Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

They wouldn't need a independent consultant if all there was to it is reading the results of the testing. 

ahhhh but they do why?  Hmmm maybe to ensure this conspiracy theory you are trying to pitch doesn’t exist. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

ahhhh but they do why?  Hmmm maybe to ensure this conspiracy theory you are trying to pitch doesn’t exist. 

So you think just because someone is not affiliated with any team, that said person is going to be immune to taking large sums of money to do what's in a team's best interest?

I know he is cleared. But we're talking brain here, not a broken finger or bone. IMO it would make sense to make in active as the #2 QB, With the bye week and QBs not getting hit in practice, that would be 3 full weeks of recovery if Barkley finishes the game. Think long term here, not just this week!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Plausible deniability comes to mind. NFL wanting to avoid potential lawsuits. Not hard to see,

As I said twice now, could be on the up and up, but your blind faith in the NFL being good guys out for what's best for the players seems naive to me.

Im probably wrong, but seems to me the NFL has a list of Independant Drs that get paid by the league for making evaluations. kinda like my insurance, a list of "in network" Doctors available, providing a range of specific expertise. Depending upon location, timing, and availability a DR gets the call to go to work. They get paid by the league, and team doctors paid by the team. 

As I understand it the INC evaluates the injured player after participation in the first practice back in addition to reviewing whatever diagnostics performed by the team, including baseline measurements. In the case of QBs who typically aren’t taking hits at practice, how do they know whether the injured player is fully recovered? Do they put QBs through some special set of drills (e.g. practicing ball security while taking sacks) that they wouldn’t normally do in order to simulate contact? I feel like it would be a lot easier to game the system with a QB than say a LBer. 

Anyways, glad Josh got through it. If nothing else this means he isn’t experiencing headaches or other concussion symptoms anymore. Hopefully he’s able to bounce back from his performance last week.

Edited by VW82

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So you think just because someone is not affiliated with any team, that said person is going to be immune to taking large sums of money to do what's in a team's best interest?

it'd be in Tennessee's best interest if JA don't play. so where do you discern who's interests a DR is protecting?

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

proof. Or do we just make up outrageous conspiracy claims. Then again the President does so I guess that means everyone can 

Isn't it pretty clear that refs are on the take?  Why would doctors not be on the take, too?

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Isn't it pretty clear that refs are on the take?  Why would doctors not be on the take, too?

they have cleared several players recently who clearly were not of remotely working mind

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

so You stance is. 

man Independent Neurologist that is approved by the NFLPA and assigned to a team will risk everything to take 100Gs in a Duffel Bag

Given to him from a team that preaches family and culture at every turn. And from an Ownership group that invested MILLIONS into the health of their players only to Risk their QBs long term viability and health to Pay off an Independent Neurologist for a Tennessee Titian game. 

that is what you are going with?

Well ... yeah.

And so I'm clear ... you think that, simply because McDermott is a holy roller, that he's above paying a doctor to clear his QB?  Because men of faith have historically been on the up and up in every way, shape and form.  Right?

Is that what you're going with?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBob said:

No politics allowed on the Wall. There is a different board for that. 

calling out BS isn’t politics sorry

Just now, Gugny said:

There's no need to raise your font.

it is Ok. Maybe sometime you will get your wish and see Barkley play again. Not this week. 

Edited by MAJBobby