Hollywood Blockbuster Satirizes Killing Of Deplorables’

Fox News with the big stretch on this one.

First of all, the original short story was published in the 1920s.

Get Out was essentially the same plot!  The Hostel movies just involved elite Europeans.  

The 90s had two decent humans hunting human movies.  Ice T was hunted by Rutger Hauer and his hunting buddies in 1994's Surviving the Game, Jean Claude Van Damme was hunted by Lance Henriksen in 1993's Hard Target.  (likely John Woo's best American action film.)

23 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Fox News with the big stretch on this one.

First of all, the original short story was published in the 1920s.

Get Out was essentially the same plot!  The Hostel movies just involved elite Europeans.  

The 90s had two decent humans hunting human movies.  Ice T was hunted by Rutger Hauer and his hunting buddies in 1994's Surviving the Game, Jean Claude Van Damme was hunted by Lance Henriksen in 1993's Hard Target.  (likely John Woo's best American action film.)

Sadly, I loved both Bulletproof Monk and The Big Hit. I know they were bad, but I liked them.

In the same vein, if anyone wants to watch an unintentionally hilarious movie, watch The Marine. John Cena just fending off thousands of bullets by holding up a vest while driving a car that was shot down to its frame. Epic.

I read the original title of this movie was "Red State vs Blue State"  Does  Hollywood have the cojones to release a film like this now  without realizing it could  wreak  serious repurcussions  in the US and none of them good?...Especially in view of todays highly charged and vitriolic  political climate? ...this could get seriously ugly....think about it. ..the racist ideologically radical  types whom are filled with uber hate already do you think this couldn't stoke those people to retaliate against the "non deplorables".....BAD Juju people.

Life imitating "art" indeed **shudders***

• Thank you (+1) 1

I remember the problems Collateral Damage caused when it was released in 2002.

A movie shouldn't be a big deal, no matter which side of the political isle you are on.

I don't EVER take a movie to heart. I know better. Problem is, a lot of people don't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I remember the problems Collateral Damage caused when it was released in 2002.

A movie shouldn't be a big deal, no matter which side of the political isle you are on.

I don't EVER take a movie to heart. I know better. Problem is, a lot of people don't.

+1

Hollywood is garabage too... Always has been.  Why people go outta their way to empower these losers is beyond me.

2 hours ago, Gary M said:

How is it a blockbuster?  It hasn't been released yet.

I believe when they refer to a blockbuster, it has more to do with the cost to make the movie and how it will be marketed. A big budget movie that will have a full release would usually be considered a blockbuster.

As for this movie, is the outrage really over the premise of the film or the timing of its trailer being released and the weekends shootings?

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I believe when they refer to a blockbuster, it has more to do with the cost to make the movie and how it will be marketed. A big budget movie that will have a full release would usually be considered a blockbuster.

As for this movie, is the outrage really over the premise of the film or the timing of its trailer being released and the weekends shootings?

A blockbuster is a Hollywood movie that's made with a large budget and big stars. A true blockbuster is extremely popular and brings in a lot of money.

Typically, a blockbuster is a fabulous summer movie that audiences line up to see the first weekend it's released. You can also call a successful play or a new, popular video game a blockbuster. Less, often, a huge bomb is a blockbuster — this is the word's original, 1940s meaning, from the fact that such a bomb could destroy an entire city block. The entertainment meaning, from the 1950s, began as theater slang.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/blockbuster

So just like the term Racist, it's lost it's true meaning.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

True story.

Remember when Spiderman was delayed because the opening had him spinning a web across the recently destroyed WTC Towers?

Remember when Phone Booth was delayed because of the D.C. Sniper?

This stuff happens.

Worked on a show where this happened... 

We had an episode revolving around a killer on campus shot and ready to air the night of the Virginia Tech shooting -- obviously the network bumped it. Creatively this caused a problem as the episode set up an important story line/character arc for the next three episode (which, of course, were already shot and done). Caused a bit of a kerfuffle in the writer's room trying to retroactively fix that -- because by that point in time, we were already 5 or 6 episodes ahead without the budget or time to go back into completed episodes.  

Funny enough, the next season of the show we had a separate issue which prompted us to write a character out of the show but required a "back story" episode to explain that decision. We still had the unaired campus episode -- so the editors did some magic, added some voice over (which completely changed the plot without reshooting a thing) -- and used that episode to motivate/justify this character's departure. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. 

39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Worked on a show where this happened... 

We had an episode revolving around a killer on campus shot and ready to air the night of the Virginia Tech shooting -- obviously the network bumped it. Creatively this caused a problem as the episode set up an important story line/character arc for the next three episode (which, of course, were already shot and done). Caused a bit of a kerfuffle in the writer's room trying to retroactively fix that -- because by that point in time, we were already 5 or 6 episodes ahead without the budget or time to go back into completed episodes.  

Funny enough, the next season of the show we had a separate issue which prompted us to write a character out of the show but required a "back story" episode to explain that decision. We still had the unaired campus episode -- so the editors did some magic, added some voice over (which completely changed the plot without reshooting a thing) -- and used that episode to motivate/justify this character's departure. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. 

Who knew Sesame Street was so violent?  

:ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gary M said:

How is it a blockbuster?  It hasn't been released yet.

Depends on your definition of "blockbuster".

Huge budget, big time, highly paid, A list actors, big names in the director and producer slot, etc...could make it a blockbuster pre-release. 

Then again, if you think a blockbuster can only be a blockbuster after it makes a ton of $$$, you may have a point.

It's the addition of "deplorables" that upset people, because it's a quote from Hilary targeting Conservatives, not the plot.

It's about the wording. \

It's Hollywood taking a jab at the Right.

Imagine if an Indiana Jones remake featured rednecks instead of Nazi's...

Edited by unbillievable

9 hours ago, muppy said:

I read the original title of this movie was "Red State vs Blue State"  Does  Hollywood have the cojones to release a film like this now  without realizing it could  wreak  serious repurcussions  in the US and none of them good?...Especially in view of todays highly charged and vitriolic  political climate? ...this could get seriously ugly....think about it. ..the racist ideologically radical  types whom are filled with uber hate already do you think this couldn't stoke those people to retaliate against the "non deplorables".....BAD Juju people.

Life imitating "art" indeed **shudders***

Do no worse than media/government does everyday.