Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Have to earn it in the locker room and on the field for a year. Not one of these guys is new to the team. 

Really depends on the person and role.  Hauschka was a captain in his first season here, and last year Taiwan Jones was a ST captain as a new player as well.

24 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Wow...I was almost certain that Beasley or Morse would be a captain alongside Allen.

Morse - let's just pray he's healthy.  Captain sitting on the sideline would not be a good look.

Why Beasley?

Did you see Dawkins on the sideline during PS game 4?  I swear he got more of a workout than in a game.  He was non-stop upbeat, running up and down the sideline, first guy there when there was a good play.  The joy of the game and the desire to encourge folks just shone from his face.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Morse - let's just pray he's healthy.  Captain sitting on the sideline would not be a good look.

Why Beasley?

Did you see Dawkins on the sideline during PS game 4?  I swear he got more of a workout than in a game.  He was non-stop upbeat, running up and down the sideline, first guy there when there was a good play.  The joy of the game and the desire to encourge folks just shone from his face.

I picked those two because they were veterans that came over from winning teams.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

All opposing RBs are spied every game as they are someone’s key on defense on every play. Usually an LB and usually the MLB. As such I think we will see a lot of Edmunds vs. Bell. I suspect Milano will have coverage responsibility as well at times. 

Maybe I'm confused with my terminology (it wouldn't be the first time), but I know that Bell would be someone's assignment (I would hope, and assume that would be Edmunds), but that differs somewhat from being a spy? I think of the way that Kiko was a spy on Josh last season, and there was no pre-snap adjustment there. If Bell is Edmunds' initial assignment, that assignment could shift to Milano, or whomever, depending on where Bell lines up?

hoping the over confidence comes back to bite them in the ass. not saying you shouldn't be confident but I like it when a team gets cocky and then brought down to reality.

nothing wrong with acknowledging the challenge in front of them, as it will be. hopefully they over come it and hand bug eyes and his team a loss on sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Maybe I'm confused with my terminology (it wouldn't be the first time), but I know that Bell would be someone's assignment (I would hope, and assume that would be Edmunds), but that differs somewhat from being a spy? I think of the way that Kiko was a spy on Josh last season, and there was no pre-snap adjustment there. If Bell is Edmunds' initial assignment, that assignment could shift to Milano, or whomever, depending on where Bell lines up?

Perhaps I should have put “spied” in quotations. Let’s just say that using that word to describe an LBs normal key is redundant. That differs from dedicating a spy to mirror a QB in that it is dedicating a resource normally used elsewhere. Not many QBs are targeted like that because not many QBs can hurt a defense like that. When Kiko was assigned to spy Allen, he was otherwise removed from another responsibility defensively. 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

To overlook game 1 is LOL ?  funny 

Haha. This is a trap game for the Jest.

• Haha (+1) 1

Crumbling their cookies: How the Buffalo Bills should attack the New York Jets

Screen them to death on early downs

The Bills’ screen game was abysmal last year. Lack of line mobility and a significant shift in offensive philosophy hamstrung that part of the offense. The additions of T.J. Yeldon, Cole Beasley, and a metric ton of offensive linemen will help you break that negative tendency quickly.

Being in second down with a reasonable distance to go is an important part of keeping the playbook open (allowing for the shot play calls I mentioned above) and screen passes on first down can give you a low-risk option to pick up the necessary yardage.

Cole Beasley was built for this type of play, but if Allen notes a corner playing 15 yards off John Brown, throwing a quick screen to him may net more yards than pounding the rock into the teeth of a very stout Jets defensive interior.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973