CBD oil

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Has anyone tried this? Any reviews of whether it works? Eric Wood is advertising it now... but I’ve read about it a bunch. He says it is great for anxiety, depression, even heart. 

Didn't work for me ..spent about $600 on it.no health care coverage for it.

Green Roads is a rip off...tasted like tuna oil..the bottles ranged from $85 down to $55 the next month...big red flag.

Charlotte's Web is the original and is legit.(seizures).

I no longer work.so I puff.

Gorilla Glue/strain 4. Is tremendous for pain,depression..not so sure about seizures.

I would avoid Florida based companies..check out the dr. Oz website...lots of scammers down there.

Edited by Misterbluesky
Good luck and you might get the "runs" the first week.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I want to give it a try. Does anyone have a site that they recommend? I tried to buy from Eric Wood’s company that he endorses but they don’t take CC and want the checking acct # - found that odd 

I would recommend Empire extracts, or any other place that produces their CBD from low/no THC cannabis plants they grow themselves. I think the CBD products from no THC cannabis strains work better than the ones that come from hemp. A friend of mine owns a local company called In:Fusd. I haven’t tried his myself, but I know a bunch of people who love it. It’s expensive though. His CBD comes from the well known CBD strain called “Otto II”. He produces it himself. 

Some places (like Empire) provide lab test results on their site, so you can confirm for yourself what’s in it. 

There are cbd CBD products being made from organically grown US hemp, too. That would be an acceptable source. I just came across a company called “Bison Botanicals” that grow their hemp organically in NY state. Haven’t tried them, though. 

Not sure id you are local to buffalo, but Dent Medical started selling their own CBD that is formulated/mixed by doctors. 

Id also recommend a “full spectrum” CBD product. It’s made from the whole plant and contains other cannabinoids and terpenes that have their own unique properties/effects. (As opposed to products made with CBD isolate, which is just pure, isolated CBD crystal). 

stay away from the stuff being made from bulk Chinese hemp. Hemp/cannabis is an “accumulator” plant, meaning it cleans the soil and stores the toxins and heavy metals, and when it’s then concentrated down, all those toxins and heavy metals are concentrated too.

Hemp used all’s round the world to clean soil too contaminated to grow in. It was even planted at Chernobyl.

Most companies clean the bulk Chinese CBD but I’d still prefer to just avoid it.

Theres tons of crap products out there, though. So I’d check out the company’s backstory at the least and see where they source their CBD. 

There are also a lot of different forms - capsules, gummies, oils you put under your tongue, creams, even smokeable forms of CBD like e-cig vape oils, isolate crystals, waxes and even stuff that looks like legit weed but has no THC. The smokable forms are obviously more potent, like anything that is inhaled into your lungs. The isolate crystals can also be invested or out under the tongue or into baked goods, drinks etc (but they are very expensive). 

Dont expect to feel drastic effects or anything. It kind of just gives a bit of a calming feeling and a sense of well being, smokeable forms being more pronounced. The creams also help aches and pains. I swear by the CBD cream for my bad back/knee. 

If you you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try my best to help you out. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Didn't work for me ..spent about $600 on it.no health care coverage for it.

Green Roads is a rip off...tasted like tuna oil..the bottles ranged from $85 down to $55 the next month...big red flag.

Charlotte's Web is the original and is legit.(seizures).

I no longer work.so I puff.

Gorilla Glue/strain 4. Is tremendous for pain,depression..not so sure about seizures.

I would avoid Florida based companies..check out the dr. Oz website...lots of scammers down there.

It comes in various strengths and applications.

Curious.

Mind If I ask what didn't work? 

If you bought 350 MG strength for extreme pain chances are it probably wouldn't. ( comes 8 times stronger)

It would not surprise me If heavy pot smokers need a stronger dosage to achieve the same results as someone that has never puffed

18 hours ago, Figster said:

My mom started using it a few months ago with amazing results. Being a cancer survivor with the loss of one kidney I was a bit cautious and skeptical. She also has high blood pressure, very arthritic and suffers from fibromyalgia. It helped with everything including an increase in her remaining kidney function. CBDMD is the brand. (1500 MG ) At approx $100 for 1 to 2 month supply depending on the dosage.

