Bills brought Corey Liuget in yesterday & signed him today (M Alexander to IR)

Reed83HOF

2018 scouting report---doesn't seem like he would be a run stuffer...almost like the role they wanted Oliver to play. Although on some of the runs they are getting gashed on its because they get the Bills moving laterally so maybe they think he could help shoot through some of those:

He wins primarily against the lateral run game. His snap quickness helps him excel as a penetrator. Liuget’s processing allow him to shoot through the gap to replace pullers and undercut reach blocks. As a pass-rusher, his hand usage and quickness stand out. He sets up blockers with inside-out fakes, clubs and rips to penetrate and move the QB off his spot. The 27-year-old possesses a nonstop motor and chases the ball through the whistle all over the field.

Edited by matter2003

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

2018 scouting report---doesn't seem like he would be a run stuffer...almost like the role they wanted Oliver to play. Although on some of the runs they are getting gashed on its because they get the Bills moving laterally so maybe they think he could help shoot through some of those:

He wins primarily against the lateral run game. His snap quickness helps him excel as a penetrator. Liuget’s processing allow him to shoot through the gap to replace pullers and undercut reach blocks. As a pass-rusher, his hand usage and quickness stand out. He sets up blockers with inside-out fakes, clubs and rips to penetrate and move the QB off his spot. The 27-year-old possesses a nonstop motor and chases the ball through the whistle all over the field.

Something tells me there’s another paragraph entitled “Weaknesses”. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 11

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Forgot he was out there 

Liuget was released by the Raiders on Oct. 30 after spending the previous 7 seasons with the Chargers

I did too. Only comment I will make regarding this thought:

You would think that if we are looking at this right now, I would hope during the trade deadline we sniffed around the DT position. It just seems like a move could have been made, much easier than WR, edge etc. without giving up a ton. Granted we have no idea what the prices were or what our thoughts were at that time, but I sure as hell hope we called around and kicked some tires...

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not sure who you are ... but thanks, Bill.

LOL...I will fix it

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I did too. Only comment I will make regarding this thought:

You would think that if we are looking at this right now, I would hope during the trade deadline we sniffed around the DT position. It just seems like a move could have been made, much easier than WR, edge etc. without giving up a ton. Granted we have no idea what the prices were or what our thoughts were at that time, but I sure as hell hope we called around and kicked some tires...

I was hoping they were talking with the Falcons about Grady Jarrett

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3