Summer Vacation...where are you planning on going?

Disney at the end of June...first time for both me and my five year old. :doh:

Then you must learn about fast passes, sun block, and turkey legs.

If you are going in June- take something to rehydrate with or the park will cost a fortune in drinks, and the water fountains produce foul tasting water, as does the rest of Orlando.

Disney at the end of June...first time for both me and my five year old. :doh:

Then you must learn about fast passes, sun block, and turkey legs.

If you are going in June- take something to rehydrate with or the park will cost a fortune in drinks, and the water fountains produce foul tasting water, as does the rest of Orlando.

298319[/snapback]

Good advice...thanks. I've been picking the brains of anyone I know who has been there.

Mayan Riviera for our honeymoon.

298016[/snapback]

You're taking Mariano Rivera on your honeymoon? :doh:

We rent a house on Martha's Vineyard for a couple of weeks every summer. Heaven. Especially the lobster.

Dude...love the Outer Banks!  Have vacationed many times in Kill Devil Hills/Kitty Hawk.  Love that area down there, though the beaches have been beat up pretty bad over the years by all the storms.

298307[/snapback]

Going to OBX for a week in June - up near Corrolla. Been doing it for the past 6 yrs or so. We invite our whole family - my siblings are scattered all over the country so it is a nice way for all the kids to spend quality time with thier cousins, aunts/uncles and grandparents.

Otherwise most weekends in the summer are spent camping or going to the beach (Wilmington)

1.  Bills Training Camp

2.  Home opener

3.  Game against New Orleans

4.  Australia - right after 2006 SB

298379[/snapback]

Psycho Ward 86 and I should see you at the opener and at the New Orleans game this year.

Already did Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in February, so this summer will be short trips:

Ocean City, MD

Old Forge (Nick's Lake), NY

Alex Bay, NY

298633[/snapback]

We're not that far from Ocean City, Rock. Just saying.

Dude...love the Outer Banks!  Have vacationed many times in Kill Devil Hills/Kitty Hawk.  Love that area down there, though the beaches have been beat up pretty bad over the years by all the storms.

298307[/snapback]

KDH and Kitty Hawk are nice (and fun!), but many of us quasi-locals (in Va Beach) seem to be drawn to Ocracoke.

It's close, small, relatively quite, and the beaches are all protected from development (and well maintained) by the US Parks Service. Mrs Campy and l drive the Jeep a few miles up the beach, find a nice little dune to chill-out on, get the portable grill going, have a few beers, and just leave life behind for a little while...

...I'm feeling more mellow just thinking about it! :doh:

We're not that far from Ocean City, Rock.  Just saying.

298657[/snapback]

I will certainly keep that in mind.

We will only be "on the beach" three days. I am driving down June 30 and driving home July 4th. Seeya soon for a plate. :doh:

KDH and Kitty Hawk are nice (and fun!), but many of us quasi-locals (in Va Beach) seem to be drawn to Ocracoke. 

It's close, small, relatively quite, and the beaches are all protected from development (and well maintained) by the US Parks Service.  Mrs Campy and l drive the Jeep a few miles up the beach, find a nice little dune to chill-out on, get the portable grill going, have a few beers, and just leave life behind for a little while... 

...I'm feeling more mellow just thinking about it!    :doh:

298658[/snapback]

That sounds great. Trouble with going to the OBX for me is that it's a at least 12 hours from where I live (near NYC), so we end up breaking it into two days down and two back. Love it down there, but the trip is tough.

The last two summers we've been going to Barneget Light on the Jersey Shore. Absolutely beautiful there.

Went to the Outer Banks(not the first time) in late May a few years back and the weather was so miserable, I have never considered going back(it has become one of those things where you feel you are jinxed). It was so cold and overcast the whole week, that you could go down to the beach in mid-day and not see a single person in either direction for several hundred yards.

I hear October is a great time of year to go from a price and weather perspective(assuming you can avoid any trouble during hurricane season). :)

Went to the Outer Banks(not the first time) in late May a few years back and the weather was so miserable, I have never considered going back(it has become one of those things where you feel you are jinxed).  It was so cold and overcast the whole week, that you could go down to the beach in mid-day and not see a single person in either direction for several hundred yards.

I hear October is a great time of year to go from a price and weather perspective(assuming you can avoid any trouble during hurricane season). :)

298712[/snapback]

I know whatcha' mean - I feel the same about Florida. In that case though, the humidity was 100% and the temps were hitting triple digits, too much for my yankee arse - I'll never vacation there again.

I'm going to Iceland for a week in June. We'll be there for the summer solstice and a few big festivals. I heard it 's a blast and the women are pretty good stuff. Going with a a group of guys from Buffalo.

298730[/snapback]

I was in Iceland in Feb 2001...neat place

And, Simon...If you are fishin' with eight pound (mono) test tied to your toe, for anything other than sunnies, bluegill, or perch you gonna be walkin' funny.

No worries there since I never catch anything. :)

In Hawaii right now, since March 12, spent a week in Socal last week. Leave Hawaii May 6th. Was looking into Iceland last night. There is a band I want to see, or possibly England/Belgium for some music festivals in June. If not, definately back to Hawaii and SoCal in the fall.

I'm going to Iceland for a week in June. We'll be there for the summer solstice and a few big festivals. I heard it 's a blast and the women are pretty good stuff. Going with a a group of guys from Buffalo.

298730[/snapback]

I know whatcha' mean - I feel the same about Florida.  In that case though, the humidity was 100% and the temps were hitting triple digits, too much for my yankee arse - I'll never vacation there again.

298717[/snapback]

Too bad about your experience, we were in Florida on the Gulf Coast, Seaside area, late May early June and the weather was absolutely great during that time.

Rain in the evening, sunny blue skies all day, nominal humidity, ocean temps on the warmer side....about as near perfect as one could have gotten. We cannot wait to go back.

The only rival to that weather I have experienced was in San Diego in the Fall.