Peko released, Taylor to 53

Just now, GG said:

I'm also not the one with massive reading comprehension problem. 

Maybe you can educate me and the rest of the board on the proper responsibility of the $10 million 1Tech DL when he's sitting on the bench.  Should he sit in the middle, because if he sits on the end the bench will tip over?

So your contention is that Lotulelei spent a lot of time on the bench today?

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So your contention is that Lotulelei spent a lot of time on the bench today?

He was certainly prominent during Peterson's fountain of youth quarter coupled with a feeble effort to slow down Haskins.   Pretty pedestrian effort for a guy who was signed for the sole reason to shore up the run game.   I'm sure you noticed a bigger & fatter Taylor chase down an RB to blow up a passing play.  

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

There is no evidence that this is the reason he was on the team.

Peko has been a part of the organization since September of 2018 when he was signed to the PS.

He was in camp and preseason all year.

I'm sure it's more of a player who looked the part (backup) in practice and not able to bring it come game day.

I do agree with others that the move should of came before the Eagles game.

McDermott had to really see Peko again in a live game that counted. He got his answer.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GG said:

He was certainly prominent during Peterson's fountain of youth quarter coupled with a feeble effort to slow down Haskins.   Pretty pedestrian effort for a guy who was signed for the sole reason to shore up the run game.   I'm sure you noticed a bigger & fatter Taylor chase down an RB to blow up a passing play.  

Deflection. You are parroting the line that they took Lotulelei out in the second half for Taylor when it was Oliver. It was scheme change re: DT/LB gap responsibilities that made the difference vs Peterson second half. Again you demonstrate you don’t know what you are seeing. 

In this one game against the Redskins, Vincent Taylor had almost as many solo tackles (3) as Star has all season (4). Taylor’s one TFL also exceeds Star’s 0.5 TFL on the season. I’d like to hear the Star apologists defend those numbers.

EDIT: before I’m told “it’s not Star’s job to make tackles” consider a true space eater like Ted Washington averaged close to 50 tackles per season which equates to 3 a game. 

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Deflection. You are parroting the line that they took Lotulelei out in the second half for Taylor when it was Oliver. It was scheme change re: DT/LB gap responsibilities that made the difference vs Peterson second half. Again you demonstrate you don’t know what you are seeing. 

Deflection my foot.  I'm not the one who's arguing that Star is critical for this defense, but J Phillips can be replaced by a JAG.

20 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Yeah, that's possible.  Jordan won't be thrilled with that though.  I think he probably is enjoying the notoriety he gets when he's able to cause disruption from the 3 tech spot.  Nose tackle is a pretty thankless job if you get your thrills from reading your stats.  He's done some of it and knows the drill though.  

if he could play both techs it would benefit the Bills as a team. and if Offenses get lazy could benefit him as well : )

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

That part of the business sucks, but he was struggling and I think needed more seasoning on the PS.

well said. simple and to the point.
Taylor was worth a shot for  sure.

not bad for a 6th rounder today

Just now, GG said:

Deflection my foot.  I'm not the one who's arguing that Star is critical for this defense, but J Phillips can be replaced by a JAG.

Yup. Deflection because you read that Lotulelei got taken off the field and repeated it w/out verifying the info for yourself. 

I have my own opinions, and they’re borne out by the tape. I’m pretty confident this week will be no different.

I don’t know how whole  bunch of you guys know all this stuff from watching on TV in real time with hardly any replays and with cameras that follow the ball and not the interior lineman?   You should all be on the sidelines running things.  

I liked that we adjusted in the second half and shut down the run.  We will need to continue that next week in Cleveland.  

I like that that we found another good player, that new DT from Miami via the PS made some nice plays. 

I like that we won. 

I don’t  have ave a clue as to how many plays each player had in what technique they played, or if we changed their assignments, or what the linebackers did better, or if anyone is playing hurt.