Be careful mixing CBD with other prescriptions.  If you go to one of those shops that are opening up, they will tell you that you are fine to mix it with anything.

Pharmacists have recently found out that CBD can make prescriptions (like for high blood pressure) not work.

I think it is just a matter of time before the FDA puts an end to this CBD oil craze.  They need to regulate it and allow only certain companies sell it.  Right now it is a runaway train.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I want to give it a try. Does anyone have a site that they recommend? I tried to buy from Eric Wood’s company that he endorses but they don’t take CC and want the checking acct # - found that odd 

Look at all the reviews.  My niece sells the stuff (she lives in Greece)  

According to her sales pitch -  Some of these CBD distributors use low quality tinctures 

I’ve been trying it for several months now. My chiropractor swears by it.  I use it for the following with the listed results. 

Sleep - doesn’t help one damn bit 

Anxiety - I didn’t really get it for this but have had mild bouts of it recently. Doesn’t help one damn bit

Arthritis Pain - Mainly for my joints. Doesn’t help one damn bit 

And at $80 an ounce it’s been a total waste of money for me anyway. The number one reason I’ve used it is for sleep and my sleep has actually been worse. I’m going to try some actual weed tonight (legal here in CA) to see if that helps. 

@Bob in Mich sorry dude but that’s my experience. Maybe because I’m not using it for a disease?  ?

On 7/6/2019 at 4:34 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Has anyone tried this? Any reviews of whether it works? Eric Wood is advertising it now... but I’ve read about it a bunch. He says it is great for anxiety, depression, even heart. 

I have tried it for pain. It took the sharpness of it away and helped me sleep. I think the thc cbd blends work better but you’re getting a high off of that. 

My my sister uses the tincture and says that works the best for her. 

Used it on cats with terminal illness one with cancer. At first it seemed to stimulate appetite but after a while I don’t think it did much else. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

18 hours ago, Figster said:

It comes in various strengths and applications.

Curious.

Mind If I ask what didn't work? 

If you bought 350 MG strength for extreme pain chances are it probably wouldn't. ( comes 8 times stronger)

It would not surprise me If heavy pot smokers need a stronger dosage to achieve the same results as someone that has never puffed

550 mg..it's a scam.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Look at all the reviews.  My niece sells the stuff (she lives in Greece)  

According to her sales pitch -  Some of these CBD distributors use low quality tinctures 

Like I said..pull up the dr oz episode.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Be careful mixing CBD with other prescriptions.  If you go to one of those shops that are opening up, they will tell you that you are fine to mix it with anything.

Pharmacists have recently found out that CBD can make prescriptions (like for high blood pressure) not work.

I think it is just a matter of time before the FDA puts an end to this CBD oil craze.  They need to regulate it and allow only certain companies sell it.  Right now it is a runaway train.

Cleared it with my doctor and my moms before using and monitoring everything very closely. The thing is many medications used/ perscribed for pain or anxiety are already known to be harmful to the kidneys. Some of the same medications can have an adverse effect on blood pressure medications. Living with one kidney makes it much harder to maintain a good product of life without slowly destroying her remaining kidney. CBD actually lowers her blood pressure along with anxiety and pain while reducing inflamation.

I agree, always be careful and when in doubt, ask a professional.

I think its only a matter of time before CBD is covered by insurance and used/perscribed by most family doctors in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Figster

34 minutes ago, Figster said:

Cleared it with my doctor and my moms before using and monitoring everything very closely. The thing is most medications for pain or anxiety are already known to be harmful to the kidneys. Many of the same medications can have an adverse effect on blood pressure medications. Living with one kidney makes it much harder to maintain a good product of life without slowly destroying her remaining kidney. CBD actually lowers her blood pressure along with anxiety and pain while reducing inflamation.

I think its only a matter of time before CBD is covered by insurance and used/perscribed by most family doctors. 

God bless your mother..if it works for her,keep doing what you're doing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

God bless your mother..if it works for her,keep doing what you're doing.

