Importance of Gore

Tcali

6 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

C'mon...barring injury, Gore will have plenty of chances to get 85 more yards this season.

It's not like they will never give him the ball again.

I basically agree with this-- I think it is likely he will get the opportunity to continue to produce, and I very much hope he does. 

On the other hand..... He had 11 carries vs. Washington, and averaged 1.4 ypc. Singletary averaged 4.8. If Gore has another week like that, one has to assume they're going to start limiting his touches. And, given the short-yardage situational role they're already using him in now... I really hope he has a good game vs. the Browns.

Well, Gore has 73 yards left to Pass Barry Sanders. He's still on track to reach that milestone. But, he averaged 1.4 ypc on 11 carries the week before last, and only got five carries this last week for 2.4 ypc. That is paltry. He needs a good game vs. Miami this week.

On 9/22/2019 at 3:54 PM, Tcali said:

In addition to several other solid runs in the game..The critical run was the 3rd and goal at the one .

experience,quickness,power and natural talent made that split second decision to hit the right hole possible.

Other RBs could have easily screwed that up.

That's great 1 of his 4 runs through out the entire game if thats all they are going to use him then trade the guy to another team might just as well send Singletary with him he only got 8 carries the entire game !! 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

At this point, does anyone else get a letdown whenever they see #20 on the field?

I'd rather see Yeldon out there, and let DiMarco handle the "just hold onto the ball and don't fumble" plays.

Hell naw. Gore is there to dish out the punishment.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 32ABBA said:

At this point, does anyone else get a letdown whenever they see #20 on the field?

I'd rather see Yeldon out there, and let DiMarco handle the "just hold onto the ball and don't fumble" plays.

For this year Gore is the second best running back on the team. I don’t think that will be the case next year. 

2 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Nope - I have no problems seeing Gore out there.  Yeldon - I want him no where near the field - if everyone is healthy.

I am hoping Gore gets a job on this Bills staff - he has stated he wanted to go into coaching and was hoping to get a job on the previous Miami staff.

I am not sure I want him as RB coach, but as an assistant with an emphasis on training and taking care of your body and just to have his presence there to help guide would be awesome.

Edited by Rochesterfan

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

For this year Gore is the second best running back on the team. I don’t think that will be the case next year. 

I think Yeldon would gain more yards if he got the carries Gore does. Of course, Yeldon is a bit of a fumble concern, so I wouldn't;t want him out there for that role. I have to think there is an unsigned, or practice squad guy that is better than Gore. 

I know the Bills won't replace him (unless he gets a pesky injury...), but he is terrible. Sure, he might have another decent game, a run or two that is good, but just about any decent back (Sinorise Perry?) given enough carries would do that. 

He is a liability, and his carries are wasted downs.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hell naw. Gore is there to dish out the punishment.

To who, Bills fans?

If this is what he's gonna do for the rest of the season, he is a liability.

4 games without a run over 6 yards in 36 carries!

How does anyone defend his performance? Something like "He's not there to gain yards, it's his intangibles"?

DATE

OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG TD LNG
Thu 11/28 @DALDAL
W
26-15
9 11 1.2 0 5
Sun 11/24 vsDENDEN
W
20-3
15 65 4.3 0 27
Sun 11/17 @MIAMIA
W
37-20
11 27 2.5 0 6
Sun 11/10 @CLECLE
L
19-16
5 12 2.4 0 4
Sun 11/3 vsWSHWSH
W
24-9
11 15 1.4 0 6
Edited by 32ABBA

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

honestly, I'd be surprised if he came back next season. I think he's accomplished what he set out to do.

He has accomplished a ton.  Bills obviously will need a short yardage back for next year.  There are a ton of free agent RB's next year.  A younger version would be a good add, maybe they'll even draft a guy. 

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

Edited by keepthefaith

1 hour ago, 32ABBA said:

If this is what he's gonna do for the rest of the season, he is a liability.

4 games without a run over 6 yards in 36 carries!

How does anyone defend his performance? Something like "He's not there to gain yards, it's his intangibles"?

DATE

OPP RESULT ATT YDS AVG TD LNG
Thu 11/28 @DALDAL
W
26-15
9 11 1.2 0 5
Sun 11/24 vsDENDEN
W
20-3
15 65 4.3 0 27
Sun 11/17 @MIAMIA
W
37-20
11 27 2.5 0 6
Sun 11/10 @CLECLE
L
19-16
5 12 2.4 0 4
Sun 11/3 vsWSHWSH
W
24-9
11 15 1.4 0 6

I think Gore has been in the game a lot in the 4th quarter where we are trying to power run the ball and milk the clock.  The defense is expecting a run and simply wrapping him at the LOS.  He does not have that speed anymore to bull-rush people past th eLOS by himself,    All 1st and 2nd downs are Singletary's

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

He has accomplished a ton.  Bills obviously will need a short yardage back for next year.  There are a ton of free agent RB's next year.  A younger version would be a good add, maybe they'll even draft a guy. 

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

Christian Wade?

• Like (+1) 2