Buffalo Bills Might Be Most Flawed 6-2 Team You’ve Ever Seen

TwistofFate

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Credibility? He was arguing with a guy who is trying to suggest the only thing separating Allen & Jackson are their supporting casts lol

You must be Wayne's alt account but I'll play along. My original point, back a couple pages, is just because Jackson is good and we didn't draft him, does not mean Allen is bad.  And PS, I have watched Jackson, watched breakdowns of him etc. Allen can pass from the pocket. Allen can throw a 35 yard dart on the run. Sorry but I'm more concerned with arm talent and pocket passing when it comes to the NFL game. Gotta be able to operate from the pocket, it's been Daboll's and McDermott's focus. While I may not agree with the way the offense is called or designed, their intention is to get Allen to be productive from the pocket. The Ravens approach is completely different with Jackson.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Credibility? He was arguing with a guy who is trying to suggest the only thing separating Allen & Jackson are their supporting casts lol

I really don’t care what he was arguing about or with whom because regardless who he is arguing with, his crusading points are always the same. 

Comparisons to Lamar Jackson or any other young QB are irrelevant to Allen’s experience in Buffalo. They are nothing more than manifestations of fear by those fans who are simply afraid (and outraged!) at the mere idea that Allen may not pan out. 

So let’s just cut to the chase. How’s this: Allen is the worst QB in the league and it’s not even close. See how easy that was? The anti Allen crusaders should just let it go at that. There’s nothing more they can say that can exceed that analysis. Constant regurgitation of irrelevant statistical comparisons simply prolongs their pain! 

2 hours ago, Luka said:

Since we're playing the "use manipulated stats to prop our strawman" game, here's a bunch in Allen's favor that give some context to his performance this year compared to Jackson's.

Drops: Allen 8th, Jackson 31st

Drop %: Allen 5th, Jackson 29th

Bad Throw %: Allen 13th, Jackson 9th

Hurried: Allen 14th, Jackson 27th

Hits: Allen 8th, Jackson 41st

Not to mention Josh's 4th quarter rating (best) and the fact that since the beating at New England his passer rating (98.4) is 12th in the league while Lamar's rating over the same period is 77.5 (27th).

But I digress, everyone stick to their narratives lol

Cool...now look at where those numbers came from.

Buffalo has beaten opponents with a combined record of 9 wins, 42 losses.  (9-42)  They needed comeback victories in the majority of the wins against those weak opponents.

Baltimore has beaten opponents with a combined record of 23 wins, 27 losses. (23-27)  They did not need comeback wins in any of those games and averaged 33 points a game against far superior opponents.  They smashed the Patriots on Sunday night, and smashed the Seahawk's the week before.  Both teams are arguably the best team in each conference.

So, both teams, having Qb's with the similar experience faced much different teams in terms of quality.  One has orchestrated a scoring averaging of 33 points per win, the other against subpar challengers averaging 22.5. (Jackson) 

One has more yards passing, more yards per pass, more td's, less int's, and higher Qbr facing more challenging opponents. (Jackson)  

One has over 600+ yards rushing to the other's 200+ yards. (Jackson

One of them has more rushing Td's, more +20 runs, and less fumbles. (Jackson)

Has Josh looked better than last year?  In some ways, yes, in other ways...no.

Has he looked anywhere near as dominant as Jackson half way through the season?  Absolutely not, and if you believe that, you need to watch more football.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Buffalo has beaten opponents with a combined record of 9 wins, 42 losses.  (9-42)  They needed comeback victories in the majority of the wins against those weak opponents.

Baltimore has beaten opponents with a combined record of 23 wins, 27 losses. (23-27)  They did not need comeback wins in any of those games and averaged 33 points a game against far superior opponents.  They smashed the Patriots on Sunday night, and smashed the Seahawk's the week before.  Both teams are arguably the best team in each conference.

So, both teams, having Qb's with the similar experience faced much different teams in terms of quality.  One has orchestrated a scoring averaging of 33 points per win, the other against subpar challengers averaging 22.5. (Jackson) 

One has more yards passing, more yards per pass, more td's, less int's, and higher Qbr facing more challenging opponents. (Jackson)  

Has he looked anywhere near as dominant as Jackson half way through the season?  Absolutely not, and if you believe that, you need to watch more football.

And my post went directly over your head. I think Josh threw it into the press box. That's how high it went over your head.

YOU CAN NIT PICK STATS ALL YOU WANT TO MAKE ANYONE LOOK GOOD OR BAD. JACKSON PLAYING WELL FOR THE RAVENS DOES NOT MEAN ALLEN IS BAD.

You know what, I'm done with you guys. The public education system has clearly failed in this country. If you want to take two different players, from different teams, playing different offenses, against different opponenents and say "dUh ThEsE tHiNgS aRe ExAcTlY tHe SaMe" then be my guest. Watch your "favorite" team and hate the QB. Seems logical.

