Bills brought Corey Liuget in yesterday & signed him today (M Alexander to IR)

Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, hemma said:

Ravens game already makes me nervous.

Was it New Orleans that ran 20+ consecutive 'down your throat and out the chute' plays against us?

Yeah, in 2017. I don’t think that game is relevant here, it’s a very different roster. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Another PED guy...nice culture

You do realize you sound like a total azs  when you throw the holier than thou card, right? You do also realize the NFL is riddled with Ped users, right? If not you got a lot of growing up to do.

nuthin but luv slim, 

Go Bills!!!

18 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

It really could be if he resembles any part of his former self.

I think the "impact" of this signing could be a positive however I am not so sure this is such a slam dunk as many here are thinking. Liuget was a beast on the Chargers but got released off of an injury. Then he got signed by the Raiders but was so ineffective that he got released. 

I don't hate the signing as I am not sure who else was on the market that could be better. But I just don't see him as a savior for the run defense either. Hopefully he helps improve the run defense but I am not expecting that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I think the "impact" of this signing could be a positive however I am not so sure this is such a slam dunk as many here are thinking. Liuget was a beast on the Chargers but got released off of an injury. Then he got signed by the Raiders but was so ineffective that he got released. 

I don't hate the signing as I am not sure who else was on the market that could be better. But I just don't see him as a savior for the run defense either. Hopefully he helps improve the run defense but I am not expecting that. 

Agreed. I don't see Liuget as a savior necessarily...but he could help stabilize the line. Let's see what he has left...he may provide an inspired effort. I hope so.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Didn't see this here.  Nice write up from Matt Parrino

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/will-dt-corey-liuget-help-buffalo-bills-run-defense-lorenzo-alexander-offers-insight-into-struggles-vs-run.html

The problem has been that it's been a collection of mistakes. On one play it'll be a linebacker, on another it'll be a defensive lineman and even a defensive back will have some responsibility when big runs happen. Bills linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said everybody has to do a better job of getting off blocks and getting to the ball.

Going through the struggle against the run may end up being a good thing for this defense, though. Alexander said that in those moments when things are breaking down guys have to look around inside the huddle and fix it.

"You obviously never want anyone to run all over you but there's gonna be adversity throughout a season and throughout a game," he said. "Been really proud of the guys making that mental shift at halftime (especially vs. Washington) because it's hard to do sometimes when people are kicking your butt. You try to figure out what's going on. Sometimes you overcorrect and try to do too much. But the way guys stayed calm and settled down and stuck to the game plan was just impressive."

Bills defensive tackle Jordan Phillips is excited to see what Liuget can bring to the defense. Phillips is having a breakout season and leads all interior defensive linemen in the NFL with six sacks on the year. With Cleveland's potentially high-octane offense up next, having faced some tough running teams already has the Bills more prepared to handle adversity on Sunday.

Cover1 Clips of Liuget

https://twitter.com/Cover_1_/status/1192168886814294019/video/1

• Like (+1) 1