Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, papazoid said:

on the beasley deflection...

the announcer HOF QB Kurt Warner put the majority of blame (not all) on Allen , said ball was low (knee high)  and away (on beasley's hip outside), but said he still should have caught it, but a hard one to handle.

you just don't expect a ball to bounce up in that manner,  its not at all like a high pass that is tipped to a defender.  That int was just a fluke pure and simple. 

What was worse imo was the 2 bad passes that could have been interceptions - the one was dropped and one called back on penalty. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, papazoid said:

the announcer HOF QB Kurt Warner put the majority of blame (not all) on Allen , said ball was low (knee high)  and away (on beasley's hip outside), but said he still should have caught it, but a hard one to handle.

The ball hit him in the hands with nobody between him and the ball.  His body was shielding the ball from any defender, and nobody else had a chance at the ball.

If you can find a way to blame Allen, then that's a special kind of analysis that I can't defend.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Good grief.

I sometimes wonder if people watched the Bills' game, let alone other games around the league.

I fault Allen on 3 of the 4 turnovers, but to say he looked anything even remotely close to Peterman is the height of foolishness.  Seriously.

When I see anyone claim that the pick-6 is on Josh, I know immediately that they're operating with an agenda.  That's just stupid.  He threw the ball low and inside where it's supposed to be, and Beasley let the ball bounce off of his arms for a turnover just as he did in Detroit in the preseason.  That's on Beasley, and it's obvious.

The team moved the ball well in the first half...if they didn't have issues with hanging onto the football (both Allen and the pass-catchers), things could've been much different.  But that's not the point.  The point is that, despite having a nightmarish first half, despite giving up a safety on their only touch through 10 minutes of 3rd quarter play, despite not having attempted a pass until over 11 minutes through the 3rd quarter, and despite being down 16-0 on the road to a divisional opponent, the kid pulled it together, scored 17 unanswered points, and won a game that more than a few fans on this board (not me) called a "must win" earlier in the week.

Just contrast the 4th quarters of the top 3 QBs picked in 2018.  How did Allen compare to Mayfield and Darnold when the game was on the line?

Speaking of Darnold (who I think do is pretty good): https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/146694-the-underthrown-darnold-pass-to-robby-that-would-have-won-the-game/

The dissection of the play along with the gnashing of teeth feels very, very familiar ...

37 minutes ago, papazoid said:

It was Rich Gannon, not Warner.

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Speaking of Darnold (who I think do is pretty good): https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/146694-the-underthrown-darnold-pass-to-robby-that-would-have-won-the-game/

The dissection of the play along with the gnashing of teeth feels very, very familiar ...

Jets' fans need to chill.  They've got a good young QB who will be good for a long time.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its ok, Allen led them down the field for the win so you can overlook them. ?

He is still an inaccurate QB but he is the saviour so its not important. 

Look, he obviously has flaws and critiques deserve to be made, but inaccurate is am unfair knock. 64% is not bad, and that's with all the bad plays you are dragging up.

Plus, accuracy is absolutely effected by playcalling and doesn't reflect situational football. Darnold dinked and dunked his way to 68%, but less than 4 yards per attempt. 

I am far from Allen's biggest supporter and you clearly have an agenda.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Many previous Bills QB's we've had over the past couple decades would have not made that throw.   

I really can't think of one since Kelly, Bledsoe possibly. Either way is good to see our young QB give a WR, who's known to fight for the ball, a chance. Those two could be special with a little more time together.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

What I love about this play (and shows me JA’s progression) is watch the safety.  There was a great tweet with an end zone look right down the middle at JA and Brown that also showed me why the safety did not get there.

Josh Allen used his eyes and the field to freeze the single high safety.  Last year this was either a pick or a Pass break-up because Josh was staring down the receiver and did not trust what he saw.  This play he looked at Brown - then moved his eyes to the middle of the field right at the safety.  Then he peeks at Brown and quickly peaks back at the play developing right in front of the safety - then bang that ball is out and Brown does the rest.  The safety never was in the play until Brown is crossing the goal line.

Josh makes many mistakes, but he is progressing and you can really see the talent.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1