Baltimore is using Lamar like a college QB. It’s about winning now and it’s working for them.  Everything they have done is to take as much advantage of Lamars strengths now. Anyone who thinks he can keep this up over numerous years is crazy.....Sit back and watch. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

Hold the presses!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2019/11/04/at-buffalo-bills-halfway-mark-some-evidence-that-josh-allen-is-getting-better/

At Buffalo Bills’ Halfway Mark, Some Evidence That Josh Allen Is Getting Better

This may come as a surprise, but his supporters have some strength behind their arguments that Josh Allen isn’t as bad as some critics make out.

The Bills, of course, are 6-2 and off to their best start since the 1993 Super Bowl finalist team. That’s the good part.

And there is more good news.

In the last four games, Allen has thrown seven TD passes while tossing only one interception. That’s a big improvement, and one that he wanted to focus on as the season progressed. But he still wasn’t good at holding onto the ball. He fumbled the ball five more times in the past four games. You 

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

?

The ravens are on a 3 game win streak and the last two opponents they've face and beaten were the Undefeated NE pats and Seahawks. 

Those two teams were dominated by the Ravens.   Those two teams have more combined wins then every team we've beaten this year. 

We are going to lose to them, and lose to them pretty badly IMO. 

Who are the Seahawks?  They struggled against Cinci, Pitts, Browns,  Atlanta, and got taken to overtime by Tampa Bay.  Maybe they are the most flawed 7-2 team?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think what he said was "Buffalo is a Bad Football Team"  "They're 6-2"  "They're a Bad Team"

...not that pundit quips matter to me, but isn't inference that Buffalo is " a lousy 6-2 football team"?.....kinda doubt you'll have a sleepless night over Terry's "assessments(COUGH)"....:D...know that Chandler 81 won't......here's his quote about my Bradshaw thread....

"(we decided unanimously that Bradshaw took too many snot-knockers to the Mellon and he’s a Hick.)? "

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

No comeback wins? 

Baltimore tied it up against Pittsburg by kicking a field goal with 14 seconds left. Then won in OT on a day that Jackson passed for 161 yards 1TD and 3 INTS

Baltimore got their asses handed to them by the Browns on a day where Jackson  threw 2 INTs

Against Seattle Jackson was 9/20 for 143 yards.  The defense had 2 TDs that game.  Are you going to sit there and act like Jackson was the reason they won?

As far as passing goes... Jackson only has a ~20 ypg avg more than Allen. That's like 1-2 passes.  Lets not act like Jackson is a world beater while Josh is terrible.  Lets also not act like Baltimore has played all good teams.  Mia, Arizona, Cinci, Pitts, Browns. Jackson is doing well this season but so is Allen.  Jackson may have a couple games where he had bigger highs, but passing wise he really isn't doing all that much better than Allen is.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Luka said:

You must be Wayne's alt account but I'll play along. My original point, back a couple pages, is just because Jackson is good and we didn't draft him, does not mean Allen is bad.  And PS, I have watched Jackson, watched breakdowns of him etc. Allen can pass from the pocket. Allen can throw a 35 yard dart on the run. Sorry but I'm more concerned with arm talent and pocket passing when it comes to the NFL game. Gotta be able to operate from the pocket, it's been Daboll's and McDermott's focus. While I may not agree with the way the offense is called or designed, their intention is to get Allen to be productive from the pocket. The Ravens approach is completely different with Jackson.

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

I really don’t care what he was arguing about or with whom because regardless who he is arguing with, his crusading points are always the same. 

Comparisons to Lamar Jackson or any other young QB are irrelevant to Allen’s experience in Buffalo. They are nothing more than manifestations of fear by those fans who are simply afraid (and outraged!) at the mere idea that Allen may not pan out. 

So let’s just cut to the chase. How’s this: Allen is the worst QB in the league and it’s not even close. See how easy that was? The anti Allen crusaders should just let it go at that. There’s nothing more they can say that can exceed that analysis. Constant regurgitation of irrelevant statistical comparisons simply prolongs their pain! 

Who here said Allen is bad? Or even insinuated that Allen is the worst QB in the league?

Some of you are so sensitive and emotional about Allen that you're incapable of simple reading comprehension.

39 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Hold the presses!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2019/11/04/at-buffalo-bills-halfway-mark-some-evidence-that-josh-allen-is-getting-better/

At Buffalo Bills’ Halfway Mark, Some Evidence That Josh Allen Is Getting Better

This may come as a surprise, but his supporters have some strength behind their arguments that Josh Allen isn’t as bad as some critics make out.

The Bills, of course, are 6-2 and off to their best start since the 1993 Super Bowl finalist team. That’s the good part.

