Bills Leadership Panel of 17 players identified

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Happy that Josh will have the "C" on his jersey this season

I don’t think the captains have been decided/ announced unless I missed it.  But I would expect that he is selected.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not really that deep for me to comment more it was just my first thought. 

No worries I’m just generally interested in how leadership councils are utilized 

People try to read too much into these types of things. Yes, it probably means these individual's roster spots are safe. Outside of that it means relatively nothing about the people who aren't on this list. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

wtf is a leadership council?

Player-driven leadership. From 2017-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalowdown.com/2017/05/18/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-leadership-council/amp/

McDermott will be looking at a wide range of qualities when selecting the players that fit the build, but made it known that age won’t be the only thing considered. Here’s what he said in the beginning of April:

“I think you look for a range of characteristics. Age is one of them. Experience – but that doesn’t just limit it to the older crowd, so to speak. You want representation from, really, the cross-section of the team and really guys that represent the whole team, not just certain parts of the team. I’ve been around it at the two different spots that I’ve been at – both Philadelphia and Carolina – I’ve seen it work well. … Anybody [can step up]. Leadership is a big part of this football team and having the right type of chemistry on the team. Every ship needs a rudder and so obviously I’m one of the leaders, and the player-driven leadership component of it is big. There needs to be leadership in that locker room and on the field, whether it’s practice or during the games. Young or old, it’s time to step up and lead.”

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not 1 RB?  (Demarco doesn't count).

"When he began to reshape the Buffalo Billscoaching staff, he wanted coaches that embodied great leadership. When he started to rebuild the roster, he stayed consistent with the leadership quality. Personally, looking at the personnel from top to bottom, it’s hands down the best looking staff this team has had in a long time"

Since that article was written, McD fired a chunk of that "best looking staff that embodied great leadership": Gill Byrd, Juan Castillo, Crossman, Terry Robiskie.

4 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

All the folks who haven't known this haven't been paying any attention.  No matter what any of us think, DiMarco isn't going anywhere.

True. McD has talked him up a lot. He had a really nice block on a TD vs Carolina 

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

I don't have anything against DiMarco personally; it's just that his value on the football field seems to be less than other players' who might be cut. It's puzzling.

And where does that belief come from? He's a good special teamer and plays a quarter of the time on offense. He's also a team leader. What will a 5th running back or 7th WR contribute that he doesn't?

Edited by MJS