Peko released, Taylor to 53

It always amazes me when this message board is a step or two ahead of the people who get paid millions to make these decisions. I can't decide if there is a chosen few on this board who truly have next level thinking when it comes to football management, or if its just the 1% of excrement still sticking on the wall. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

If this is the truth, we should all worry about the Bills FO. Putting a second rate player on the team, no matter the human element, is inexcusable if done so based upon sentiment. The Pegulas have plenty of money to pay for medical bills and could absolutely have taken care of Peko’s wife if he was on the PS. Peko was on the game-day roster each week he was on the team. He was on there because McD and Frazier wanted him to be.

There is no evidence that this is the reason he was on the team.

Peko has been a part of the organization since September of 2018 when he was signed to the PS.

He was in camp and preseason all year.

I'm sure it's more of a player who looked the part (backup) in practice and not able to bring it come game day.

I do agree with others that the move should of came before the Eagles game.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

There is no evidence that this is the reason he was on the team.

Peko has been a part of the organization since September of 2018 when he was signed to the PS.

He was in camp and preseason all year.

I'm sure it's more of a player who looked the part (backup) in practice and not able to bring it come game day.

I do agree with others that the move should of came before the Eagles game.

I actually said this exact thing if you read to the bottom of my post. Just saying…

1 hour ago, GG said:

Yeah, let's crap on the only DL who's made plays this season and has played out of his natural position.  Lord knows, Pegula needs to watch his checkbook to pay $15 million to Star & Murphy next year (and count about $20 million towards the salary cap) .  Much better to keep those guys and get a JAG to replace J Phillips.

Take a lap bro. Talkin football

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Take a lap bro. Talkin football

No, we're talking roster management, where you are out of your league.

Let's wait until game tape is available to see how your favorite DL fared this week.  Sure seems to be earning his paycheck, doesn't he?

1 minute ago, GG said:

No, we're talking roster management, where you are out of your league.

Let's wait until game tape is available to see how your favorite DL fared this week.  Sure seems to be earning his paycheck, doesn't he?

Lmao ‘my favorite’. 

I don’t have ‘favorite’ players...tf old are you kid? I call it like I see it. And again...DT was an issue the first half but LB was bigger. And the adjustment at halftime to line up Lotulelei shaded inside shoulder at 1tech instead of A gap side on w/center worked...because it means the LBs don’t have to read gap and instead you just have DT plugging. But I’m sure you already knew that.

We can wait for film. It will show dline and lbs struggling v run first half and the adjustment second half. 

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Lmao ‘my favorite’. 

I don’t have ‘favorite’ players...tf old are you kid? I call it like I see it. And again...DT was an issue the first half but LB was bigger. And the adjustment at halftime to line up Lotulelei shaded inside shoulder at 1tech instead of A gap side on w/center worked...because it means the LBs don’t have to read gap and instead you just have DT plugging. But I’m sure you already knew that.

We can wait for film. It will show dline and lbs struggling v run first half and the adjustment second half. 

Welcome to the school of roster management.  No matter how many times you try to impress the board with your high school play-calling knowledge, doesn't negate the fact that Star is an average DT who's a net liability given his contract.  Instead of arguing that Bills can replace Jordan Phillips with a JAG, there's far more evidence that Bills could replace Star with a JAG and not miss a beat.  

The basic move to slide your highest paid DL around to cover up a glaring defensive weakness means the guy isn't earning his contract, plain and simple.  You don't sign a guy to a $50 million deal if all you ask him to do is occupy space, especially when you have a misplaced MLB not playing well.  Unlike any other DL on the roster, Star has yet to make a play other than "occupy blockers"  

Edited by GG
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Welcome to the school of roster management.  No matter how many times you try to impress the board with your high school play-calling knowledge, doesn't negate the fact that Star is an average DT who's a net liability given his contract.  Instead of arguing that Bills can replace Jordan Phillips with a JAG, there's far more evidence that Bills could replace Star with a JAG and not miss a beat.  

The basic move to slide your highest paid DL around to cover up a glaring defensive weakness means the guy isn't earning his contract, plain and simple.  You don't sign a guy to a $50 million deal if all you ask him to do is occupy space, especially when you have a misplaced MLB not playing well.  Unlike any other DL on the roster, Star has yet to make a play other than "occupy blockers"  

They are trying to build Edmunds and Milano into a unit. That takes a lot of time and experience. Having your 1tech ride the G into C and open B gaps for LBs to exploit is how they eventually want this to defense to function, but that put the onus on Edmunds to be able to take advantage of his read. At the moment it's easier on the LBs if they can just react to a muddled LOS...which is why they made the adjustment at halftime.

I'm not going to get into throwing insults around, sorry if you don't like my analysis. It might be simple but it's correct.

Star is useless, this game proved it if there was any doubt before.  Once Vincent Taylor came in after half time and relegated Star to the bench, AP was shut down.  By the end of the first half, AP was well on his way to 200 yards, but ended up 18 carries for 108.  He was close to 100 yards by the end of the first half, alone.

Get rid of Trent Murphy, too.  High motor and DNA means nothing if you can't get sacks as an edge rusher.  He is totally useless in run defense.

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Star is useless, this game proved it if there was any doubt before.  Once Vincent Taylor came in after half time and relegated Star to the bench, AP was shut down.  By the end of the first half, AP was well on his way to 200 yards, but ended up 18 carries for 108.  He was close to 100 yards by the end of the first half, alone.

Get rid of Trent Murphy, too.  High motor and DNA means nothing if you can't get sacks as an edge rusher.  He is totally useless in run defense.

He started out 8 for 99 and went 10 for 9 the rest of the way.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

They are trying to build Edmunds and Milano into a unit. That takes a lot of time and experience. Having your 1tech ride the G into C and open B gaps for LBs to exploit is how they eventually want this to defense to function, but that put the onus on Edmunds to be able to take advantage of his read. At the moment it's easier on the LBs if they can just react to a muddled LOS...which is why they made the adjustment at halftime.

I'm not going to get into throwing insults around, sorry if you don't like my analysis. It might be simple but it's correct.

Funny how people no longer wish to sling insults when their attempt falls limply on the ground.

Keep storming that Star hill, the effort will be worthwhile.  

1 minute ago, GG said:

Funny how people no longer wish to sling insults when their attempt falls limply on the ground.

Keep storming that Star hill, the effort will be worthwhile.  

LOL. You have been consistently wrong on this. I have been consistently right. You are the guy who thought Peko was outplaying Lotulelei. You are the guy who does not understand responsibilities in this defense. Your opinion is pretty much meaningless as far as I’m concerned.

If you want to keep complaining about things you don’t understand go right ahead. 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL. You have been consistently wrong on this. I have been consistently right. You are the guy who thought Peko was outplaying Lotulelei. You are the guy who does not understand responsibilities in this defense. Your opinion is pretty much meaningless as far as I’m concerned.

If you want to keep complaining about things you don’t understand go right ahead. 

I'm also not the one with massive reading comprehension problem. 

Maybe you can educate me and the rest of the board on the proper responsibility of the $10 million 1Tech DL when he's sitting on the bench.  Should he sit in the middle, because if he sits on the end the bench will tip over?