Importance of Gore

Tcali

In addition to several other solid runs in the game..The critical run was the 3rd and goal at the one .

experience,quickness,power and natural talent made that split second decision to hit the right hole possible.

Other RBs could have easily screwed that up.

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, Tcali said:

In addition to several other solid runs in the game..The critical run was the 3rd and goal at the one .

experience,quickness,power and natural talent made that split second decision to hit the right hole possible.

Other RBs could have easily screwed that up.

A Great pancake block by Lee Smith didn't hurt either...

• Like (+1) 5

Gore is extremely valuable. He had a very strong game today all day long. We need a breakaway guy to complement him but we haven't had a guy like that in a long time. He gets tough yards. He's dependable. He's good in short yardage and goalline. He's good at pass protection. Yeldon and Gore is not a great tandem, but Motor and Gore is a nice combo. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

For anyone who wants to keep track, after today, Gore needs another 358 yards to pass Barry Sanders for the third most rushing yards in NFL history.

A very Emmitt Smith-esque career. Impressive longevity. He has a chance to catch Walter Payton if he somehow keeps it up the next two seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Gore is extremely valuable. He had a very strong game today all day long. We need a breakaway guy to complement him but we haven't had a guy like that in a long time. He gets tough yards. He's dependable. He's good in short yardage and goalline. He's good at pass protection. Yeldon and Gore is not a great tandem, but Motor and Gore is a nice combo. 

That’s the problem tho. Gordon/Shady/Motor is a good combo. The Bills got rid of Shady to save money. If there’s an injury you have nice depth. Yeldon isn’t nice depth and it shines the spotlight on getting rid of Shady.

Not saying Gore isn’t nice to have but the depth is awful and injuries happen.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

That’s the problem tho. Gordon/Shady/Motor is a good combo. The Bills got rid of Shady to save money. If there’s an injury you have nice depth. Yeldon isn’t nice depth and it shines the spotlight on getting rid of Shady.

Who has three good RB?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

This is true. But, I think the combo of Gore/Motor/Yeldon is a pretty good trio-- Yeldon for his receiving ability. Kinda wish we had gone with Perry over Yeldon, though.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Who has three good RB?

No one but who’s to say Singletary is good. We have 2 games and a handful of carries. We know Shady/Gore is good. We know Yeldon isn’t good... so Bills roll into the season with Gore??/Motor?/Yeldon?? 

and is there’s an injury...

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

This is true. But, I think the combo of Gore/Motor/Yeldon is a pretty good trio-- Yeldon for his receiving ability. Kinda wish we had gone with Perry over Yeldon, though.

Perry is worthless as a RB, good on ST. Yeldon is decent as a 3rd choice. But the fumble was a killer. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

No one but who’s to say Singletary is good. We have 2 games and a handful of carries. We know Shady/Gore is good. We know Yeldon isn’t good... so Bills roll into the season with Gore??/Motor?/Yeldon?? 

and is there’s an injury...

I would have kept Shady myself. But RB is a weird position where you only play one at a time. That's why no one has three good ones. It's a tough choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Perry is worthless as a RB, good on ST. Yeldon is decent as a 3rd choice. But the fumble was a killer. 

I would have kept Shady myself. But RB is a weird position where you only play one at a time. That's why no one has three good ones. It's a tough choice. 

I don’t disagree, just the writing was on the wall with Yeldon, in preseason... Heck I probably wouldn’t have had a problem if they had picked someone else besides Yeldonz

9 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I disagree it was about money.  Shady would want to be the lead back and the Bills had other plans.  Why keep him when he would be unhappy and hinder the development of the future.  The decision has not cost the Bills yet.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not sure that I agree that Perry is any worse than Yeldon as a RB. But, if nothing else, I would MUCH rather have seen Perry out there returning punts than Hyde. Hyde is too valuable to put into that position, IMO. I was holding my breath every time he didn't wave it off (which I think was maybe only twice?)