Great read on Belichick and the human side.

Tipster19

***** him.  

I don’t care if the article says he built a children’s hospital by hand.  

May he give Brady a horribly painful STD

Between how he has run up scores in the past, never disciplined his players for cheap plays, consistently spits in the face of the league, and overall presents himself, he’s not a person I’d ever want my kid to play for.  

Winning isn’t everything. 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

***** him.  

Between how he has run up scores in the past, never disciplined his players for cheap plays, consistently spits in the face of the league, and overall presents himself, he’s not a person I’d ever want my kid to play for.  

The point of football and sports is to win. I don't care how Blue Collar a guy is or how likeable the team is. I just want to win and look good doing it. I want my team to dominate and destroy teams. Only Bills fans want the Blue Collar to go with winning. 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

WE DON’T NEED NEW PATS* THREADS ON A BILLS BOARD

We don't need a bunch of anti-Bills/anti-Josh Allen crusades, either.  The title was clear.  You no likee?  Move along. 

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

***** him.  

We only see what the media shows us.  I bet if you talked to anyone who ever played for him or had any sort of relationship with him, they would say otherwise.  He's apparently incredibly loyal to the people he works with and is known to do right by his word.  It's very difficult for me to feel bad for the NFL (that he 'spits in the face of') when IMO they have blundered their way to ridiculous profits at the cost of the health of 1000s of past players.  The NFL shield is just a mega-corporation, bud.

Edited by Jobot

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

WE DON’T NEED NEW PATS* THREADS ON A BILLS BOARD

Good luck with that.

Here are the threads we are doomed to see for a while yet:

1) Buffalo and/or the Bills get no respect from national media! 

2) The Buffalo News sucks!

3) Mike Schopp is horrible and so is WGR-550!

4) The Patriots are cheaters!

5) Patriots fans are dumb and terrible!  

6) Bill Belichick is a cheating scumbag! 

7) Tom Brady sucks, despite being the best ever at his position! 

8) Josh Allen is, in actuality, a good QB despite how it looks rationalization threads

9) Anything perpetuating the now long dead former rivalry with the Dolphins

10) You fill in the blank

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Jobot said:

We only see what the media shows us.  I bet if you talked to anyone who ever played for him or had any sort of relationship with him, they would say otherwise.  He's apparently incredibly loyal to the people he works with and is known to do right by his word.  It's very difficult for me to feel bad for the NFL (that he 'spits in the face of') when IMO they have blundered their way to ridiculous profits at the cost of the health of 1000s of past players.  The NFL shield is just a mega-corporation, bud.

There’s actually a lot of evidence that points to the contrary.  Now, you could say that the players who leave are upset they didn’t get paid or got cut, but even Gronk made comments about how no fun that place was under him.  

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There’s actually a lot of evidence that points to the contrary.  Now, you could say that the players who leave are upset they didn’t get paid or got cut, but even Gronk made comments about how no fun that place was under him.  

If it was supposed to be fun, it wouldn't be called work.

Remember when Belichick coached the Jets?  For all of fifteen minutes?  And quit by writing "I quit" on a napkin during the press conference announcing his hiring?

Let's not beatify him just yet.  The guy's still an #######.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Recently saw an fairly long interview a lady reporter did with him covering his coaching career and life philosophy. Quite different from his post game presser persona. If you suit up for him I'm sure you have no chance but to do things his way, but if you do that my impression is he probably treats his players right. I don't know if he's the GOAT but for sure he's fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Halas, Lombardi, Shula, Landry.

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

All players at some point in their career get cut.  Being up front and honest with people is all I think you can ask in those situations which I've never heard a story of Bellicheck doing any backstabbing.

As for Gronk... he's a nut and also could have left sooner if having fun was his top priority.  You can't argue that Belichick doesn't get the best out of his players better than anyone else in the game.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Remember when Belichick coached the Jets?  For all of fifteen minutes?  And quit by writing "I quit" on a napkin during the press conference announcing his hiring?

Let's not beatify him just yet.  The guy's still an #######.

Remember when he walked off the field before the super bowl ended?

There isn't enough disparaging words to describe the man, elite coach? yes, definitely, maybe greatest ever but his acts of unsportsmanlike behavior will always anchor him towards the bottom.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

We don't need a bunch of anti-Bills/anti-Josh Allen crusades, either.  The title was clear.  You no likee?  Move along. 

"Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction."