Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Of course the Bills team doctors are gonna clear him.  I hope he's really okay.

I think it's safe to say with all three of them clearing this morning that the Bills doctor was the one holding off on their diagnosis and not the INC. 

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Whatever makes you sleep at night.

so these Independent Neurologist are going to risk their livelihood and careers to clear a player that isn’t ready just because a Team Dr says too. Comeon 

On 10/2/2019 at 5:33 AM, VW82 said:

The thing with concussions is you never really know. Josh can get cleared by the best neurologists on the planet. It's still an educated guess. Like I said, there's also the added benefit of letting him watch and learn for a week. That was a brutal performance on Sunday and he's struggled at times in the other games too. Maybe sitting out a week will help him learn that every possession counts.  

On 10/2/2019 at 9:17 AM, jkeerie said:

At the very least...assuming Allen is cleared to play late in the week, I would expect Barkley to start and Josh to be the backup.

McDermott disagrees.

37 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

so these Independent Neurologist are going to risk their livelihood and careers to clear a player that isn’t ready just because a Team Dr says too. Comeon 

This Independent Neurologist is paid by whom?  None of us know the details, but never ever underestimate the greed of the NFL or the GM and HC need to win now at all costs.

48 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

INDEPENDENT Neurologist 

Paid by whom?

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

This Independent Neurologist is paid by whom?  None of us know the details, but never ever underestimate the greed of the NFL or the GM and HC need to win now at all costs.

Paid by whom?

so you are an independent Dr. you want to lose your license and practice?

40 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Everything seems so shaky about concussions that I wouldn’t conclude anything can be certain except when someone is deemed in critically bad condition and cannot play.

Players have been cleared and sent back out in recent NFL playoff games where they almost went to the wrong huddle.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

so you are an independent Dr. you want to lose your license and practice?

How would he lose his license?  You can't prove malpractice in a case like this.  It's not like he prescribed the wrong medication.

It could all be on the up and up.  We don't know either way.  But there is a lot of money and high paying jobs on the line.  That usually plays a part in decisions is all I'm saying.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CodeMonkey said:

How would he lose his license?  You can't prove malpractice in a case like this.  It's not like he prescribed the wrong medication.

It could all be on the up and up.  We don't know either way.  But there is a lot of money and high paying jobs on the line.  That usually plays a part in decisions is all I'm saying.

So desperate to have Josh not play. This is sad.

44 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

But.. but.. what if that neurologist is rabid lunatic Bills fan? It could happen.      /justkidding

1 minute ago, CodeMonkey said:

Absolutely can prove if a player passes his Neurological Baseline Testing. Paperwork. No Independent Neurologist under a consultant contract is going to risk his or her reputation, or practice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Absolutely can prove if a player passes his Neurological Baseline Testing. Paperwork. No Independent Neurologist under a consultant contract is going to risk his or her reputation, or practice. 

They wouldn't need a independent consultant if all there was to it is reading the results of the testing. 

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

McDermott disagrees.

Operative phrase:  "At the very least"  Meaning that would have been the worst case decision if Josh was cleared late.  Best case...He starts!  I'm happy with McD's decision.