Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rayray808

Father Time - who is next up?

Recommended Posts

Father time in our minds usually relates to us Bills fans hoping Tom Brady fades away... however recently he seems to be slowly Thanos snapping other QBʻs around the league...

 

- SNAP! 

- "Mr Stark, I donʻt feel so good..."

 

- Andrew Luck - retires because his body was breaking down.

- Big Ben - elbow. done for the year.

- Drew Brees - hand. 6 weeks.

- Cam Newton - foot. TBD but not looking good.

- Joe Flacco - running on fumes in Denver.

 

Letʻs say those 5 are on the way out... which are the next wave of FRANCHISE QBʻs to fall victim to Father Time?

 

 

Edited by rayray808
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What old Qbs are left? Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco?

 

AFC

Brady

Rivers

Flacco

Then Dalton.

 

Rodgers

Ryan

Then Stafford, Newton and Wilson.

 

 

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

AFC

Brady

Rivers

Flacco

Then Dalton.

 

Rivers

Ryan

Then Stafford, Newton and Wilson.

 

 

Stafford and Wilson are more middle of road, Newton age wise is similar but has some serious extra miles from routine beatings.

Edited by Warcodered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how everyone neglects to mention Aaron freaking Rogers

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Stafford and Wilson are more middle of road, Newton age wise is similar but has some serious extra miles from routine beatings.

 

True, that's why I said "Then" meaning the next guys in line.

One could say Cousins too, but he didn't really start for a number of years in the beginning of his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SJDK said:

I love how everyone neglects to mention Aaron freaking Rogers

or Eli Manning 

 

Eli is from the same class as Ben and Rivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SJDK said:

I love how everyone neglects to mention Aaron freaking Rogers

 

R - E - L - A - X

 

I can't stand that smug bastard.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SJDK said:

I love how everyone neglects to mention Aaron freaking Rogers

 

I missed that by adding Rivers in the NFC and AFC and not Rodgers.  Typo.  I'll edit my post.

Edited by ColoradoBills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Father time in our minds usually relates to us Bills fans hoping Tom Brady fades away... however recently he seems to be slowly Thanos snapping other QBʻs around the league...

 

- SNAP! 

- "Mr Stark, I donʻt feel so good..."

 

- Andrew Luck - retires because his body was breaking down.

- Big Ben - elbow. done for the year.

- Drew Brees - hand. 6 weeks.

- Cam Newton - foot. TBD but not looking good.

- Joe Flacco - running on fumes in Denver.

 

Letʻs say those 5 are on the way out... which are the next wave of FRANCHISE QBʻs to fall victim to Father Time?

 

 

Since nobody else here actually understands what you were looking for, I’ll put together a list of the next 5 FRANCHISE QBs to take over. 

 

Mahomes

Watson

Mayfield

 

and since I cannot use Allen,

 

Murray

Minshew

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Don't forget Alex Smith last season! 

6 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

And Nick Foles just a week ago....

I don't know if I'd really count Smith or Foles they've never really clicked anywhere have they? They've never really achieved being a Franchise QB before I don't think.

14 minutes ago, ganesh said:

or Eli Manning 

 

Eli is from the same class as Ben and Rivers.

I mean Eli counts but he pretty much should be listed with the fallen at this point he's at least as done as Cam.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

And Nick Foles just a week ago....

 

Foles has a total of 45 starts.  That's less than 3 full years.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

AFC

Brady

Rivers

Flacco

Then Dalton.

 

Rodgers

Ryan

Then Stafford, Newton and Wilson.

 

 

Are Dalton, Ryan, Stafford, Newton or Wilson even considered old? Brees and Brady are in their 40s, Big Ben and Rivers are in their late 30s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MassHog said:

Are Dalton, Ryan, Stafford, Newton or Wilson even considered old? Brees and Brady are in their 40s, Big Ben and Rivers are in their late 30s. 

 

I'll say it again, "then" meaning the next guys in line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be Bills defense pre game locker room motivational song before heading out.

.....after pre game prayers of course.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know if I'd really count Smith or Foles they've never really clicked anywhere have they? They've never really achieved being a Franchise QB before I don't think.

I mean Eli counts but he pretty much should be listed with the fallen at this point he's at least as done as Cam.

 

Smith had a very good career, and leading the 49ers to a few points shy of the Super Bowl, then repeating his great play before getting hurt & benched for an inferior QB. 

Then after going to KC, the Chiefs consistently made the playoffs, and was also a Pro Bowlers in 3 of the 5 seasons he played for them. Not saying he was "great," just a GOOD, stable, consistent QB for his franchise. The year before he was injured he threw for 26 TD's & 5 INT's, and has a lifetime W/L record of 94-66-1.

Again, not an all-time great, but still more than just your average/slightly above average QB like a Ryan Tannehill, Derek Carr, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, etc.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is not allowed to age and not allowed to be hit in any manner. We all want him gone. But this year we need to defy the refs and the NFL and deliver the knockout blow to finish him for good.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...