Sal Capaccio Scolds Howard Simon For “Conceding Victory” to NE!!!

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Adding more context shouldn't provide encouragement:

1. The Pats had just 3 wins and 5 losses on the road last season.

2. The 19 point win over Buffalo was their largest margin of victory on the road in 2018. ( Do the Jets win the moral victory championship by keeping their loss to the Pats to 14?)

3. Teams that Buffalo would later beat(Detroit and Jacksonville) knocked off the Pats by 2 score margins!

Yeah after the Pats had 3 unanswered scoring drives in the first half the Bills managed to kick a couple 50 yarders keep the score close for a quarter and a half............but the Bills had virtually no chance of altering the game with an offensive TD the way they were playing..........I think the offense moved the ball over the 50 yard line ONCE.

And in the end they once again got housed by 3 scores by a VERY vulnerable Patriots team.

And I don't want to hear about Derek Anderson...........who's fault was it that he was there?   Would Allen or Peterman have fared better at that point?   Anderson threw for 290 yards he didn't single handedly hinder them.

People try to make "excuses" out of "reasons" for this regime...........and it's entirely unnecessary..........they own every bit of what they've done and continue to do and so far that's a resounding 0-4 against the Pats.    

Typical shift of the goal posts.  Who's arguing why Anderson was the QB or that Peterman was the backup?   That's an acknowledged misfire by the coaching staff and FO.  

How's this for a discussion, if nothing else changed in last year's game at New Era, except that Bills had Stafford as QB instead of Anderson, do you think that the Bills lose?

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still think they are better - yes. I give the Bills a better shot this year but I am buying the Patriots defense. I think it is really good. I am not gonna expect them to beat the Pats until they show me they can

I actually know that YOU get it but your speech is subjective enough that some of our residents can hit that same slippery slope like a greased pig and start pointing to players that McBeane hand selected as the reason they lost without mention of why those duds were there in the first place.:lol:

Edited by BADOLBILZ

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Typical shift of the goal posts.  Who's arguing why Anderson was the QB or that Peterman was the backup?   That's an acknowledged misfire by the coaching staff and FO.  

How's this for a discussion, if nothing else changed in last year's game at New Era, except that Bills had Stafford as QB instead of Anderson, do you think that the Bills lose?

You asked for context and I gave it to you.

Substitute Mahomes or Watson for Stafford and it becomes a discussion that's part of the McDermott regime decision equation...........otherwise it's nonsense.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You asked for context and I gave it to you.

Substitute Mahomes or Watson for Stafford and it becomes a discussion that's part of the McDermott regime decision equation...........otherwise it's nonsense.  

You're the best at creating strawmen.   This is not a litigation of the 2017 draft.

The context was "Bills would have won that game with half-way competent QB play" Thus, if you insert any competent QB in that game, then Bills would have won. 

So the question is, will Josh Allen provide half-way competent play this year, knowing that is what was missing from the 2 games last year.

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But they also played the 3 worst teams in the NFL. They have yet to play a team at the Bills level. But Simon, along with many here, are willing to roll over without a fight. You know what the Patriots record is against this 2019 Bills team? 0-0! 

Sounds like you’re one of the ones that doesn’t get nuance. Holy crap people they have a chance to win, yes, are the odds in their favor, no. The patriots have been to how many playoffs in the last twenty years? How many have the bills been too? They are good for a reason, the fact that you can’t even acknowledge that they are the superior team says a lot. 

SO surprised that the cheerios urinators are out in full force in this thread. There's been entirely too much fun had by fans this year. YOU SHOULD ALL CONTAIN YOUR ENTHUSIASM.

38 minutes ago, Peevo said:

I appreciate the positivity.  It's admirable in these bleak times.  I really mean that.

Starting 3-0 is bleak times?

Crime in Italy, man, grow a pair.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

SO surprised that the cheerios urinators are out in full force in this thread. There's been entirely too much fun had by fans this year. YOU SHOULD ALL CONTAIN YOUR ENTHUSIASM.

Starting 3-0 is bleak times?

Crime in Italy, man, grow a pair.

I meant like, in our actual world at large.

3-0 is fun or whatever.

Just beat Tennessee and 4-1 at the bye. 

39 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Sounds like you’re one of the ones that doesn’t get nuance. Holy crap people they have a chance to win, yes, are the odds in their favor, no. The patriots have been to how many playoffs in the last twenty years? How many have the bills been too? They are good for a reason, the fact that you can’t even acknowledge that they are the superior team says a lot. 

Here I am pointing out this Bills team is not the team of the past 20 years...and you bring up the last 20 years. :doh: 

48 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Sal is kind of annoying tbh.