And there is more good news.

In the last four games, Allen has thrown seven TD passes while tossing only one interception. That’s a big improvement, and one that he wanted to focus on as the season progressed. But he still wasn’t good at holding onto the ball. He fumbled the ball five more times in the past four games. You 

LOL.  Some of us have been saying exactly this.  Can't see the forest for the trees.

Next things for Josh to work on hard is ball security when running and get some long balls caught.

Things are moving ahead.

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Baltimore is using Lamar like a college QB. It’s about winning now and it’s working for them.  Everything they have done is to take as much advantage of Lamars strengths now. Anyone who thinks he can keep this up over numerous years is crazy.....Sit back and watch. 

I have not watched  much of Jackson but I have been told he does not take hits often, so he might be able to keep it up longer then any other running QB, that being said his play will one day drop off a cliff when he sprains an ankle.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Who here said Allen is bad? Or even insinuated that Allen is the worst QB in the league?

Some of you are so sensitive and emotional about Allen that you're incapable of simple reading comprehension.

Here you go:

Nextmanup says:

If only it was as simple as "opening up the offense" and telling Josh to go throw 300 yards!  

If it was in him to do that or be that type of passer, he would regularly do it now, and have been doing it for a while now.

He is a slight upgrade over Tyrod, with a slightly different skill set, but about the same output.

I do NOT want him to be the Bills QB for the next dozen years! 

I want a good QB for a change! 

Keep looking!  He's not it! 

Edited by oldmanfan

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

You’re missing the point. I’m not suggesting you said that about Allen. I’m suggesting that you should. Instead of being so insecure and pissed off that Allen may not pan out, try just assuming the absolute worst and then working up from that position. It’s safer for you. And the rest of us are spared your incessant bellyaching. It’s a win win for everybody. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You’re missing the point. I’m not suggesting you said that about Allen. I’m suggesting that you should. Instead of being so insecure and pissed off that Allen may not pan out, try just assuming the absolute worst and then working up from that position. It’s safer for you. And the rest of us are spared your incessant bellyaching. It’s a win win for everybody. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Read the rest of that guy's posts.

5 hours ago, Luka said:

And my post went directly over your head. I think Josh threw it into the press box. That's how high it went over your head.

YOU CAN NIT PICK STATS ALL YOU WANT TO MAKE ANYONE LOOK GOOD OR BAD. JACKSON PLAYING WELL FOR THE RAVENS DOES NOT MEAN ALLEN IS BAD.

You know what, I'm done with you guys. The public education system has clearly failed in this country. If you want to take two different players, from different teams, playing different offenses, against different opponenents and say "dUh ThEsE tHiNgS aRe ExAcTlY tHe SaMe" then be my guest. Watch your "favorite" team and hate the QB. Seems logical.

I didn't go to public school, but agree, it has failed this country. 

Your post isn't over my head.  Statistically Allen IS one of the worst starting Qbs in the league. 

Did he make a jump this season?   In completion percentage, yes.   But they are hiding him on offense because he's making too many bad plays.  The Ravens aren't hiding Jackson, he's throwing for it on 4th down against the Pats defense.  They are utilizing his abilities to the fullest and he's excelling. 

They tried to let Allen sling the rock early on.   What did it lead to?   Disasters. Turnovers galore.  So now they have gone conservative because they can't trust him to do it. 

Lastly, I support the brand, not individual players.   They come and they go, Buffalo remains.   I don't hate Allen or wish him to do bad.   I simply have lost faith in him. 

32 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I didn't go to public school, but agree, it has failed this country. 

Your post isn't over my head.  Statistically Allen IS one of the worst starting Qbs in the league. 

Did he make a jump this season?   In completion percentage, yes.   But they are hiding him on offense because he's making too many bad plays.  The Ravens aren't hiding Jackson, he's throwing for it on 4th down against the Pats defense.  They are utilizing his abilities to the fullest and he's excelling. 

They tried to let Allen sling the rock early on.   What did it lead to?   Disasters. Turnovers galore.  So now they have gone conservative because they can't trust him to do it. 

Lastly, I support the brand, not individual players.   They come and they go, Buffalo remains.   I don't hate Allen or wish him to do bad.   I simply have lost faith in him. 

They both have ~30 attempts a game.  Allen is 160 yards behind Jackson in total passing yards which works out to 20 yards a game. 20+ yard completions 26 vs 25.  40+ yard completions 5 vs 4. 12 TDs vs 10 TDs. 5 INTS vs 7 INTS. INT% 2.1 vs 2.9.

I don't know where you keep coming up with some of this stuff that you spew out but statistically as far as passing they are pretty close.  So if Allen is statistically one of the worst starting QBs in the league then Jackson isn't too far behind him.

Edited by Scott7975