For the first time in a VERY long time...

whorlnut

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Exactly.  Part of the reason I became more of a “realist” is because I had the same feeling with JP, Trent, and EJ.  Unfortunately, they all end the same way.  I want it to be different but I need to see it first.  But very excited the season is here. I’m 

Same. I became a realist toward the end of EJ's rookie year. You can only watch a pattern repeat itself so many times before you come to expect it.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Same. I became a realist toward the end of EJ's rookie year. You can only watch a pattern repeat itself so many times before you come to expect it.

Also same. I still have many, many questions about Josh. But going into the season hoping things fall apart? That part I don't get.

As to week 1; every game is important. I generally hate the notion that an opener has any greater significance than the other 15 games, but this one IS pretty significant. You go into NY and beat the "2nd best" team in the division, you establish a winning environment, get a leg up in the division, and position yourself as the challenger to the Pats. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have never started a season wanting us to lose. 

Every year at this time we get these "for the first time in many years I am excited" posts from people who think that since THEY are finally excited it finally REALLY means something!:rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Gunner is one of those blokes who thinks Peterman isn't a good QB.

I think you’re speaking out of turn, good sir. Never once did I see Mr. Gunner Bloke assert that he thought Peterman was in any way a QB, irrespective of whether good or bad. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I am anxious for the new season to start and will definitely look foward to and hopefully enjoy the game tomorrow.

But for me, Allen isn't it, so I am not nearly as optimistic as you sound.

But what if he is just good enough to do enough things combined with a strong D to somehow get us to 10 wins?  That would be exciting no doubt.  And at least for now, and then next few weeks, we don't really know how it's all going to go and so we can hope he will be as good as hoped for.

What is it that tells you he “isn’t it”?

Chasing the Pats became even more of an uphill climb today. Kind of disheartening when game one hasn't been played yet but you already know you're chasing the Wildcard because the division is out of reach. Tomorrow already feels like a must win 

3 hours ago, offyourocker said:

I am very excited but I do feel like tomorrow is a must win to get to the playoffs

Ditto

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Every year at this time we get these "for the first time in many years I am excited" posts from people who think that since THEY are finally excited it finally REALLY means something!:rolleyes:

Every.Single.Year.

I'm 38 years old. I'm not a kid. I'll believe "this is the first time in many years" when I see them do something they haven't done in many years. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gigs said:

I'm always optimistic, but this is the first year since I was watching Flutie that people other than myself seem to be optimistic and confident in this team

Sorry you missed the Kelly years

if Flutie is your idol, jeez I don’t even know what to say....

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

For the first time that I can remember, I am excited for a season to begin from the standpoint of wanting to win games. Say what you want, but I was rooting for draft position for many years in order to get this team where we needed to be to compete. Whether it was a qb that I didn’t like, or a coaching staff that I wanted to see fired, or maybe a stud college player that I was hoping we could draft, it didn’t matter. I was hoping we would get a high pick. Now? I finally see that we have a competent staff, an exciting young QB, and there in no college player that I particularly covet. Yes it would be nice to get one of the stud receivers next April, but we actually have some exciting new receivers as it is. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.

Agreed. I haven’t been this excited for a season opener in a long time. Hoping the offense looks good. That’s all I’m really nervous about. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I am anxious for the new season to start and will definitely look foward to and hopefully enjoy the game tomorrow.

But for me, Allen isn't it, so I am not nearly as optimistic as you sound.

But what if he is just good enough to do enough things combined with a strong D to somehow get us to 10 wins?  That would be exciting no doubt.  And at least for now, and then next few weeks, we don't really know how it's all going to go and so we can hope he will be as good as hoped for.

Keep an open mind, the tools are all there. He puts it all together, and will be dangerous to defend for years to come, imho. Even my boy JK presided over a couple long losing campaigns before it all came together from '88 onward. For my $$ I figured we had something special with the leap, and don't forget how he ended things with 5 total TD's to end the year on.    

18 hours ago, Gigs said:

I'm always optimistic, but this is the first year since I was watching Flutie that people other than myself seem to be optimistic and confident in this team

I thought the 1st year of Bledsoe had it especially with that defense 

12 hours ago, Chemical said:

Agreed. I haven’t been this excited for a season opener in a long time. Hoping the offense looks good. That’s all I’m really nervous about. 

This. I’m just hoping the offense doesn’t struggle today because I feel really good about the defense. If Allen struggles that will be all this board will talk about all week.