Nick Easley signed to PS

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

They really don't seem to like Duke Williams.

I don’t think it has a thing to do with like.  I think there are things they like about him, such as his blocking and willingness to go up and fight for the ball.  If there weren’t, his practice squad slot would go to someone else.

I think he’s struggling a bit with route options in a more sophisticated playbook and he’s struggling a lot to get open against faster, more athletic DBs and especially, the Biggie: releasing off the line without the running start and with contact allowed for 5 yds. 

He’s kind of like Christian Wade, tons of physical talent but raw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

Why not have Duke and zay active? Keep foster inactive. I'm in the minority thinking zay can still be good, but I definitely wanna see some Duke this Sunday 

I’m one who hasn’t “gotten” the Zay hate - I don’t blame him for being over-drafted at the behest of his college WR coach (then Bills WR coach).  It’s just not his fault.

Some of the stuff people say about him is just over-the-top bad takes.  If he were a scrap heap guy who could be replaced by any street FA he wouldn’t be on the team.  He’s not a star or a #1 guy but he does a number of things WR need to do and does them solidly.   He fills a WR role, and while I’d like an upgrade, that guy is not on the roster at present.

I also “get it” that he played tough through injury his rookie season and through changes in WR coach, OC, and system - those don’t help any skill player, and some guys are more impacted by it than others.

My major Zay concern has been lack of focus/lack of some indefineable trait I’ll call “clutch”.  Too many catchable balls in the red zone go missing.  But this last game....I’m starting to be concerned that his heart just isn’t enough in the game.

The other concern I have is how he’s being used.  He is NOT a deep threat guy.  He doesn’t have that silky-smooth quick release that John Brown can show.  He is not fleet of foot, he is not agile enough to adjust and contest for a closely thrown ball, and he doesn’t have an “afterburner” to turn on when the ball is overthrown to him.  I would love to know what’s going on with Foster and McKensie, guys who actually have deep speed and a second gear.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did McD say anything about the block on Jones that Cole Beasley whiffed on?  I mean, c’mon man, at least chip him

That was BAD. Beasley is my guy, but it was a crucial whiff. Didn't see it mentioned anywhere else, but I certainly noticed it as well.

4 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yet another Smurf. Do McBeane have a Napolean Complex?

Now you’ve got me wondering if the Bills should invite Deputy A for a walk on tryout as WR.  ?  Probably see him contest with an opposing DB to break up a potential interception, as opposed to some current staffers.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013