The Babylon Bee, America's Newspaper

3rdnlng

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not "offended" by the Babylon Bee. It is just consistently unfunny. I mean, just a pale imitation of peak Onion.

The only thing funny from the Onion was their sports stuff.

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

The only thing funny from the Onion was their sports stuff.

This one drove a now-exiled poster into a he-doth-protesteth-too-much rage:

https://www.theonion.com/man-knows-unsettling-amount-about-nationwide-age-of-con-1819565878

We have some current posters who similarly know an unsettling amount about various practices of the fringiest parts of the LGBT community.

The power to throw a nutcase into a rage is usually a sign that the humor is on point ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This one drove a now-exiled poster into a he-doth-protesteth-too-much rage:

https://www.theonion.com/man-knows-unsettling-amount-about-nationwide-age-of-con-1819565878

We have some current posters who similarly know an unsettling amount about various practices of the fringiest parts of the LGBT community.

The power to throw a nutcase into a rage is usually a sign that the humor is on point ...

The same applies to those who don't find the Babylon Bee funny.

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not "offended" by the Babylon Bee. It is just consistently unfunny. I mean, just a pale imitation of peak Onion.

I happen to enjoy both the Bee AND the Onion (at least back in the day).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

C'mon msn, the Bee has made me laugh more than once.

I know some folks read Ann Althouse's blog - retired law professor. I remember her saying the same thing about the BB - she just doesn't find it funny, even when it is attempting to skewer something she thinks deserves to be skewered. Maybe a little too obvious?

That was what (used to be) fun about The Onion. Here is one that keeps coming to mind whenever I see one of those "first ever disabled gender neutral to do [blank] stories:

https://www.theonion.com/area-teen-quickly-running-out-of-chances-to-be-first-op-1819575437

Maybe it's the longer format rather than the Twitter-friendly headline only? Or just more clever writers.

• 4 weeks later...

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In an unexpected turn of events, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has rocketed to the top of polls for the 2024 Democratic Party nomination for president after suffering what appeared to be a stroke in the middle of a press conference yesterday.

"We all know Democrat voters love impaired candidates," said pollster Frank Luntz. "Joe Biden, John Fetterman, and Diane Feinstein are all beloved among Democrat voters. It makes sense that they would flock toward Senator McConnell after his unexplained episode. With this latest health scare, he's the ideal Democratic candidate."

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Jesus, are you ***** stupid
It is both the extreme droughts and the extreme weather that is not normally seeing that I actually lays the foundation for climate change

As a courtesy to everyone here other than Tiberius, will you please proofread before hitting “submit reply”? It’s getting painful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It is both the extreme droughts and the extreme weather that is not normally seeing that I actually lays the foundation for climate change

Your idiocy shines through in every post. Remarkable consistency. 

But again repetitive, consistent idiocy is not going to get you court jester.

I'm sorry, billstool still has miles on you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Your idiocy shines through in every post. Remarkable consistency. 

But again repetitive, consistent idiocy is not going to get you court jester.

I'm sorry, billstool still has miles on you. 

Keep quoting a right wing, satire rag and thinking that it makes you look smart

It doesn’t

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It doesn’t

It says absolutely nothing about me and everything about you.

Let's revisit your unhinged rant to a "satire rag" post

:lol:

It is both the extreme droughts and the extreme weather that is not normally seeing that I actually lays the foundation for climate change

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/22/2023 at 2:02 AM, John from Riverside said:

It doesn’t

their schtick is not about making people look smart- they incessantly mock the obvious stupidity, ignorance and incompetence of the obsequious programed lefty mind. 

it’s notable because they counter all of pop culture that is deathly afraid to speak out against that side. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

their schtick is not about making people look smart- they incessantly mock the obvious stupidity, ignorance and incompetence of the obsequious programed lefty mind. 

it’s notable because they counter all of pop culture that is deathly afraid to speak out against that side. 

Well, yeah.

But don't expect a mouth breather like JFR to understand. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

You quote this rag far too much not to believe it

They could tell you anything, and you would eat it up gerbil

That's right moron...

The fact that a satire account triggers you so badly only bolsters its credibility.

Maybe you do have a court jester run in you after all...

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Orange I don’t even know why you’re disputing this. When was the last time you saw a category one hurricane, and one part of our state and out of control forest fires in the other

I don’t think it’s ever happened before

In Cali.  Give it a week.