Not as annoying at as the TSWPC.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Here I am pointing out this Bills team is not the team of the past 20 years...and you bring up the last 20 years. :doh: 

Not as annoying at as the TSWPC.

They are a historically great team that will continue to be historically great until Tom Brady says I’m done. All stats point to this. So you really want to go down the same road I’ve heard from ignorant fans for the past ten years saying o this year will be different because this is the year the patriots will suck lol 

4 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Sal sucks at his job but he's a fan that gets paid to talk about the team he loves so good for him. Could live without updates on every time his kid has a bowel movement though. 

His daughter is adorable. 

17 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

They are a historically great team that will continue to be historically great until Tom Brady says I’m done. All stats point to this. So you really want to go down the same road I’ve heard from ignorant fans for the past ten years saying o this year will be different because this is the year the patriots will suck lol 

Never said they suck. I said the Bills can beat them. The Pats have not been tested this year. They get the benefit of being SB champs but they are beat up and Brady is older. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

LAMP Alert: I'm the guy who sent WGR the clips from this SNL skit they are using in his open.

Wow, all these comedy legends in one sketch, really drives home how pedestrian SNL has become.

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Never said they suck. I said the Bills can beat them. The Pats have not been tested this year. They get the benefit of being SB champs but they are beat up and Brady is older. 

I agree on offence. But that defense since about week 14 last year... man it has been good. It is the defense and not Brady I am scared of.

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Neither team has been tested. Its just the Bills offense has made more mistakes, but were good enough in the end to pull it out.

You can only play who's on your schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I swear. Most Bills fans are like whipped dogs.

What's funny and sad is I agree with you. I literally said "I'm broken" in an above post with ample evidence to support why.

It's curious people taking umbridge with my perspective aren't acknowledging the many hilarious and sad Bills failures against New England since high speed internet access.

Just now, Peevo said:

What's funny and sad is I agree with you. I literally said "I'm broken" in an above post with ample evidence to support why.

It's curious people taking umbridge with my perspective aren't acknowledging the many hilarious and sad Bills failures against New England since high speed internet access.

Hey, I hate the crappy history as much as anyone.

But I'm not going to let it define me. That ended about a decade ago.

Being forward-thinking and positive is a choice, just like being backward-looking and negative.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GG said:

You're the best at creating strawmen.   This is not a litigation of the 2017 draft.

The context was "Bills would have won that game with half-way competent QB play" Thus, if you insert any competent QB in that game, then Bills would have won. 

So the question is, will Josh Allen provide half-way competent play this year, knowing that is what was missing from the 2 games last year.

They CHOSE their 2018 QB situation out of a number of offseason/preseason options..........blew it..........and have since admitted that they botched it.

Your "what if McDermott had Matt Stafford or Ryan Tannehill or Blake Bortles" or whichever QB that beat the Patriots last year instead of Derek Anderson scenario is just utterly pointless.     They had who they had because they chose him.

You seem to think the equation is "choose bad players + lose = not your fault"............that's not the way it works.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hey, I hate the crappy history as much as anyone.

But I'm not going to let it define me. That ended about a decade ago.

Being forward-thinking and positive is a choice, just like being backward-looking and negative.

Sean McDermott is 0-4 against NE.  The closet margin of loss was 12 points in 4 games. 

What do you mean, "a decade ago?"

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

How can I get it in Florida? Does 1270 have an app or share one? It’s the only way I listen to GR. I hate the sports jocks, but it’s Buffalo..

Yes you can stream it at 1270 AM.  They also have a podcast you can subscribe to.  It gets published on the hour as it’s recorded

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They CHOSE their 2018 QB situation out of a number of offseason/preseason options..........blew it..........and have since admitted that they botched it.

Your "what if McDermott had Matt Stafford or Ryan Tannehill or Blake Bortles" or whichever QB that beat the Patriots last year instead of Derek Anderson scenario is just utterly pointless.     They had who they had because they chose him.

You seem to think the equation is "choose bad players + lose = not your fault"............that's not the way it works.

And you double down on the straw mansion.

But if we follow your rabbit hole, the you should be able to answer the question - "Are Josh Allen and the offense better than the version that the Bills trotted out on Oct 29, 2018?"

9 minutes ago, Peevo said:

Sean McDermott is 0-4 against NE.  The closet margin of loss was 12 points in 4 games. 

What do you mean, "a decade ago?"

I mean I made a conscious decision not to be miserable about the Bills a decade ago.

Too much other stuff to be miserable about in life.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I mean I made a conscious decision not to be miserable about the Bills a decade ago.

Too much other stuff to be miserable about in life.

That's fair.  It's just a game.  

But that's also all part of rationalizing the losing.  "Don't let it get to you", "expect disappointment, it's easier" etc.

Wouldn't we all be happier if they just won a few once in a while?

