Whistleblower Has Been Backed Up By Multiple Witnesses

Tiberius

This whole thing seems screwy.  There’s no smoking gun, or smoke, or fire.

Congress allocated funds. Trump held up the funds.  Trump apparently has been holding up different funds going to aid foreign countries for awhile now, claiming that the U.S. shouldn’t do all of the contributing.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-ukraine/trump-administration-reinstates-military-aid-for-ukraine-idUSKCN1VX213

“...Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell praised the Trump administration’s release of the funds, saying: “It would have been a mistake to hold back our assistance to the brave people of Ukraine. Doing so would have undermined our partners in Ukraine and Eastern Europe and further emboldened the Kremlin.” 

It was one of several disputes recently between Trump and members of Congress, including some of his fellow Republicans as well as Democrats, over his administration’s decision to sidestep congressional approval to fund its own policy initiatives.  ...”

This Ukraine money and the hold up of it seems to have been heaped into the Administration’s way of dealing with these matters (hold up the money and complain that other countries aren’t pulling their weight), and it seemed as though Congress was getting pissed off.  Then Giuliani is reported to have met with Ukrainians about investigating Biden.  Then Chris Murphy (in May, 2019) wrote a letter to his Committee Chair in the Senate, complaining of a possible connection — in this particular case — between Giuliani’s actions and the $$ being held up.  Murphy was fired up about it.  https://www.murphy.senate.gov/download/ukraine-giuliani-letter  But it didn’t seem to go anywhere until some random whistleblower complaint was filed.

The rough transcript of the phone conversation seems to belie Trump’s m.o. about other countries, mentioning Merkel and Germany. It didn’t seem like Trump implicitly or explicitly said he was not going to turn over the money.  It doesn’t seem as though anyone in the Ukraine though there was a condition put on the money to help out in a US political matter. In fact, it was thought as recently as early September, that the hold up was because of Trump’s coddling of Putin.  http://www.ukrweekly.com/uwwp/slow-walking-military-aid-to-ukraine/

Odd how the narrative changed from one reason to another reason to yet another reason over time.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Congress allocated funds. Trump held up the funds.  Trump apparently has been holding up different funds going to aid foreign countries for awhile now, claiming that the U.S. shouldn’t do all of the contributing.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-ukraine/trump-administration-reinstates-military-aid-for-ukraine-idUSKCN1VX213

“...Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell praised the Trump administration’s release of the funds, saying: “It would have been a mistake to hold back our assistance to the brave people of Ukraine. Doing so would have undermined our partners in Ukraine and Eastern Europe and further emboldened the Kremlin.” 

It was one of several disputes recently between Trump and members of Congress, including some of his fellow Republicans as well as Democrats, over his administration’s decision to sidestep congressional approval to fund its own policy initiatives.  ...”

This Ukraine money and the hold up of it seems to have been heaped into the Administration’s way of dealing with these matters (hold up the money and complain that other countries aren’t pulling their weight), and it seemed as though Congress was getting pissed off.  Then Giuliani is reported to have met with Ukrainians about investigating Biden.  Then Chris Murphy (in May, 2019) wrote a letter to his Committee Chair in the Senate, complaining of a possible connection — in this particular case — between Giuliani’s actions and the $$ being held up.  Murphy was fired up about it.  https://www.murphy.senate.gov/download/ukraine-giuliani-letter  But it didn’t seem to go anywhere until some random whistleblower complaint was filed.

The rough transcript of the phone conversation seems to belie Trump’s m.o. about other countries, mentioning Merkel and Germany. It didn’t seem like Trump implicitly or explicitly said he was not going to turn over the money.  It doesn’t seem as though anyone in the Ukraine though there was a condition put on the money to help out in a US political matter. In fact, it was thought as recently as early September, that the hold up was because of Trump’s coddling of Putin.  http://www.ukrweekly.com/uwwp/slow-walking-military-aid-to-ukraine/

Odd how the narrative changed from one reason to another reason to yet another reason over time.

The only thing that remains constant is the Left's rage over Trump's election. I suspect there is a massive counter-reaction wave coming in 2020, a tsunami of Americans angry at the unending charade and double standards perpetrated by media and the deep state. Can't wait to vote again for Bad Orange Man.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Why are folks replying go this thread? Tibs will just delete it in a month anyways, after he doesn't like the ends.

Yeah, but in the interim, it's still fun to mock the leftist fantasy/stupidity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

That's 100% correct and why, in the public's eye, this dog ultimately won't hunt. There's no proof Trump withheld the money because of anything other than what he's said since day one of his campaign -- and nearly every day through his first term. He wants people to "contribute" their "fair share". Whatever that means in Trumpisms, it is not isolated to the Ukraine nor anything the average person is going to blink at. 

