Sal Capaccio Scolds Howard Simon For “Conceding Victory” to NE!!!

Buffalo is a home underdog against NE for  reason.  Brady is 30-3 as a starter and one of those losses was a week 17 game in NE where the Pats had already secured home field advantage and Brady didn't play at all in the second half and Orton was our starter.  I know because I was at that game.

I hope we win but in my weekly pick-em league I picked NE because of the obvious.

20 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Sal is an inarticulate idiot.

He is basically suggesting that Howard should not be allowed to state his own opinion on the outcome of the game.  He asked for Howard's expectation and Howard gave it to him.

Sal then argues that Howard is conceding.

Sal!  Howard isn't playing the game, you f-ing moron.

Sal's cheerleading in this exchange is also totally unprofessional.  He is supposed to be an unbiased member of the media and is in a position to ask questions to players, coaches, and other members of the Bills organization.  He needs to learn to separate Sal the Buffalonian/Bills fan from Sal the public figure and member of the media.

This does help explain the softball leading questions he loves to ask McDermott and players, however.

I knew i didn't like you, Sal is great!!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:27 AM, DBilz2500 said:

Heard it this morning on my way to work thought it was pretty awesome too. And he’s damn right we can beat these guys. We’re at home and we have a good team 

He's right that we can beat them.

But that's been true every time we've ever taken the field against them. If things had gone absolutely right and they'd played a virtually perfect game and the ball had bounced right, we could have beaten them two times a year every year. It's just that all that happens together so very rarely. We're a better team this year, IMO, than we've been in ten or fifteen years. But that's just not saying much when you look back at those teams and rosters.

We have a shot this week. It's just very unlikely, as it has been since Brady's second year.

Howard simon doesnt play for or coach the bills.  He isnt "conceding" anything.

He and jeremy white have said that until proven otherwise, they count both new england games as losses.  I dont think that is an unreasonable stance.  The Bills have won like 3 of their last 40 games against them in the past 20 years.  

Some of these games, especially at home, turn into an NFL version of the "Great White Hype" movie.  We work ourselves up, only to get KOed in convincing fashion.  White and Simon (who are just entertainers) have agreed to not fall for it.  

Its not like their show is dedicated to putting the bills down.  They predict the bills' season on the regular and are very optimistic.  I think Simon has them at 12-4 as of this week.  

I don't want to hear a brainless fred smerlas equivalent cheerlead into perpetuity

• Like (+1) 1