1 minute ago, Peevo said:

But that's also all part of rationalizing the losing.  "Don't let it get to you", "expect disappointment, it's easier" etc.

I have faith they're going to win a bunch more than they lose this year.

I called 10 before it was cool to call 10.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I have faith they're going to win a bunch more than they lose this year.

I called 10 before it was cool to call 10.

See this is why we all need to chill out a bit and listen to each other more (myself included).

10 wins would be their best season in 20 years.

The problem with the league, as I see it, is that NE has choked all of the fun out of the sport.

Almost all economists agree monopolies are bad for economies. Standard Oil was broken up. AT&T was broken up. Microsoft was broken up.

NE by all intents and purposes has a monopoly of winning in the NFL.  I dont see how long term this is healthy for the future of the sport.

Why invest yourself in ANY AFC team when the Pats waltz into the SuperBowl every year?

This is why I feel hopeless about it.  10 wins for the Bills would ultimately mean nothing in yet another Patriots championship season.

When will it end? 

2 minutes ago, Peevo said:

See this is why we all need to chill out a bit and listen to each other more (myself included).

The problem with the league, as I see it, is that NE has choked all of the fun out of the sport.

Almost all economists agree monopolies are bad for economies. Standard Oil was broken up. AT&T was broken up. Microsoft was broken up.

NE by all intents and purposes has a monopoly of winning in the NFL.  I dont see how long term this is healthy for the future of the sport.

Why invest yourself in ANY AFC team when the Pats waltz into the SuperBowl every year?

This is why I feel hopeless about it.  10 wins for the Bills would ultimately mean nothing in yet another Patriots championship season.

When will it end? 

When someone has balls enough to end brady's career.

And not one moment sooner.

And 10 wins would be ENORMOUS for this franchise.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

11 minutes ago, Peevo said:

They’ve won three games, there’s plenty to be happy about and I expect they’ll win a bunch more barring injuries. it’s just I think a lot of fans including myself are so over getting emotionally drained because we are playing the patriots(who should win the game) all I care about at this point is getting back to the playoffs and if you look at the bills schedule that road of getting there doesn’t have to be by beating the patriots. 

5 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

They’ve won three games, there’s plenty to be happy about and I expect they’ll win a bunch more barring injuries. it’s just I think a lot of fans including myself are so over getting emotionally drained because we are playing the patriots(who should win the game) all I care about at this point is getting back to the playoffs and if you look at the bills schedule that road of getting there doesn’t have to be by beating the patriots. 

I have no doubt Bills will make the playoffs. As long as they keep doing what theyre doing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

I have no doubt Bills will make the playoffs. As long as they keep doing what theyre doing.

Exactly it’s not why I’m sweating this game so much. If they lose by 20 I’m just going to tip my hat to the pats and move on to the next week without too much worry. I want to beat that team in the playoffs, if that means going 0-2 against them in the regular season then so be it. 

50 minutes ago, GG said:

And you double down on the straw mansion.

But if we follow your rabbit hole, the you should be able to answer the question - "Are Josh Allen and the offense better than the version that the Bills trotted out on Oct 29, 2018?"

Gerry your arguments are tired........and you've turned to mis-using catch terms and phrases as a defense.

You don't even understand what a "straw man" argument is and you've come to confuse you being proven wrong with "goal posts being moved".

McDermott is a hard-earned 0-4 versus the Patriots.  

55 minutes ago, Peevo said:

When will it end? 

It will end not when Brady retires, IMO, but when Bill Belichick retires.

I have been wondering if BB will choose to call it a career when Brady does for a long time.  

Not sure he would want to continue with another QB; he's too much of a perfectionist and what he has with Brady is pretty much perfect.  

If BB continues, he'll need to find a good QB obviously, but he'll be able to do it and the machine will keep running down the tracks, maybe at slightly reduced speed.

He's 67 now and Brady wants to keep going several more years.  

Let's hope they both step down together.

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Gerry your arguments are tired........and you've turned to mis-using catch terms and phrases as a defense.

You don't even understand what a "straw man" argument is and you've come to confuse you being proven wrong with "goal posts being moved".

McDermott is a hard-earned 0-4 versus the Patriots.  

You declared that the Bills under McDermott are 0-4, as if that makes him a worse coach than Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron, Chan, Ryan or Marrone.  When it was pointed out that those 4 games were much closer than the score would indicate, you moved the goal posts to talk about how they were dominated in at least one phase of the game and how other teams were able to beat the Pats*.  When the sad state of Bills' QB'ing was brought up as the primary reason for the '18 losses, you fell back on your strawman about the 2017 draft.

So, please tell me how the terms were misused?  

Shall we discuss the meaning of thin-skinned next?