Around the NFL: Week 6 Sunday Game Thread

I had a weird thought watching the Texans-Chiefs game. I think its very possible that Patrick Mahomes has a career trajectory much like Dan Marino. He will break all kinds of records, go down as one of the NFL's best of all time but a lack of running game and defense will continue to haunt him much like it did Marino. Make it deep in the playoffs every year only to be beaten by a more complete football team.

Just now, SCBills said:

KC looks soft as hell. 

No running game and a garbage defense.  

Mahomes is good but doesn’t look very effective when the screen game is shut down and WRs aren’t running wide open. 

Agreed

KC is a soft finesse team that will make several huge plays a game followed by nothing

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Texans - Chiefs is the game of the day

Watching these two battle it out still makes my stomach hurt. I know JA's developing and COULD become nearly or as good as one of em, but man, seeing Watson go toe-to-toe with Mahomes still makes me wish the Bills would've drafted him. Maybe we'll make it to the playoffs and get to see Josh go head-to-head and prove me wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RunninRebel37 said:

Watching these two battle it out still makes my stomach hurt. I know JA's developing and COULD become nearly or as good as one of em, but man, seeing Watson go toe-to-toe with Mahomes still makes me wish the Bills would've drafted him. Maybe we'll make it to the playoffs and get to see Josh go head-to-head and prove me wrong. 

And this is why people want to see mahomes fail.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RunninRebel37 said:

That is how I feel. I feel good about where Josh is. But I'd swap it all for one of these two. Doesn't mean I hate Josh. I think Josh can be really good. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I had a weird thought watching the Texans-Chiefs game. I think its very possible that Patrick Mahomes has a career trajectory much like Dan Marino. He will break all kinds of records, go down as one of the NFL's best of all time but a lack of running game and defense will continue to haunt him much like it did Marino. Make it deep in the playoffs every year only to be beaten by a more complete football team.

He will probably get a huge contract too making it harder to build a defense.

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I think if you read that sentence in the context of the full post, it reads as though you're drawing a generic principle from specific examples.  

If you think otherwise, you should try posting in whatever your native language is.

?. God you Americans struggle with some basics. 

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If Chiefs lose in first round of playoffs against, do you fire Andy Reid? 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And this is why people want to see mahomes fail.

I don’t know about that. Anyway, contrary to popular belief , the Bills might actually be a better situation for Mahomes long term. It’s only been one year, but if he actually had a defense to rely on....

IMO, Mahomes gets hated on because he makes a couple highlight reel plays per game, but the bulk of his yards come off screens and jump balls to his All-League weapons. 

Media incessantly shows his highlights and gargles his stats. 

• Like (+1) 1