Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

NFL analyst predicts Buffalo Bills will play New England Patriots in AFC Championship Game

Recommended Posts

A few NFL analysts and hosts are already on the Buffalo Bills bandwagon.

Adam Schein predicted in the offseason that the Bills were playoff bound. NFL Network’s Michael Robinson took it one step further by predicting that the Bills would win the AFC East this season. It appears that Schein and Robinson are going to have to make room on the Bills bandwagon for NFL Network analyst and former Pro Bowl defensive back DeAngelo Hall.

 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/10/nfl-analyst-predicts-buffalo-bills-will-play-new-england-patriots-in-afc-championship-game.html

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole scenario is likely not even possible. They Very likely playoff seeding will have Buffalo as 5th seed and NE 1st. KC probably 2nd seed. For Buffalo to get through the Wildcard they would have to beat the 4th Seed, toss up between West and South right now. That would make Buffalo the lowest ranking seed to make the second round unless the 6th seed pulls off an upset and wins too. NE by default plays the lowest remaining seed in round 2, which if my scenario plays out would be Buffalo. So AFC Championship would not include Bills and Patriots, Divisional round is much more likely at this point. Even if Buffalo Finished 1st and NE 5th. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't care what they think when it's good. Don't care what they think when it's bad. Just win the games. But to each their own.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is sorta funny because earlier this year he totally scoffed at robinsons notion they could challenged in the AFC. 

13 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

This whole scenario is likely not even possible. They Very likely playoff seeding will have Buffalo as 5th seed and NE 1st. KC probably 2nd seed. For Buffalo to get through the Wildcard they would have to beat the 4th Seed, toss up between West and South right now. That would make Buffalo the lowest ranking seed to make the second round unless the 6th seed pulls off an upset and wins too. NE by default plays the lowest remaining seed in round 2, which if my scenario plays out would be Buffalo. So AFC Championship would not include Bills and Patriots, Divisional round is much more likely at this point. Even if Buffalo Finished 1st and NE 5th. 

It’s very possible. Plenty of 6 seeds have beat 3’s. 

 

Just last year the the eagles as a 6 beat the Bears. It not some super rare deal 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is sorta funny because earlier this year he totally scoffed at robinsons notion they could challenged in the AFC. 

It’s very possible. Plenty of 6 seeds have beat 3’s. 

 

Just last year the the eagles as a 6 beat the Bears. It not some super rare deal 

 

Hopefully Buffalo will be seed 1 and it wont matter. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Don't care what they think when it's good. Don't care what they think when it's bad. Just win the games. But to each their own.

Not saying that you do, but I have read quite a few posts about the national attention the Bills are getting, and how they would prefer that they didn't get it. I see the attention as a good thing. They are being recognized for their accomplishments, albeit 5 games worth. However, if the 5 games are enough to raise eyebrows and make analysts take notice, then they must be doing something right and are being viewed as a team that can keep it going. I say bring on the attention as it likely means that they are still riding high. I believe that it also aids in building up the momentum for the team. I think it's awesome and I love reading all the different stories and articles on the national level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FLbills said:

Not saying that you do, but I have read quite a few posts about the national attention the Bills are getting, and how they would prefer that they didn't get it. I see the attention as a good thing. They are being recognized for their accomplishments, albeit 5 games worth. However, if the 5 games are enough to raise eyebrows and make analysts take notice, then they must be doing something right and are being viewed as a team that can keep it going. I say bring on the attention as it likely means that they are still riding high. I believe that it also aids in building up the momentum for the team. I think it's awesome and I love reading all the different stories and articles on the national level. 

I'm certainly not knocking anyone who enjoys positive or even negative press. I used to get a thrill out of so and so recognizing something or other that the Bills were doing well. At this point, I've just lost interest because I don't think they know much more than the average fan.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm certainly not knocking anyone who enjoys positive or even negative press. I used to get a thrill out of so and so recognizing something or other that the Bills were doing well. At this point, I've just lost interest because I don't think they know much more than the average fan.

 

23 minutes ago, FLbills said:

Not saying that you do, but I have read quite a few posts about the national attention the Bills are getting, and how they would prefer that they didn't get it. I see the attention as a good thing. They are being recognized for their accomplishments, albeit 5 games worth. However, if the 5 games are enough to raise eyebrows and make analysts take notice, then they must be doing something right and are being viewed as a team that can keep it going. I say bring on the attention as it likely means that they are still riding high. I believe that it also aids in building up the momentum for the team. I think it's awesome and I love reading all the different stories and articles on the national level. 

@LSHMEABAs a fan, for me anyways, it adds to the experience to see good things on the TV about our squad. Who wouldn’t wanna see good pub on their squad? I’ll take all the coverage I can get... that said, I agree you need to take it lightly. No point in getting too high or too low with it. Just enjoy the ride. 

 

I agree, @FLbills ... there was a thread started the other day about not wanting the coverage. Uhhhhh no thanks. I’ll take the hype! When a small market squad starts getting media hype it’s because they’ve finally EARNED it. Screw the “under the radar” BS. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is sorta funny because earlier this year he totally scoffed at robinsons notion they could challenged in the AFC. 

