What's gone wrong with the team lately and this season in general despite 5-2

BillsBlue

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

and what if we don’t really see a “statement game”, but win 11 games And a Playoff Game? You won’t be satisfied? 

Then you’re welcome to jump off the bandwagon.

Can you at least use a shoehorn if you are going to shove words in my mouth like that? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I was concerned with the run defense again. It definately needs attention before we have a repeat of the recent past. The Eagles are a good team, and they were able to exploit a few weaknesses. It is good to find these things out now so they can be corrected.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I think the game plan since preseason has been the failure here. They are attempting to morph into a deadly passing team and sadly for all of us Allen is not ready. I thought based on free agency and the draft this was going to be a power run season where the offensive line gets to maul opponents with pure power and we mix in a little play action, deep shots and Allen runs. Instead we’re chucking the ball all over the field, which is awesome but it’s not working. Time to slow the game down on offense, stop making silly penalties, control the clock, play smart football and let the defense stay fresh. Just my 2cents 

THIS is exactly correct IMO also:  Buffalo is a poor passing team that INSISTS on throwing the ball anyway.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/situational-run-pass-ratios--off-.html

Here's your analytics Buffalo!

Bills have an extremely high success rate running the ball.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Our consistent weakness throughout the season has been our passing game.

We invested heavily in receivers and linemen and retooled at running back, and the results haven't been what they need to be. 

Maybe we should go get Winston, the guy you would have traded an entire draft for.

2 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

I hate to break up the love-fest here, but what do EITHER of you guys think about running the ball more?

We should be running the ball as much as San Francisco, and mostly throwing the ball off play action. 

Singletary should be getting 18-20 touches a game, with Gore sprinkled in for 12-15 touches and Allen running 3-5 times. 

That should limit Allen to around 30 passes a week, which I think would make the offense better overall. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Whoopty-doo.  The Bills run game is good against bottom feeders, but it's not all that good against respectable, middle of the pack teams like the Eagles, and lousy against serious defenses.

The Bills didn't lose by a FG to a great team.  They got drubbed and exposed by a decent Eagles team, not a Super Bowl contending Eagles team, losing by 18 points.

Gore had 17 carries for 109 yards against the Pats.... 

25 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

THIS is exactly correct IMO also:  Buffalo is a poor passing team that INSISTS on throwing the ball anyway.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/situational-run-pass-ratios--off-.html

Here's your analytics Buffalo!

Bills have an extremely high success rate running the ball.

I can't help but get the feeling that for the coaching staff, this is about figuring out if he can be an NFL QB. 

1 hour ago, Mojo44 said:

The Bills are 5-2 and you’re talking about “failure”? ............way too much anxious ruminating on this board. ?

5-2 yes but who have they beat? Possibly their best game was a loss. This defense is overrated and I've said that all along not just after this past game. Offensively they're average at best.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

and what if we don’t really see a “statement game”, but win 11 games And a Playoff Game? You won’t be satisfied? 

Then you’re welcome to jump off the bandwagon.

I would say winning a playoff game counts as a statement win. There’s no viable manner in which someone could argue a playoff win on the road doesn’t fit. 

• Like (+1) 1

Unlikely to see the degree of turnover the OP suggests.  Next season, there will inevitably be players playing in positions that will frustrate fans.  We'll talk about getting two new tackles but will end up getting one that is better and hope that is enough to stabilize the line.  We'll want Ford out of the RT position but they'll either see progression or move him to guard and we'll hope they are correct.  No way you blow up the roster at this point.  It's continual incremental improvement at this point.  Add an impactful RT, WR, and DE and you've got a substantially better team IMO. 

19 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We should be running the ball as much as San Francisco, and mostly throwing the ball off play action. 

Singletary should be getting 18-20 touches a game, with Gore sprinkled in for 12-15 touches and Allen running 3-5 times. 

That should limit Allen to around 30 passes a week, which I think would make the offense better overall. 

I think you're right: Memo Dabol plz.  I would like to see more like 25 attempts from Allen.

They are going to HAVE to take this approach if they want to be beat Dallas or Baltimore.

I agree with points 3, 5 and maybe 7, but it drives me crazy when people use analysis calling for a Julio Jones "type" or a CJ Moseley "type" as if these people aren't singular world class athletes but are made in a mold somewhere.

Edited by Etsh
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Thanks for continuing to contribute nothing to the conversation. 

47 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Thanks for continuing to contribute nothing to the conversation. 

I did above.  But you continue to keep trying to come off as an expert when your Winston stance argues otherwise.