Thanks buddy, 15 year cancer survivor (lost one kidney) over 80 and still going strong. Her daily activities have increased over the last few months which is nice to see. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/8/2019 at 11:10 AM, Misterbluesky said:

550 mg..it's a scam.

Like I said..pull up the dr oz episode.

Not sure if you’re recommending dr. Oz? Or saying to stay away. If you’re saying to stay away, I agree 100%. He’s a scammer. About half (or more) of his claims are bogus. 

Also, if you are are regular user of mj, there’s a better chance CBD will have little effect because you are already consuming a lot of the cannabinoids and terpenes that are in CBD oils/tinctures etc. Many strains even contain CBD (and CBN, CBG etc). 

It definitely doesn’t seem to work for everyone, though. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Not sure if you’re recommending dr. Oz? Or saying to stay away. If you’re saying to stay away, I agree 100%. He’s a scammer. About half (or more) of his claims are bogus. 

Also, if you are are regular user of mj, there’s a better chance CBD will have little effect because you are already consuming a lot of the cannabinoids and terpenes that are in CBD oils/tinctures etc. Many strains even contain CBD (and CBN, CBG etc). 

It definitely doesn’t seem to work for everyone, though. 

Fan4...he had a lab study done on 8 different samples,two passed.

The bottom line is,you don't know what comes in those bottles.I tasted fish oil..

P.s.-the "study" was done by a Los Angeles sister affiliate.(KCBS)?

As far as being a "regular user".I use as needed..some days I will smoke a few joints total..other days,nothing because my pain is limited.

I just don't want to see people (yoloinohio) get owned..

******** I have offered to help certain people on this board if they need my help,they have my home phone..I am not a dealer..and I don't charge anybody a penny,I gift.I will no longer discuss this topic in full view of this community.

PM's only.

I'm afraid Exiled will call the cops on me..I am not newsworthy,trust me.

Good Luck!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Fan4...he had a lab study done on 8 different samples,two passed.

The bottom line is,you don't know what comes in those bottles.I tasted fish oil..

P.s.-the "study" was done by a Los Angeles sister affiliate.(KCBS)?

As far as being a "regular user".I use as needed..some days I will smoke a few joints total..other days,nothing because my pain is limited.

I just don't want to see people (yoloinohio) get owned..

******** I have offered to help certain people on this board if they need my help,they have my home phone..I am not a dealer..and I don't charge anybody a penny,I gift.I will no longer discuss this topic in full view of this community.

PM's only.

I'm afraid Exiled will call the cops on me..I am not newsworthy,trust me.

Good Luck!

Ah ok. Yes, then I’d agree with Dr. Oz in this case. lol 

The CBD industry is like the Wild West right now. You really have make sure you properly vet a company before using their product. Too much stuff that is not what they say it is, or that comes from dirty Chinese industrial hemp. 

On 7/8/2019 at 9:06 AM, Chef Jim said:

I’ve been trying it for several months now. My chiropractor swears by it.  I use it for the following with the listed results. 

Sleep - doesn’t help one damn bit 

Anxiety - I didn’t really get it for this but have had mild bouts of it recently. Doesn’t help one damn bit

Arthritis Pain - Mainly for my joints. Doesn’t help one damn bit 

And at $80 an ounce it’s been a total waste of money for me anyway. The number one reason I’ve used it is for sleep and my sleep has actually been worse. I’m going to try some actual weed tonight (legal here in CA) to see if that helps. 

@Bob in Mich sorry dude but that’s my experience. Maybe because I’m not using it for a disease?  ?

I suspect this was not a paid endorsement. 

My left shoulder has been hurting for about 3 months. I think it started by sleeping on it. (Do NOT get old!) I would try almost anything if it might help, except go to the stinkin’ doctor! I’ve had this 3 times over the decades in the other shoulder, and all they want to do is cut you. Looks like I wait it out, it’s always gotten better in time........

My friend vapes prescription CBD for his back pain. He said it works better than the opioids that had been prescribed before CBD was legalized in NY for medical use.