It’s very possible. Plenty of 6 seeds have beat 3’s. 

 

Just last year the the eagles as a 6 beat the Bears. It not some super rare deal 

 

And last year the #6 Colts beat the #3 Texans.  The year before, #6 Atlanta beat the Rams.  

 

In fact, going back 10 years (all I'm willing to do right now) the #3 seed beats the #6 11 out of 20 games.  Not only is it not rare, it's slightly more likely than not.  

  • Thanks! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Foxx said:

how fitting would it be if we played 'em in the AFCCG to prevent them from tying our record of straight SB appearances!

That would be epic on so many levels

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm certainly not knocking anyone who enjoys positive or even negative press. I used to get a thrill out of so and so recognizing something or other that the Bills were doing well. At this point, I've just lost interest because I don't think they know much more than the average fan.

It is obvious that the Bills appear to be ascending...just how far, no one knows yet for sure.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

It is obvious that the Bills appear to be ascending...just how far, no one knows yet for sure.

That was a HUGE win against the Titans for the trajectory of this season. Those are the games the Bills almost always lose. Things are definitely getting better.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thronethinker said:

This whole scenario is likely not even possible. They Very likely playoff seeding will have Buffalo as 5th seed and NE 1st. KC probably 2nd seed. For Buffalo to get through the Wildcard they would have to beat the 4th Seed, toss up between West and South right now. That would make Buffalo the lowest ranking seed to make the second round unless the 6th seed pulls off an upset and wins too. NE by default plays the lowest remaining seed in round 2, which if my scenario plays out would be Buffalo. So AFC Championship would not include Bills and Patriots, Divisional round is much more likely at this point. Even if Buffalo Finished 1st and NE 5th. 

 

 

They key is if buffalo wins the division...which is possible.

 

AFC championship is likely 2 of buffalo/New England/ Kansas city

 

new England 2 non common games look to be harder at Houston, and host KC vs buff win at tennis and host Denver.

 

week 16 game could be winner gets division title, likely bye, and either 1 or 2 seed. The loser like a 5seedand likrly winn at4 seed thrn have to p,ayatollah  afc east winner or KC and then play the other in afc championship game.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That was a HUGE win against the Titans for the trajectory of this season. Those are the games the Bills almost always lose. Things are definitely getting better.

Yes. It was a very important bounce back win from a very tough loss. Yeah, not long ago, the Bills would have imploded. Instead, they did what good teams do. Dust off, take notes and move on.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what that would be like?  Something Boston fans can relate to.  The Red Sox finally slaying their Yankees demons, coming back in 2004, and winning their first title.  Oh, and changing the entire narrative in the process.

 

After the last 20 years, I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole of Bills nation eagerly awaits the outcome, some of us with our fingers crossed 🤞 Cinderella story, I won’t let my mind go there just yet... 😁

 

Go Bills!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

 

The loser like a 5seedand likrly winn at4 seed thrn have to p,ayatollah  afc east winner or KC and then play the other in afc championship game.

 

 

Hey - don’t bring his Holiness Ayatollah Khomeni into this!!!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thronethinker said:

This whole scenario is likely not even possible. They Very likely playoff seeding will have Buffalo as 5th seed and NE 1st. KC probably 2nd seed. For Buffalo to get through the Wildcard they would have to beat the 4th Seed, toss up between West and South right now. That would make Buffalo the lowest ranking seed to make the second round unless the 6th seed pulls off an upset and wins too. NE by default plays the lowest remaining seed in round 2, which if my scenario plays out would be Buffalo. So AFC Championship would not include Bills and Patriots, Divisional round is much more likely at this point. Even if Buffalo Finished 1st and NE 5th. 

You could've just said the Bills likely would have to beat KC in the Divisional round for it to even be possible.  I agree that it's highly unlikely to win twice on the road against division winners in the playoffs.  Anything's possible though.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

That was a HUGE win against the Titans for the trajectory of this season. Those are the games the Bills almost always lose. Things are definitely getting better.

Gigantic win.  Any win against an AFC team possibly in the playoff hunt is huge when it comes to tiebreakers.  It's still hilarious to me that we lost to the Chargers but won the tiebreaker against them to sneak in as the #6 seed in '17 because of some crazy three way tiebreaking scenario.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You could've just said the Bills likely would have to beat KC in the Divisional round for it to even be possible.  I agree that it's highly unlikely to win twice on the road against division winners in the playoffs.  Anything's possible though.

Gigantic win.  Any win against an AFC team possibly in the playoff hunt is huge when it comes to tiebreakers.  It's still hilarious to me that we lost to the Chargers but won the tiebreaker against them to sneak in as the #6 seed in '17 because of some crazy three way tiebreaking scenario.

Crazy quirk there with San Diego. Just bizarre. But it was nice to get the monkey off the back even if it didn't amount to much.

 

This was a conference game against a "decent" team that may or may not be in the WC hunt by the end of the season. You never know. I can think of several examples of very similar games off the top of my head. I think we all know how those games went in season's past.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...