CBD oil

I'm no doctor and have never tried CBD oil, but I figure it's gaining a lot of traction with the legalization of marijuana. I'm a bit skeptical as anxiety and depression are impossible to quantify. I would figure they should be able to get some real data on heart heath. If someone feels like it helps them, then by all means go for it. I just watched an episode of Drugs Inc. on National Geographic where some lady said she smoked PCP for her bipolar disorder. To each their own. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

It does not get you "high" like marijuana..

The psychoactive ingredient in pot is THC.. CBD is a non psychoactive ingredient that can reduce stress and anxiety supposedly

I have tried it and it gave me a calm feeling

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

It does not get you "high" like marijuana..

The psychoactive ingredient in pot is THC.. CBD is a non psychoactive ingredient that can reduce stress and anxiety

I have tried it and it gave me a calm feeling

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

CBS is a good alternative for minor pain relief.  It works well for me. Not sure on the calming effect . I do recommend it for relief of say arthritis pain.  It takes a couple of days of use to feel it's full effects. There is no high involved and completely legal. I give it a thumbs up. It doesn't beat a perfectly rolled joint though.  That gets 2 thumbs up!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Is she 20, is she 80. Is she a store clerk or a diesel mechanic?

Mid 50's...still working in administration. I have noticed many people with bad backs in recent years.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

Wife works for a company that produces CBD body care products. Lotions, balms, salves, the whole deal. Pretty big, nationally distributed company. Soon to be available in Wegman's even. Anyway...I have found that WELL MADE CBD products (and that's the key, because there's a whole lot of crap out there on the market) have several extremely helpful properties. The principal things I have noticed are anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. Putting some of the lotion on a sore shoulder or elbow really helps with both pain and inflammation. Additionally, I have found that consuming CBD in edible or tincture form is a great reliever of pain from headaches and toothaches. 

There are scores and scores of uses for CBD. It's quite the wonder substance. And, as mentioned by others in this thread, it won't get you "high". That being said, CBD works optimally in the human body when paired with at least a LITTLE THC (the psychoactive component in cannabis), which aids the effectiveness of the human body's endocannabinoid receptors in processing the CBD.

Here's an interesting article about the scientific particulars of CBD and the human endocannabinoid system, if anyone is interested. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5938896/

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

That being said, CBD works optimally in the human body when paired with at least a LITTLE THC (the psychoactive component in cannabis), which aids the effectiveness of the human body's endocannabinoid receptors in processing the CBD.

I’ll vouch for that.  A couple times in recent months I’ve been with friends who had edibles that were 90/10 and boy do they do the trick;  either at a show or just helping to wind down on Friday night.

Wifey and I bought a couple different mixes up in Mendocino last month.

• Like (+1) 1

One of the most versatile and effective drugs in its natural form is illegal in this country.  I wonder who doesn't want people having access to basically free (if you grow your own), non-physically addictive medicines?  Hmmmmmmm.  Such a sad state of affairs in this country when protecting corporate greed is the top priority.  But no one does anything about it.  Nope, they care more about slamming a 4th of July parade.  Sad.  (I understand CBD oil is legal, BTW, but you still cannot grow and make your own for free)

Edited by Mark80

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I want to give it a try. Does anyone have a site that they recommend? I tried to buy from Eric Wood’s company that he endorses but they don’t take CC and want the checking acct # - found that odd 

Yeah, that IS odd, and I’d probably look for a different option as well. 

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/best-cbd-oils-pain-relief

Good website which identifies the top online available CBD oils and their pros/cons.  There’s a lot of trash out there on the Internet.    My wife doesn’t use cannabis, but she does use CBD oil for mild anxiety and back pain.  She also has a “vape pen” with just CBD oil.  She says it doesn’t make her stoned, but “lifts the fog” in her mind like a cup of coffee.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I want to give it a try. Does anyone have a site that they recommend? I tried to buy from Eric Wood’s company that he endorses but they don’t take CC and want the checking acct # - found that odd 

My mom started using it a few months ago with amazing results. Being a cancer survivor with the loss of one kidney I was a bit cautious and skeptical. She also has high blood pressure, very arthritic and suffers from fibromyalgia. It helped with everything including an increase in her remaining kidney function. CBDMD is the brand. (1500 MG ) At approx $100 for 1 to 2 month supply depending on the dosage.

• Like (+1) 2