Virgil

A Few Thoughts about the 2nd Dolphins Game, in no particular order

17 hours ago, Virgil said:

3 - Smoke - For as much as this offense hasn't been great this season, it's crazy to think that Brown is on pace for 1,300 yards.  He was great today, but also targeted a lot.  The only blemishes on the Allen/Brown connection was a drop by Brown, a miss by Allen on a 3rd down that would've gone for at least 20+ yards, and some jump balls that Brown has to right being targeted on.  What I loved about his game today was his ability after the catch as he made a few guys miss today and his first TD was all him for the final few yards.  I love the connection that him and Allen seem to have and there's no question who this passing offense revolves around.  However, I personally wonder if we are focusing on him too much and ignoring other players.  With a day like today, who cares as Brown had the most fantasy points at his position today.

Was that a drop? Looks to me like the DB got his hand in there and swatted it away. 

• Like (+1) 1

My thoughts about the Dolphins game gave me thoughts about the season as a whole, with just one question.

Where would this team be and where could it be going if it had a reliable receiver opposite Brown?

That is the simplest question as of now.

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Was that a drop? Looks to me like the DB got his hand in there and swatted it away. 

It was an early third down play.  The throw was a little behind Brown, but definitely catchable.

But, it's 24 hours later and I can't be held accountable to my memory anymore

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

It was an early third down play.  The throw was a little behind Brown, but definitely catchable.

But, it's 24 hours later and I can't be held accountable to my memory anymore

I am thinking of the slant early in the game (first drive) where it was thrown slightly high and the DB just behind him got his hand in to knock it away.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Go home whatdrought, you’re drunk 

I can’t go home... that’s why I’m drunk. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Great write up OP; I take away more from your column than most national guys getting paid for their weak sauce no juice commentaries as to our Bills—solid! I particularly enjoyed how you characterized Milano & the rest of the LBs’ overall day. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Thanks, Virgil!

About the announcers; Spero Dedes has called so many Bills games over the last few seasons, but I think he's only called two Bills games this year (yesterday, and the Titans game iirc). He's usually pretty good, but he slipped once yesterday by confusing a Bills player with a Dolphin player that wears the same number. Also (I don't remember if it was him or Archuletta), one of them said that the Bills bye week was coming up soon, which obviously is incorrect. 

I also wanted to mention that I thought we were about to see "The Hit Heard Around the World" part deux on an early swing pass to the flat by Fitz (that was nearly tipped at the line) that was well played and timed by the Bills defender (Milano?).

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Thanks, Virgil!

About the announcers; Spero Dedes has called so many Bills games over the last few seasons, but I think he's only called two Bills games this year (yesterday, and the Titans game iirc). He's usually pretty good, but he slipped once yesterday by confusing a Bills player with a Dolphin player that wears the same number. Also (I don't remember if it was him or Archuletta), one of them said that the Bills bye week was coming up soon, which obviously is incorrect. 

I also wanted to mention that I thought we were about to see "The Hit Heard Around the World" part deux on an early swing pass to the flat by Fitz (that was nearly tipped at the line) that was well played and timed by the Bills defender (Milano?).

It was Milano and it was glorious

• Like (+1) 1

One thing that I'm afraid needs mentioning are the fumbles by "Motor".   The Bills were lucky to have recovered both of them, but against a better team, in a closer game, that's the kind of thing that can spell disaster.  Don't know if it's a "technique" thing that can be coached, or if it's just better awareness, but that needs to get corrected, especially if they increase his workload to where we all want to see it.

Very few penalties on Sunday. Maybe because of this?

image.thumb.png.1fc3252f8082dc7faf0d7cf63d203bad.png

7 snaps sounds like a good formula for Lee. 

9 hours ago, Merle said:

One thing that I'm afraid needs mentioning are the fumbles by "Motor".   The Bills were lucky to have recovered both of them, but against a better team, in a closer game, that's the kind of thing that can spell disaster.  Don't know if it's a "technique" thing that can be coached, or if it's just better awareness, but that needs to get corrected, especially if they increase his workload to where we all want to see it.

Agreed, but I like that they largely benched him after the second one. 

Edited by Sundancer

8 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Very few penalties on Sunday. Maybe because of this?

image.thumb.png.1fc3252f8082dc7faf0d7cf63d203bad.png

7 snaps sounds like a good formula for Lee. 

Agreed, but I like that they largely benched him after the second one. 

Had an unsportsman like and a roughing the passer were the main like - drive extenders.  Maybe 1 defensive holding?