Ed Reed Class Act Great First Ballet HOF Choice !!

T master

I saw the interview the other evening on the HOF game with Michele Tofoya which is still pretty hot if i do say so myself !! ?

But Ed although very out spoken with his play on the field the guy is just Class ! He is so humble yet confident in his delivery when giving a interview, I was stoked when the Bills brought him in to be a coach & he was about the only one i was sad to see go when they let Rex & company go that year !

I loved his explanation when he was given a interview after he was released by the Bills with Rex on how he had thought the other coaches would look to him a bit more than they did for input due to what he had done while he was a player, yet they thought of him as just another first year coach which i think was a huge mistake on his boss or the coach above him's part while he was with the Bills ! 

Ed had more time in shower shoes than those coaches that he was working under while in the Bills employ as a secondary coach just goes to show another reason why Rex was let go, when you have some one like that on the crew you should milk them for all the in game type info you can he was a wealth of knowledge & they didn't use it :huh:

I hope he gets another chance to be a coach in the NFL because his knowledge of how to play the position is second to none !  Not to mention he is one of the good guys of the NFL & you don't see many of them type of players coming up any more so i hope he's around in that capacity for years to come !! 

1 hour ago, T master said:

I saw the interview the other evening on the HOF game with Michele Tofoya which is still pretty hot if i do say so myself !! ?

But Ed although very out spoken with his play on the field the guy is just Class ! He is so humble yet confident in his delivery when giving a interview, I was stoked when the Bills brought him in to be a coach & he was about the only one i was sad to see go when they let Rex & company go that year !

I loved his explanation when he was given a interview after he was released by the Bills with Rex on how he had thought the other coaches would look to him a bit more than they did for input due to what he had done while he was a player, yet they thought of him as just another first year coach which i think was a huge mistake on his boss or the coach above him's part while he was with the Bills ! 

Ed had more time in shower shoes than those coaches that he was working under while in the Bills employ as a secondary coach just goes to show another reason why Rex was let go, when you have some one like that on the crew you should milk them for all the in game type info you can he was a wealth of knowledge & they didn't use it :huh:

I hope he gets another chance to be a coach in the NFL because his knowledge of how to play the position is second to none !  Not to mention he is one of the good guys of the NFL & you don't see many of them type of players coming up any more so i hope he's around in that capacity for years to come !! 

I still remember the 2002 draft. I was waiting for his name to be called by the Bills.

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Didn't even know he danced...

You beat me to it.  I was going to say, "Ed Reed is dancing a ballet for the first act of the HOF induction ceremony?  They must be trying to add some class."

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Defined the position. Nobody more deserving of a first ballot induction. 

I'll never forget the SNF game against Cincinnati in 2007.

The box score will show that Reed finished the game with 1 assisted tackle and zero turnovers (plus a punt return TD), but he was absolutely amazing out there. 

He cut the field in half that night. Palmer avoided him at all costs all game long. He nearly beheaded TJ Houshmandzedah twice.

One of the best games I've ever seen from a defensive back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I'll never forget the SNF game against Cincinnati in 2007.

The box score will show that Reed finished the game with 1 assisted tackle and zero turnovers (plus a punt return TD), but he was absolutely amazing out there. 

He cut the field in half that night. Palmer avoided him at all costs all game long. He nearly beheaded TJ Houshmandzedah twice.

One of the best games I've ever seen from a defensive back.

I remember that game. He had many games like that, too. 

I tend to classify the greats in two categories, those I’ve seen play in person and those I’ve only seen on TV or video. He is easily the greatest safety I’ve ever seen in person. It was readily visible to the naked eye how he imposed his ability on opposing offenses. Him and Deion Sanders are the only two DBs I’ve ever seen who could bait QBs into making throws into areas they thought vacated a second before. 

There may have been others who have done that over the years,  but I haven’t seen it in person. 

If being one of the best ever at your position made one a great coach, the coaching ranks would be flooded with former greats.  It's clear that the opposite is true.

No one has sniffed Ed as a coach since.  Playing is playing, coaching is coaching.  This is likely because the truly great athletes cannot simply impart their natural gifts and learned behaviors onto others--the vast majority of whom are far less gifted.  

I'm not sure why anyone would still argue guys like this should or even would make good coaches....

Edited by Mr. WEO

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If being one of the best ever at your position made one a great coach, the coaching ranks would be flooded with former greats.  It's clear that the opposite is true.

No one has sniffed Ed as a coach since.  Playing is playing, coaching is coaching.  This is likely because the truly great athletes cannot simply impart their natural gifts and learned behaviors onto others--the vast majority of whom are far less gifted.  

I'm not sure why anyone would still argue guys like this should or even would make good coaches....

You are taking end results and running backwards thru them to make your point

great coaches need great players and the odds are huge against anyone getting a HC job to be great

Its like the oddity of the sons of NFL players not playing in the bigs, not even HOFs

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

You are taking end results and running backwards thru them to make your point

great coaches need great players and the odds are huge against anyone getting a HC job to be great

Its like the oddity of the sons of NFL players not playing in the bigs, not even HOFs

Not really.  The number of great NFL players in the coaching ranks is completely dwarfed by those who were never significant players (or players at all).

I'm not even talking about "great" coaches....

Therefore we can easily conclude that playing greatness imparts no natural ability to coach.  History proves this.