Offensive tackle = biggest need

NewEra

14 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

What about a game changing DE.  New England Oline had multiple back up starting and yet we never got a significant hit on Brady

Because Brady throws the ball away when he sees pressure coming and doesn’t force plays.

• Like (+1) 1

Was begging for Trent Williams in August.  

Let's get this done tomorrow please because the Redskins need to change the attention from how awful they are by adding a draft pick for a guy they know isn't playing for them again. 

They can have Zay Jones and a 2nd.   

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wait, didn't we just trade up to draft one in the second round?

Wait.  Don’t you have eyes?  We drafted a guard.  And that’s fine as long as he progresses.  He certainly doesn’t look like a tackle

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Spain is our best lineman and has been 3 weeks in a row now. Then Morse. Feliciano has been serviceable. 

The tackle play from all 3 - Dawkins, Nsekhe and Ford has been brutal. 

So you think we should pay spain this offseason, start him and Feliciano while Ford rots away?

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Spain is our best lineman and has been 3 weeks in a row now. Then Morse. Feliciano has been serviceable. 

The tackle play from all 3 - Dawkins, Nsekhe and Ford has been brutal. 

So you think we should pay spain this offseason, start him and Feliciano while Ford rots away?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Wait.  Don’t you have eyes?  We drafted a guard.  And that’s fine as long as he progresses.  He certainly doesn’t look like a tackle

I really hope we didn’t think we were drafting a guard with the 38th pick in the draft.

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Duke def outplayed Zay in the pre-season therefore I would love to see him now when the games actually count. Duke got some strong hands and will fight for the ball. He might of made a difference on the int where Zay gave up on the play.

I mean did Zay even play in the pre-season.  As little as any of the starters  played, don't recall seeing him much which don't mean that in a negative way as hardly any starters play in the pre-season anymore league wide.

As far as Duke outplaying him, most of Dukes playing time was against other players who also aren't even on an NFL roster today either.

I do agree with the thread though, the biggest issue seems to be line play, don't worry about the WR

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Dawkins is holding an aweful lot

Spain might NOT be a one and done.....he is playing pretty well and even though we are rich at OG we might keep him....no reason to let talent get away

RT is def a need...I thought Ngseki would be better

Dawkins holds a lot because he gets beat a lot.

Why not try Nsekhe at LT?  He filled in for Trent Williams in Washington and did well.  Not sure if Nsekhe looked bad in camp and/or got beat out by Dawkins, or the offensive coaches just favored Dawkins.  Might be time to revisit that decision.

• Like (+1) 1

both tackles are below average  QB holding the ball too long is making it even more visible  No way they pay Dawkins he is mediocre at best if not a below average LT   Probably spend in free agency next year they certainly have enough cap space.  Ford is looking like a bust so far but its too early to tell

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, mannc said:

I really hope we didn’t think we were drafting a guard with the 38th pick in the draft.

You can’t be serious.  If you are, I think you should put more stock into building the OL.  Drafting a guard in rd 2 isn’t a stretch.  Especially one that had a first rd grade according to many.

Are you saying that Beane sucks?  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You can’t be serious.  If you are, I think you should put more stock into building the OL.  Drafting a guard in rd 2 isn’t a stretch.  Especially one that had a first rd grade according to many.

Are you saying that Beane sucks?  

He was a tackle at Okla.  they did not draft him to play guard.  There were outstanding WR prospects available who they passed.  I’m not sold on Beane’s ability to draft offensive players.   Is that heresy?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

He was a tackle at Okla.  they did not draft him to play guard.  There were outstanding WR prospects available who they passed.  I’m not sold on Beane’s ability to draft offensive players.   Is that heresy?

You doubt his ability to draft offensive players?  Based on what’s.

I’m pretty happy with Singletary and Knox in round 3.  I’m happy with Allen.  

Mccloud and Proehl were busts.  Of course they were busts.  Most 7th rd picks are.  

Teller in the 5th is a fine pick.  He was traded. 

That’s every offensive player he’s drafted 

Not great play to date, but too soon for me to worry. I trust the FO to take the next step forward. We’ll deal with what we have for now, and hope they can gel. Remember, these guys have only played 4 games together, so I hope it keeps improving. 

3 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

I agree, Hughes have been doing the same move for three years, getting kinda old.

The defense wasn’t the reason they lost today. It was the offense with poor blocking on the edges, not having a legit number 1 wideout to throw to which lead to coverage sacks. And the punter. Can the Bills really not find anyone better than him?

• Like (+1) 1