Bills brought Corey Liuget in yesterday & signed him today (M Alexander to IR)

Reed83HOF

16 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I rewatched the game and it doesnt look like Oilver was the problem it looked like Star was

Star has been the problem all year. I love the direction McBeane has this team going, but Star was an expensive mistake. He’s average on his best day. He should switch contracts with Jordan Phillips, but Star isn’t even worth Phillips’ 1yr/5m deal. Sad. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

Star has been the problem all year. I love the direction McBeane has this team going, but Star was an expensive mistake. He’s average on his best day. He should switch contracts with Jordan Phillips, but Star isn’t even worth Phillips’ 1yr/5m deal. Sad. 

I saw Star turn his back when he saw AP coming at him

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

They were really relying on those Panthers players. Star and Benjamin and Murphy from the Redskins... I think Beane needs to find himself a better pro scout.

Edited by Luka

3 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Not one player from the Panthers have helped this team

Hopefully they move on from those connections. It's time this offseason, to throw the money around and bring in legitimate talent in free agency. I keep hearing we're the worst 6-2 team but aside from Allen, Singletary, White and Phillips, who are the playmakers on this team?

10 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

The excuse McD gives is that Star occupies 2 blockers... he could at least hold the line and make a play every once in awhile. Good 1-tech DT’s (especially those making 50m) can still get penetration and make plays. McD makes it seem as though it OK for him not to do that... no, he just sucks!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not surprised - they lost their back-up plan in Peko when he got claimed by Indy.

This is the team finding out what is available in case of injury.  I would not be surprised if a few more are looked at.

32 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I believe that is the play Cover1 is showing where he is getting held when AP cuts toward him and he held the spot for Johnson to make the tackle and Johnson misses low and Star is not in position to make the tackle and AP is on his back.

Star did his job - the DB had to make the tackle.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Luka said:

Hopefully they move on from those connections. It's time this offseason, to throw the money around and bring in legitimate talent in free agency. I keep hearing we're the worst 6-2 team but aside from Allen, Singletary, White and Phillips, who are the playmakers on this team?

Milano, Brown, Poyer and Hyde 

1 minute ago, Manther said:

Milano, Brown, Poyer and Hyde 

How many picks does Poyer and Hyde have between the two of them? 1 I think? Not to mention the run defense the past three games, they're responsible for gaps as well. Milano hasn't been a factor really since coming back from injury. John Brown is a good number 2. We need guys that will literally take over a game from their spot, we just don't have a lot of those. An elite edge rusher and receiver are sorely missing from this team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

How many picks does Poyer and Hyde have between the two of them? 1 I think? Not to mention the run defense the past three games, they're responsible for gaps as well. Milano hasn't been a factor really since coming back from injury. John Brown is a good number 2. We need guys that will literally take over a game from their spot, we just don't have a lot of those. An elite edge rusher and receiver are sorely missing from this team.

I agree we need more playmakers, but, we aren’t getting them this year.  

The sky is not falling.  Picks and sacks are not the only ways to account for “making plays” on D.  Brown, Milano, Poyer and Hyde do make plays.  They are playmakers.  Agreed to disagree on that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Luka said:

geesh.

any positive takes ?

Poyer and Hyde or to notch players.

iif there were a wtf emote i would add it here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

geesh.

any positive takes ?

Poyer and Hyde or to notch players.

iif there were a wtf emote i would add it here

I tend to agree but not speaking historically, just speaking about this year, we haven't seen them have the same impact that they've had in previous years.

9 minutes ago, Manther said:

I agree we need more playmakers, but, we aren’t getting them this year.  

The sky is not falling.  Picks and sacks are not the only ways to account for “making plays” on D.  Brown, Milano, Poyer and Hyde do make plays.  They are playmakers.  Agreed to disagree on that.

Never said the sky is falling, just that guys that we've watched just take over have all been quiet this year. On defense I still attribute it to not having a great pass rush. Look at the Chargers against the Packers yesterday, their pass rush took over the whole game and shut down one of the best to ever play.

Edited by Luka
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Meazy26 said:

Yep. Star is a liability at this point. Not quite sure why people cling to this signing as a good one. It was not. Ya know, it's okay to state this exactly as you stated it; I like the direction, but this was a mistake. Not that complicated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

I did too. Only comment I will make regarding this thought:

You would think that if we are looking at this right now, I would hope during the trade deadline we sniffed around the DT position. It just seems like a move could have been made, much easier than WR, edge etc. without giving up a ton. Granted we have no idea what the prices were or what our thoughts were at that time, but I sure as hell hope we called around and kicked some tires...

LOL...I will fix it

Like maybe Geno Atkins??

29 minutes ago, Luka said:

This. Hyde and Poyer are really good safeties. The entire secondary is solid. Milano is a good football player.

The type of game changing plays you're referencing generally come from consistent edge pressure. That's the missing piece.

18 minutes ago, Luka said:

I tend to agree but not speaking historically, just speaking about this year, we haven't seen them have the same impact that they've had in previous years.

Never said the sky is falling, just that guys that we've watched just take over have all been quiet this year. On defense I still attribute it to not having a great pass rush. Look at the Chargers against the Packers yesterday, their pass rush took over the whole game and shut down one of the best to ever play.

I agree this year has been much more challenging my friend.
But they still play the game just as hard, imho.

that front seven needs some dialing in perhaps ?

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Like maybe Geno Atkins??

: (

1 hour ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I rewatched the game and it doesnt look like Oilver was the problem it looked like Star was

That's funny. Someone else watched the tape and said Star was really good.

Guess us fans don't know what we are looking at. Maybe we should stop pretending.

20 minutes ago, MJS said:

That's funny. Someone else watched the tape and said Star was really good.

Guess us fans don't know what we are looking at. Maybe we should stop pretending.

If Star is not the problem and Tremaine is not the problem then the D scheme is. We're getting shredded up the middle and I am looking at Star & Tremaine. And please don't tell me they solved there issues in the second half. With a rookie quarterback you could do run blitzes every play and stop at run. Against a  good quarterback you're going to get picked apart doing that every play.

• Like (+1) 1