Plenz Review of South Bend

plenzmd1

1) Snow was awesome during game

2) Touchdown Jesus is really freaking cool

3) Tailgates were pretty weak

4) If every TV timeout you have to run commercials in stadium telling me what a special place/tradition ND football is, you lose the message

5) College students are some weak ass people, student section was mostly empty

6) Bars are fun..and cheap! 24oz Bud Light  24 oz  or 16 oz Two Hearteds $5!

7) Boots are still sticky from the floors

? College girls (well all women really)still do not find me attractive, nothing has changed in 40 years 

was great to check of the list, but need to get to an LSU game next year with @Kirby Jackson, got a feeling that be a tad bit more fun!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If every TV timeout you have to run commercials in stadium telling me what a special place/tradition ND football is, you lose the message

They do that at Fenway (about Fenway/Sox). Even as a Sox fan, it was the only thing I thought was lame about going to a ballgame there. 

• Like (+1) 2

Nice! Sounds like a cool experience. I am taking my son to the Big House next year for his 16th birthday. 5 of us (the other 3 are his uncles) are going to make it an RV trip and tailgate for a couple of days as well. Go Blue! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

4) If every TV timeout you have to run commercials in stadium telling me what a special place/tradition ND football is, you lose the message

? College girls (well all women really)still do not find me attractive, nothing has changed in 40 years 

was great to check of the list, but need to get to an LSU game next year with @Kirby Jackson, got a feeling that be a tad bit more fun!

...South Bend does get pretty crazy...was the in 1976 for ND-Pitt game.......Montana was on IR and Dorsett ran wild....first carry off tackle for 61 yd TD...ran for 181 at Pitt won, 31-10.....used to be awesome tailgaiting at a place called The Senior Bar.........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Is it the cucumber in your pocket or the roll of Benjamins peeking out of your wallet? :devil:

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

I am one of those people out there that positively hates every last thing about Notre Dame!  

I do commend plenz on his approach of traveling around to the famous football Meccas across this great land of ours though.

It's a cool idea.

May I suggest Alabama or Auburn on the day the one team plays the other?

Ohio State in Columbus against Michigan?  Or at Ann Arbor against OSU? 

• Like (+1) 1

I went to Notre Dame once to play rugby. I got kicked in the head that day, think it was a concussion. That may explain a lot of things! 

I felt awful and skipped most of the partying. It was cold and wet, and I found my way into a common area of a nice warm dorm. I tried to hide behind a couch and lay down. My head was throbbing! A little old priest found me and saw how awful I looked. He threw me out into the cold rain. Ahh....great times!  

I had a good friend that went to Notre Dame when we were younger so we always took a road trip out there for a football game every year.  It was always a good time but I do agree that the SEC Tailgates would be way better.  I have never liked Notre Dame so really didn't have a routing interest in the game.  In fact my third time there we went to see them Boston College, Notre Dame was big favorites, we got really drunk the night before. 2 minutes into the game, we are standing on those wooden bleachers in the student section, my head is pounding, they are doing all these stupid chants & cheers, I looked at my friends & said "I have enough, I am leaving."  Took a nice big fat cr*p in the art museum, beautiful bathroom, noone in the place, might of been the greatest sh*t of my life & walked around the campus for the next 3 hours.  Great way to spend a fall Saturday in South Bend, it was definitely the right call leaving the game.    

BTW, from what I remember the girls on that campus were UGLY, there was an all girls college right by Notre Dame that had much better looking girls.  Forgot the name of the college. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

One of my former players goes to ND, and his family invited me and my coaching staff to come out for a lacrosse game this spring.  They’re renting a big house for everyone.  Very much looking forward to spending a couple days there.

do not, i repeat do not, wear any footwear that you like to the The Linebacker! 

You will have a great time,the campus is beautiful!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gordio said:

I had a good friend that went to Notre Dame when we were younger so we always took a road trip out there for a football game every year.  It was always a good time but I do agree that the SEC Tailgates would be way better.  I have never liked Notre Dame so really didn't have a routing interest in the game.  In fact my third time there we went to see them Boston College, Notre Dame was big favorites, we got really drunk the night before. 2 minutes into the game, we are standing on those wooden bleachers in the student section, my head is pounding, they are doing all these stupid chants & cheers, I looked at my friends & said "I have enough, I am leaving."  Took a nice big fat cr*p in the art museum, beautiful bathroom, noone in the place, might of been the greatest sh*t of my life & walked around the campus for the next 3 hours.  Great way to spend a fall Saturday in South Bend, it was definitely the right call leaving the game.    

BTW, from what I remember the girls on that campus were UGLY, there was an all girls college right by Notre Dame that had much better looking girls.  Forgot the name of the college. 

@plenzmd1 gave you the the obligatory thumbs up like. I suspect he would have far done more except there were tears in his eyes because this touched him so deeply. I think @Seasons1992 can attest that this is a topic that touches that Dopey’s soul! 

?

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Augie said:

@plenzmd1 gave you the the obligatory thumbs up like. I suspect he would have far done more except there were tears in his eyes because this touched him so deeply. I think @Seasons1992 can attest that this is a topic that touches that Dopey’s soul! 

?

Maybe should have included in the review that the facilities in the library under touchdown Jesus were rather disappointing. Figure at a 60k school, they could keep the heads  ***** and span! 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Maybe should have included in the review that the facilities in the library under touchdown Jesus were rather disappointing. Figure at a 60k school, they could keep the heads  ***** and span! 

it's not a big enrolment school...

i enjoyed my 3 trips there, good updates, make sure you again real soon y'hear

On 11/3/2019 at 4:27 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Yeah...you're definitely going to get a different crowd at LSU than at ND!

As for tailgating, much of the pre-game experience at ND is on campus among the dorms rather than in the parking lots.  And it's a pretty family oriented crowd.  Not too many flaming tables.  We had a good breakfast in one of those places across the street from campus that served huge bloody marys for like $5.  Gotta love prices in the mid-west.  And yeah, TD Jesus rocks.  Glad you had fun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1