Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wppete

The King of New York 🤴

Recommended Posts

It was a pretty dumb question and the young man handled it perfectly. Keep the good times rolling, Joshua.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this day and age, I'm so triggered right now by the Jets and Giants geographically appropriating the state that only has one (1) professional national football league team playing within its borders!! Way to call a spade a spade JA. :D  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what it is, or maybe it was something a few members said this week. But this whole process thing just seems to be happening without announcement.  It is suddenly taking shape. Sometimes thats how it goes! I have not been this confident in a Bills team in years. Josh Allen's statement symbolizes where the Bills are going!

Edited by Rocket94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked this up last night.  The New Jersey Giants started playing at the Meadowlands in 1976, so they haven't played a home game in New York in 43 years.  The New Jersey Jets started playing there in 1984, so they haven't played a home game in New York in 35 years.  Howard Cosell was right to call them both New Jersey after they moved to the Meadowlands.  F' 'em both!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way back when Vinny Testaverde was playing in a MNF game, they showed a map of the US, with a star for every team Vinny had played for. To commemorate his time with the Jets, they put a star right smack in the middle of New York State. Al Michaels said, "According to that map, Vinny played in Utica!"

 

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I looked this up last night.  The New Jersey Giants started playing at the Meadowlands in 1976, so they haven't played a home game in New York in 43 years.  The New Jersey Jets started playing there in 1984, so they haven't played a home game in New York in 35 years.  Howard Cosell was right to call them both New Jersey after they moved to the Meadowlands.  F' 'em both!

 

If you go way back the Giants helmet logo use to be this NY where the Y wrapped around the N, looked rather sharp I always thought.  But after they moved to Jersey, they started taking heat so tried to remove any NY annotations, and now helmets just say Giants. 

 

Though I wonder what they've done during throwback events?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wppete said:

 

I was standing about ten feet away when this photo of Bernard King was taken, man was he uncomfortable in that costume.

9B5DF0DB-97C3-4256-A578-83BDBA33F751.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The King of NY needs a better barber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

 

If you go way back the Giants helmet logo use to be this NY where the Y wrapped around the N, looked rather sharp I always thought.  But after they moved to Jersey, they started taking heat so tried to remove any NY annotations, and now helmets just say Giants. 

 

Though I wonder what they've done during throwback events?

This photo is from yesterday, the went back to lower case N.Y. logo in 2000.

5B5F5758-D6B9-4978-9853-6EF331B59FCA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chris heff said:

This photo is from yesterday, the went back to lower case N.Y. logo in 2000.

5B5F5758-D6B9-4978-9853-6EF331B59FCA.jpeg

 

OK, didn't realize that. 

 

Well as they always say, "Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument!"

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all know that if you go anywhere in the USA and say that you're from "New York" that most everyone assumes you mean NYC.  Just like "Upstate New York" means everything but the Metro NY counties and represents 90+% of its area.  I am glad Josh called him on his sloppy use of the term.  The rest of the state wants it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...