Impeachment is entirely political -- so they can do what they want. But if they think this is going to help them win in 2020 they're nuts. And recent history has proven that to be the case. They're nuts. They know they are going to lose in 2020, and seem genuinely terrified about what the OIG and Durham are finding and near releasing, otherwise they wouldn't be doing this now. 

Think about all that this story does simultaneously: 

* It allows the democrat establishment to cry "POLITICAL PERSECUTION" right before examples of their political persecution is exposed to a wider audience

* It severs ties to the Obama administration for anyone not named Castro left in the running. That's smart if you know that the OIG is about to drop a cloud of corruption and scandal over 44's administration in the 2016 election. 

All it took was for them to decide to throw Joe Biden under the bus. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The only thing that remains constant is the Left's rage over Trump's election. I suspect there is a massive counter-reaction wave coming in 2020, a tsunami of Americans angry at the unending charade and double standards perpetrated by media and the deep state. Can't wait to vote again for Bad Orange Man.

Yeah, I’ve been calling it our great national temper tantrum.

It’s been going on since November 9, 2016.  Very unbecoming.

• Like (+1) 2

Hmm... Pretty sure Stewart is incorrect and means the transcript -- but he is on the committee and was cleared to see it. I don't see it anywhere.

Nope -- that's not it, this is the OLC opinion. Jumped the gun

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6429710-OLC-Opinion-Trump-Ukraine-Call.html

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yeah, but in the interim, it's still fun to mock the leftist fantasy/stupidity.

No. He deleted the Epstein thread and there were many people who guessed on when he would be suicided. Due to him we dont know who guessed the closest, and rightful king of the PPP sub. He should be banned.

Edited by Paulus
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Hmm... Pretty sure Stewart is incorrect and means the transcript -- but he is on the committee and was cleared to see it. I don't see it anywhere.

Can the intelligence committee declassify it?  I thought that’s an Executive Branch job. I could easily be mistaken.

6 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Why are folks replying go this thread? Tibs will just delete it in a month anyways, after he doesn't like the ends.

I have to admit ths thread got dicey.  I went back about 10 hours and found out:

1.  Tibs was in rare form.  He posted a series of Tibseaque thoughts, but agreed with a few points raised by Das Rhino and made me laugh with a comment about being buried in right wing tweets.  That was funny. I give Tibs an A, but as he is a liberal I must drop his grade to an F because the A represents American Exceptionalism and he ain't down with that.

2. Transplant appeared to be in emotional free fall during one post.  I feel badly because while there are places to go for emotional support during those times (Emotional Assistance 800 numbers, Facebook and pretty much any Alyssa Milano tweet), this isn't the place.  I gave him an A because I wanted him to feel better about himself. 

3.  Crayola claimed to be an attorney for a bigly law firm, and I believe him as he spent the next 200 threads debating hearsay and boring me to shmitherenes.  I gave him an A as well, fearful that if I give him his actual grade of F, he would commence litigation for defamation of character.  

4. Gary Busey posted often and apparently continues to recover from the doink to the head suffered in a motorcycle accident sustained while playing Mr. Joshua with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon.  I give him an F for content, but upgraded him to an A for brutality when torturing Mr. Gibson with a battery charger and nipple clips in the movie. 

5. DC Tom has abandoned idiot for nitwit.  I'm not sure how I feel about this, so I have given him an incomplete grade. 

6.  DR received a nomination for an Emmy. Awesome! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6429710-OLC-Opinion-Trump-Ukraine-Call.html

You can *almost* get through the opening paragraph before laughing at the breathless, urgent, circus level absurdity of it all.

Oh, and note the footnote at the bottom of Page #1: Sep. 3rd is when it was known that this did not consist of an "urgent concern". 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Once again Biden being corrupt is irrelevant to wither or not Trump broke the law.

Yeah throw Biden in jail, I don't care to defend Joe Biden but the corruption charges against Biden being true or untrue do not factor into wither or not what Trump did was illegal.

I've been saying this for pages. They can't see way their noses in this. 

Biden can go down too. But the current thread is about trump. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

classic DC. an 11 page opinion on a 4 page transcript.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Foxx said:

classic DC. an 11 page opinion on a 4 page transcript.

I'll shorten it for you all: This wasn't an intelligence issue.

You're welcome. 

30 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

3blr9n.jpg

The impeachment effort will fail without more evidence. But the impeachment announcement before the transcript was released was crazy.