Kiko requests a trade (update: Traded to Saints)

YoloinOhio

Just now, Sunshower said:

You have to give McDermott credit, look at the way he handled his first year versus how Flores is handling his first year. Playoffs versus a dumpster fire.

If I had to guess, I'd say Flores has absolutely no control over what's happening in Miami right now.

8 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

You have to give McDermott credit, look at the way he handled his first year versus how Flores is handling his first year. Playoffs versus a dumpster fire.

Hindsight, my friend. Recall anointing Nathan Peterman the new starter when the Bills were 5-4 and seemingly in the playoff hunt? Recall a couple weeks before that when we traded our "top" defensive player away from a team that was 4-2 at the time? Sometimes you need to wait a little while to see how it all plays out ...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Hindsight, my friend. Recall anointing Nathan Peterman the new starter when the Bills were 5-4 and seemingly in the playoff hunt? Recall a couple weeks before that when we traded our "top" defensive player away from a team that was 4-2 at the time? Sometimes you need to wait a little while to see how it all plays out ...

Andy Dalton and Boyd saved SM from a long offseason of being questioned. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Andy Dalton and Boyd saved SM from a long offseason of being questioned. 

Correct ... and then McD went BACK to Peterman to start last season.  

28 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Jets a good fit. Good fit for Greg and the other crazies there. 

I could see that. In fact, Gregg coaching the Jets D is scaring me ... his psycho crap tends to work for a little while (except as HC in Buffalo, but we're used to that) before he wears out his welcome.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It has to be one of the most lopsided trades in NFL history.  Seriously.

The Jerry Hughes trade was great too, but that one wasn't so obviously lopsided on paper - it just turned out to be good after the fact.

But yeah, the Kiko for Shady trade was astoundingly lopsided both in theory and on the field. Kiko showed promise in his rookie year, so I can see how Chip wanted to roll the dice on him, but he put way too much on the table for that to have been a reasonable gamble. Best case scenario, Kiko becomes as good at his position as Shady is at his, in which case there's no real gain.

Chip, what were you thinking? I mean, thanks! But ... what were you thinking??

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Correct ... and then McD went BACK to Peterman to start last season.  

I could see that. In fact, Gregg coaching the Jets D is scaring me ... his psycho crap tends to work for a little while (except as HC in Buffalo, but we're used to that) before he wears out his welcome.

The they are going to be a tough team to play. I think they will struggle to get to the quarterback, but I do think they will surprise a bit, and then implode.