I don't like Josh Rosen but I feel bad for him

Inigo Montoya

36 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I am not a fan of Rosen but I think he got a raw deal in AZ. Either AZ realizes they screwed up in drafting him because he wasnt the QB they thought or Murray was too tempting. I think the only way Rosen has some success is being a back up for a decent team and play due to an injury. I dont see Rosen as the type of QB that can make plays out of nothing or the kind of QB that can carry a team. 

Come on.  They traded him one year after drafting him 10th overall.  There were no guarantees with Murray either.  Actions speak the loudest.  

43 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

A lot of people here are acting as if they know Rosen personally and think that pre-draft character sabotage by anonymous scouts jockeying for leverage is reflective of who people really are. Sheesh.

Has he ever come across as anything but a smug, entitled ***hole? If he has, I haven’t seen it. He is like the anti Josh Allen

15 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I can't imagine what it's like to be Josh Rosen right now......

He is going to walk away with a lot of money in his pocket and still be absolutely miserable.

I don't like Josh Rosen, and I don't feel bad for him.

In fact, I would instantly trade places with him, and I really like my life as it is.

Edited by 32ABBA

8 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Actually it was more like 95% of the board because I can count on one hand the number of posters who were behind drafting Josh Allen before the draft and the majority of this board wanted the Bills to trade up to the #2 spot with the NY Giants to draft Josh Rosen. Some were even touting the Bills give up the 2018 farm and their 2019 first round pick too.

The only posters I can recall wanting to draft Allen before the draft were theBandit27, metzelaars_lives, myself and perhaps two others who's names I can't recall. 

YoloinOhio was touting Rosen so often that he stated he was "gut punched" when the Bills drafted Allen. This board was filled with Bills fans complaining about the Bills drafting Allen. One well known poster noted for his NFL player acumen stated that he had Allen as a third round draft pick because of his accuracy.

Looking at the sarcasm I suspect you were one of those who hated the Allen pick and are simply in denial now. 

That's how I recall things Nihilarian.  I was a lurker back then not a poster and when the Bills grabbed Allen I was thrilled.  I had watched him on those late night ESPN Mountain West games and thought the kid was amazing.  It never occurred to me to even think about accuracy when he was throwing 30 yard missiles on the run for TD's at Wyoming.!  I kept thinking he would make a great Bills QB.

Then on the big night I come here after the pick all excited and the place was melting down!  I mean the angst & venom being spewed was off the chart.  And a whole lot of people kept going on about how the Bills had taken the wrong Josh.  And in the following days the angry fans posting here were joined almost unanimously by the Bills print, radio & video media!  It just seemed like they were piling on Allen and it often came down to Josh versus Josh.

So I've got to admit my dislike of Rosen wasn't rational but was based on the fact that everyone was saying we should have drafted him instead of Allen.  To be honest I do feel bad for the guy.  But as others have noted Allen stepped into just as dysfunctional an offensive situation in Buffalo (really Peterman beat Allen out fair & square?) as Rosen  did in Arizona.  And  it was a measure of Allen's fortitude that he made lemonade from lemons.

As an aside, I sort of get how the draft Rosen folks felt.  When the Bill's hired McDermitt I was furious.  I thought it was a terrible pick.  Not another D coordinator!  But now I know I was 100% wrong and McClapy was a great hire.  And I see a similar reaction by most of the "wrong Josh" crowd now that Allen is making progress and on his way to being a very good QB.

17 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I see him as a high level backup at some point in his career.

Come on. Get real.

He's nothing more than a mid level backup. ^_^

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

A lot of people here are acting as if they know Rosen personally and think that pre-draft character sabotage by anonymous scouts jockeying for leverage is reflective of who people really are. Sheesh.

I agree. I don't know him from Adam.

I will tell you this. I'd rather have Adam.

...feel bad?...NOT a chance.......Putz Boy whined during the draft about "nine mistakes taken before me"......condescending, arrogant, disrespectful POS about the game and QB's who paved the way for megamillions...."keep the lumps flowin' "......hope Miami tags him for 32 years..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Actually it was more like 95% of the board because I can count on one hand the number of posters who were behind drafting Josh Allen before the draft and the majority of this board wanted the Bills to trade up to the #2 spot with the NY Giants to draft Josh Rosen. Some were even touting the Bills give up the 2018 farm and their 2019 first round pick too.

The only posters I can recall wanting to draft Allen before the draft were theBandit27, metzelaars_lives, myself and perhaps two others who's names I can't recall. 

YoloinOhio was touting Rosen so often that he stated he was "gut punched" when the Bills drafted Allen. This board was filled with Bills fans complaining about the Bills drafting Allen. One well known poster noted for his NFL player acumen stated that he had Allen as a third round draft pick because of his accuracy.

Looking at the sarcasm I suspect you were one of those who hated the Allen pick and are simply in denial now. 

ill go in the 95%. personally i think i felt the same as alot of people. we just drafted a tall strong armed qb who had accuracy issues and could be a project...it didnt work out so well. if you had to ask what are the differences it soley on coaching and intangables at this point, but i dont watch a ton of college so maybe im wrong.

all i knew is the last thing i wanted from a qb at that point is inaccuracy. so far so good but EJ puts the opinion into context. 

Edited by Buffarukus

10 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Yolo? I remember it was 26 who spent lots of time complaining about Allen and posting many tweets to promote Rosen last season. Even when Rosen didn't play well during the season, he still managed to find tweets saying Rosen's underneath numbers were good or it's Cardinals OL's fault. I recall there was a long running thread about Rosen's era in Arizona that got bumped by 26 every time Rosen had a ok game or had few good throws.