Tre White named to ESPN Mid-season All-Pro Team

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

LSU vs LSU on Sunday. I have a feeling Baker is going to try to force the ball to Odell after all the crap this week about his targets. Most QBs stay away from throwing at Tre but he will be shadowing him. Good matchup 

Sounds like a good game for Poyer to get a pick.

On 11/5/2019 at 6:35 AM, GunnerBill said:

If I was picking three I'd go Gilmore, White, Lattimore. None of those are slot guys though. If I was picking two outside guys and a slot corner then I'd go:

Gilmore

White (just in a toss up with Lattimore)

K'Waun Williams (49ers) as the nickel.

Sherman’s second life as a Niner is one of the more impressive parts about that team too...I thought he was done and he’s proven you can get away with some diminished physical skills if you’re smart enough.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Sherman’s second life as a Niner is one of the more impressive parts about that team too...I thought he was done and he’s proven you can get away with some diminished physical skills if you’re smart enough.

Yea no doubt - I thought he was done last year and he has majorly bounced back. I do think he is benefitting from a fantastic front 4 generating pressure but he has been impressive.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea no doubt - I thought he was done last year and he has majorly bounced back. I do think he is benefitting from a fantastic front 4 generating pressure but he has been impressive.

I saw some graphic about the number of first round picks that are starting on that front 7, it’s pretty staggering. They’re crazy talented and super unconventional w/ their size and length inside.

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I thought he would still be an effective player as a Niner, zone corners can get away with a bit less athleticism with disciplined play and smarts. But I didn't think he would be a lock down corner again. I thought he would be a borderline pro-bowl type player for a few seasons but he is almost back to his Legion of Boom form. 

• Like (+1) 1

While this is a good-feeling piece of information, no one gets medals, awards or accolades for a partially completed season - he needs to finish strong and actually receive the award. It's nice to see he is on track, but it is honestly meaningless at this point

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

That last game vs. Ravens was certainly not Gilmore's best. He was beaten on man coverage a few times when he was a tad slow fighting through traffic. Just saying.

They all get beat from time to time. White gave up two sideline catches for first downs and was a step and a half behind WR on a badly thrown ball by Haskins. 

The one thing I think teams realized is size matters at DB too. Sherman, Gilmore, and White are all 5'11 or bigger.