CBD oil

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I suspect this was not a paid endorsement. 

My left shoulder has been hurting for about 3 months. I think it started by sleeping on it. (Do NOT get old!) I would try almost anything if it might help, except go to the stinkin’ doctor! I’ve had this 3 times over the decades in the other shoulder, and all they want to do is cut you. Looks like I wait it out, it’s always gotten better in time........

Do you play tennis with your left arm? 

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Do you play tennis with your left arm? 

First three times it was my right arm. Twice from tennis, first time from sleeping on it wrong. This time my left arm, which only hurts on two handed back hands and toss for serve. Can’t golf either as I’ve lost range of motion. Missed that on recent trip too Hilton Head where the gang went golfing. Will start with a good massage guy we know. Pray for the best. 

21 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

What kind of back pain?

I'm not sure. He's an old college buddy and I only see him once a year or so. I know he's had chronic back pain for years, and in the past, he sometimes had to use a cane when the pain was bad. (He was in his 40s at the time.) That's when he got the opioid prescription, but he didn't like taking those. When medical cannabis was legalized in NY, his MD gave him a prescription for it. He says it works well.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I suspect this was not a paid endorsement. 

My left shoulder has been hurting for about 3 months. I think it started by sleeping on it. (Do NOT get old!) I would try almost anything if it might help, except go to the stinkin’ doctor! I’ve had this 3 times over the decades in the other shoulder, and all they want to do is cut you. Looks like I wait it out, it’s always gotten better in time........

I had terrible sciatica. Awful pain for 6 months. I tried everything including CBD. Then the neurosurgeon said “ok it’s my turn”. Been pain free ever since so don’t knock them wanting cut you. 

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I had terrible sciatica. Awful pain for 6 months. I tried everything including CBD. Then the neurosurgeon said “ok it’s my turn”. Been pain free ever since so don’t knock them wanting cut you. 

The first time with my shoulder they put me in an MRI to see what we were dealing with. I knew I was claustrophobic and they said “close your eyes going in”. It was 30+ minutes broken into three segments. When the first part stopped, I opened my eyes only to see that I was so close to the “roof” above me I couldn’t focus on it. I PANICKED!!! I started hitting the panic button over and over, squirming and trying to get out of that little coffin!

They finally let me out and I ran past the front desk and down the stairs. One of them said “Yeah, that thing cures a lot of people!”

I sat in another doctors waiting room downstairs for 30-40 minutes watching a loop of Johnny Carson reruns until my heart was calm enough to drive home. 

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

My friend vapes prescription CBD for his back pain. He said it works better than the opioids that had been prescribed before CBD was legalized in NY for medical use.

Try anything before opioids, of course! 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

The first time with my shoulder they put me in an MRI to see what we were dealing with. I knew I was claustrophobic and they said “close your eyes going in”. It was 30+ minutes broken into three segments. When the first part stopped, I opened my eyes only to see that I was so close to the “roof” above me I couldn’t focus on it. I PANICKED!!! I started hitting the panic button over and over, squirming and trying to get out of that little coffin!

They finally let me out and I ran past the front desk and down the stairs. One of them said “Yeah, that thing cures a lot of people!”

I sat in another doctors waiting room downstairs for 30-40 minutes watching a loop of Johnny Carson reruns until my heart was calm enough to drive home. 

Ask for the drugs next time.  I hate MRI’s too.  Only way I can make it through. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Try anything before opioids, of course! 

Whiskey?  Or is it opioids then whiskey. ?

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ask for the drugs next time.  I hate MRI’s too.  Only way I can make it through. 

Whiskey?  Or is it opioids then whiskey. ?

As a PSA, I will mention NEVER take Xanax and drink alcohol! It’s like some magic chemical reaction that results in some very bad stuff! That is the most messed up I’ve ever seen a human being! (And THAT is saying something!) 

A buddy flies up to visit and has anxiety on the plane. They offer a glass of wine, we go to dinner and he has another....and it’s apologies to the server and surrounding tables time. Now - if you are TRYING to abuse it, you can reach serious extremes. 

42 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Interesting..I had pedicle

screws and a rod placed in there.Buffalo General..Dr.Edward Simmons in 1994.

He never told me about the risk of arthritis...

Jim...as my uncle would say.. "Walk the earth with a light tongue"

At the age of 10-12...fishing for sunnies at the old Darien Lake camping ground is when he told me this..and then another 20 or so times at parties and bonfires..etc

I thought to myself.. "why is he always barefoot?"

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ask for a catscan.

Edited by Misterbluesky

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Interesting..I had pedicle

screws and a rod placed in there.Buffalo General..Dr.Edward Simmons in 1994.

He never told me about the risk of arthritis...

Jim...as my uncle would say.. "Walk the earth with a light tongue"

At the age of 10-12...fishing for sunnies at the old Darien Lake camping ground is when he told me this..and then another 20 or so times at parties and bonfires..etc

I thought to myself.. "why is he always barefoot?"

Ask for a catscan.

Catscan and MRI do different things. Just like an X-ray is different. Need the right test. Now they have more open MRI’s but I still might need something to keep my heart from exploding all over their expensive machine. 

I’m not one who hates people who make a lot of money.....as long as they are good at what they do and are worth it. 

CBD appears to be the new miracle cure all for whatever ails you. 

There used to be a an old bank around here that was bought and converted to a place where you could go and smoke pot (if you had a medicinal licence). They ended up getting shut down before it became legal because they opened without permits from the city and were raided a few times for supplying and selling products on site which was illegal (they were only supposed to allow a place for you to go and use of you had your own). On their front window they painted on it a huge list of all the things that 'Weed Cures' and it included everything from glaucoma to PMS.....

15 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

CBD appears to be the new miracle cure all for whatever ails you. 

There used to be a an old bank around here that was bought and converted to a place where you could go and smoke pot (if you had a medicinal licence). They ended up getting shut down before it became legal because they opened without permits from the city and were raided a few times for supplying and selling products on site which was illegal (they were only supposed to allow a place for you to go and use of you had your own). On their front window they painted on it a huge list of all the things that 'Weed Cures' and it included everything from glaucoma to PMS.....

In a world where most man made pharmaceuticals are geared to combat the symptoms and not the disease with many harmful side effects to go with it natures CBD oil is somewhat of a miracle cure all for whatever ails you.

Did I mention fever reducer... 

3 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

So Delray Beach Florida just banned all places that want to open CBD shops. They said they want "Regulations" aka money before they allow it.

Of course they do,

because thats the Bible belt for you.