Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brianmoorman4jesus

[Name Only Title] Frank Gore

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeah, short yardage gained

 

Learn about sample size 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Taking a guy that will go into the HOF and throwing him under the bus because of one game may define the word overreaction.

 

I don’t care about the player he used to be. I care about the player that he is today.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattynh said:

 

Learn about sample size 

I watched the game. He couldn’t hit the hole with any urgency and was swallowed up as soon as he got the ball. Singletary had no issue. One guy is physically finished and the other is not. It’s not a short yardage thing. It’s a guy with old legs that has no business getting impactful touches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Shady never looked slow last year our O-line was atrocious. Shady averaged 8.1 ypc today. We are going to miss him this year!

 

I already miss Shady a lot. 10 carries for 81 yards, 1 catch for 12 yards. It was pure stupidity to cut him, in my opinion. HOWEVER....McBeane logic was that we wanted to give his carries to Singletary instead, because McCoy would have been a potential locker room cancer due to this (I'm not so sure about this...), and because there was no trade market for McCoy at his salary. So in reality, we are comparing McCoy with Singletary when evaluating the wisdom of cutting McCoy. And while it's very foolish to reach conclusions after Week 1, Singletary did go 4 carries for 70 yards and 5 catches for 28 yards today.

 

As for Gore, I'm not too worried about him YET. The Jets' gameplan was clearly directed at stopping our run game in its tracks and making Allen beat us through the air. Their plan was a good one and almost worked.

Edited by KayAdams
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I watched the game. He couldn’t hit the hole with any urgency and was swallowed up as soon as he got the ball. Singletary had no issue. One guy is physically finished and the other is not. It’s not a short yardage thing. It’s a guy with old legs that has no business getting impactful touches.

 

Are you drunk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What ? a Hall of Fame RB only had a so-so game...................That never happens.

 

 

Frank Gore helps this team tremendously.....................end of story.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Agreed on Gore. I always believed that was the limit to his role. I just would not have released Shady. I think it was unnecessary. I get they like Singletary and he was very impressive today. But I don't see any logic for having Yeldon on your team and having Shady on somebody else's.

 

Here is the logic.  Shady would not be happy with 5 carries and we don't need the distraction.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

 

I don’t care about the player he used to be. I care about the player that he is today.

So an N of one game means something to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s clear that Singletary is the guy, but Yeldon has value as a receiver. Granted he is not the best rusher but he has nice hands, good speed and size. Gore should be used as our sludge hammer on short yardage and goal line situations. I like our backs, I can’t complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gore looked old and slow today. I doubt he ever catches Barry Sanders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So an N of one game means something to you?

 

Gore is 36 years old and isn’t the same player he used to be. He is a complimentary back at this point and will be a mentor and leader to the younger guys.

 

What are you even trying to argue here? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think singletary pushed himself to the number 1 spot today. Gore will be a good relief running back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Singletary looked good in the fourth quarter.  Gore should be a change of pace back going forward for the Bills.  I am not sure that we have the depth we will need for an entire season at RB, which is a bit worrisome, and I do think we need more speed.  Maybe this gets addressed next offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

 

Gore is 36 years old and isn’t the same player he used to be. He is a complimentary back at this point and will be a mentor and leader to the younger guys.

 

What are you even trying to argue here? 

 

 

The OP said he should be gone based one one game.  I don’t think you toss a HOF back off the team based on one game.  Of course he’ll be a complementary guy.  That’s his role.

 

Why are you even trying to argue here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

The OP said he should be gone based one one game.  I don’t think you toss a HOF back off the team based on one game.  

 

So so then why are you coming at me with a confrontational response when I never agreed with the OP?

 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Of course he’ll be a complementary guy.  That’s his role.

 

Which is what I said...

 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Why are you even trying to argue here?

 

 I’m sorry but where do you see me arguing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Singletary is really all we have at RB right now. If he goes down I think we are in deep *****. Gore looks so so so so slow out there, we need to bring back Wade or get somebody off a PS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bangarang said:

 

So so then why are you coming at me with a confrontational response when I never agreed with the OP?

 

 

Which is what I said...

 

 

 I’m sorry but where do you see me arguing?

You said you don’t care about the player he was but the player he is today.  Today was one game.   I think that is an over-reaction to today’s one game, unless I am misinterpreting your use of the word today.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Singletary is really all we have at RB right now. If he goes down I think we are in deep *****. Gore looks so so so so slow out there, we need to bring back Wade or get somebody off a PS. 

One game.  One game.  One game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we un suck Yeldon for just one more week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Not enough samples to make a judgement today.   Don’t get too excited about 11 carries where a bunch were short yardage. 

And it's only the first regular season game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You said you don’t care about the player he was but the player he is today.  Today was one game.   I think that is an over-reaction to today’s one game, unless I am misinterpreting your use of the word today.

One game.  One game.  One game.

 

He didn’t have a good game today. It doesn’t mean he should be shipped away. Where is the overreaction on my part?

Edited by Bangarang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

 

He didn’t have a good game today. It doesn’t mean he should be shipped away. Where is the overreaction on my part?

I interpreted your comment to mean you agreed with the OP who feels Gore should not be playing.  I think we agree Gore should be playing a complementary role.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not worried about Gore.  He looked great last year and in preseason.  He'll be just fine doing whatever he is asked to do.. and he will usually do it well.  It's just one game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gore lacked power today.  Could be just one game. But if he looks bad next week, he's probably hit the wall. We don't need a replacement like Singletary, we need a power or short yardage back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Gore fumble?  Did he miss any assignments in pass protection?  Does he help Singletary prepare for the pro game and being a professional?  The guy is doing his job and he provides leadership.  I am glad to have him on the team and on the field.  The times he was running in the first half, the Jets still had their MLB in the game.  Him getting hurt seemed to have a lot to do with the Bills' O suddenly getting going -- although that's also when Singletary came in. 

 

Gore still has gas in the tank for one more solid year before he hangs em up and starts counting down to the HOF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...