Message from McDermott to team: “Play Fearless”

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

These responses are so stupid.  He really is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. 

He says "play fearless," some idiot says "coach fearless" like he isn't one of the most aggressive coaches on fourth down or this is somehow bad coaching. 

He says "don't play fearless," and he would get criticized being too conservative. 

You are absolutely right.  Welcome to being a Bills fan.  There will always be a numb-nut ready to say i told you so.  A few of them are on this very board.  you know who you are :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

This staff has done everything BUT allow Allen to play fearlessly.

He is kept on a very short leash because they know if they let him go sandlot, bad things are going to happen.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean in the context of Allen's play or McD's ultra conservative approach to the sport of football.

It would be interesting to know what, if anything, McD could say to appease you.

• Like (+1) 6

22 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Me too. But I'd prefer fearless Josh , 300yds 2 ints and win Dolphins game

Best plays of Josh are in 4th quarter when we are trailing and he must risk. Allow him to play the whole game in his style. At least it'll be fun to watch unlike Tyrod-eaque caution 

The ONLY time he threw anticipatory throws was on the last drive.  Let him be who he is, just get ready for picks.  Hopefully the D can bail him out

for me this is all lip service. its about as valuable as the coaches and alexander preaching about how they are gonna handle the run game issues for nearly a month now.... just put up and get on with it. 

I HOPE it leads to something but i'm not gonna put a lot stock in words.

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Yesterday there was a thread about coaching philosophy similarities McD and Jauron share.  Well, it terms of public relations, McD far surpasses DJ as evidenced the HC's team message today  Of course this is going to come out via Chris Brown and not coincidentally it's timed precisely to address an issue highlighted on TBD.   

Because the HC has been criticized for coaching not to lose and avoiding risks in high pressure situations.  DJ and/or Bills media would never do anything like this to blunt any team or HC criticism.

are you stoned?  Lay off the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Regardless of what any of the naysayers point out, it IS important for your young talented players to not play scared.  I think after the Pats*** debacle they told him "these turnovers have to stop."  Josh overcorrected.  If the message from his coach is enough to let him play loose and "let 'er rip" I'm all for it.  Let's see what we've got.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Yesterday there was a thread about coaching philosophy similarities McD and Jauron share.  Well, it terms of public relations, McD far surpasses DJ as evidenced the HC's team message today  Of course this is going to come out via Chris Brown and not coincidentally it's timed precisely to address an issue highlighted on TBD.   

Because the HC has been criticized for coaching not to lose and avoiding risks in high pressure situations.  DJ and/or Bills media would never do anything like this to blunt any team or HC criticism.

Chris Brown was reporting what Allen said to the media today. Doubt Josh was addressing an “issue highlighted on TBD”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2