Trump's 4th of July Speech thread

The great usurping Caesar must have his pageantry! Find the money and take it from others to appease the wannabe authoritarian 

Park Service diverts $2.5 million for Trump’s July 4 extravaganza

The agency will dip into fees primarily intended to improve parks across the country, according to two individuals familiar with the arrangement.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Last knucklehead that tried to usurp a great day.  Must be Trump knows end result of his presidency will end the same way and wants to follow everything Tricky did. 

I don’t think a sitting POTUS can usurp the 4th of July by holding an event to honor the country... just saying :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Last knucklehead that tried to usurp a great day.  Must be Trump knows end result of his presidency will end the same way and wants to follow everything Tricky did. 

How is celebrating the Fourth of July usurping a great day? You must be really conflicted, what with the TDS that is so ingrained in you in direct conflict with what is right. You must toss & turn throughout the night lamenting the day TDS took your soul and turned you into a Stepford wife.

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

How is celebrating the Fourth of July usurping a great day? You must be really conflicted, what with the TDS that is so ingrained in you in direct conflict with what is right. You must toss & turn throughout the night lamenting the day TDS took your soul and turned you into a Stepford wife.

he's all hung up on Nixon.... so he must be 70 years old or he's just looking for a waste of his entire existence

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don’t think a sitting POTUS can usurp the 4th of July by holding an event to honor the country... just saying :beer: 

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tell ya what, lets make a $100 bet for charity of your choice..if the speech is about the great history of the US and what the 4th means, i will donate. If he talks is about what a great man he is, and all the great things he has done..you donate. Ya in?

If i was in DC this weekend, would heed this advice..( and lighten up people, its a joke?)

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

How will we know?

I remember the first time I saw the Stealth.  I was heading to Angel's stadium for opening day.  I was in the grocery store parking lot and saw it coming and watched it quietly fly over.  Coolest thing! 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The great usurping Caesar must have his pageantry! Find the money and take it from others to appease the wannabe authoritarian 

Park Service diverts $2.5 million for Trump’s July 4 extravaganza

The agency will dip into fees primarily intended to improve parks across the country, according to two individuals familiar with the arrangement.

The NPS has a $2.7b budget.  $2.5m would be like someone making $100,000 (I know that's a big income number for you but try and follow along) dipping into their budget and spending $100.  But I understand that this money shouldn't be taken from parks that Americans enjoy.  I'm all for your idea of taking if from the food the illegal's and their children are getting in our concentration camps.  I mean we're just going to eventually gas them so why feed them?  That was a great idea! 

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Tell ya what, lets make a $100 bet for charity of your choice..if the speech is about the great history of the US and what the 4th means, i will donate. If he talks is about what a great man he is, and all the great things he has done..you donate. Ya in?

If i was in DC this weekend, would heed this advise..( and lighten up people, its a joke?)

Make sure you find a bookstore that specializes in Braille books, you'll need them since there are none so blind as those that refuse to see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Make sure you find a bookstore that specializes in Braille books, you'll need them since there are none so blind as those that refuse to see.

Just so's you and @Deranged Rhino, i am spending the week with maybe the biggest MAGA supporters in CA this fine holiday..it is possible to have debate, bust on each other..and still have a great time!. What really sucks is when your very own son has turned all MAGA on ya!!!!!

BTW, i will make sure we are on the beach at 3.30 PST!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Just so's you and @Deranged Rhino, i am spending the week with maybe the biggest MAGA supporters in CA this fine holiday..it is possible to have debate, bust on each other..and still have a great time!. What really sucks is when your very own son has turned all MAGA on ya!!!!!

He must have a smart mother.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If i was in DC this weekend, would heed this advice..( and lighten up people, its a joke?)

Youre showing you don’t really listen to his speeches. He rarely speaks in “I” form, it’s “we” and always defers to the country and honors it’s history (especially the founders). 

Does he joke and go off the cuff? Yup. I don’t think he will tomorrow as much as say a rally. It’ll be a presidential speech.

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

BTW, i will make sure we are on the beach at 3.30 PST!!!!

Thats great! The ability to have those conversations w friends I mean. Good stuff!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Youre showing you don’t really listen to his speeches. He rarely speaks in “I” form, it’s “we” and always defers to the country and honors it’s history (especially the founders). 

Does he joke and go off the cuff? Yup. I don’t think he will tomorrow as much as say a rally. It’ll be a presidential speech.

of course i don't listen to his speeches at a rally..why would i subject myself to that!!!!!

Official ones yes.... and you are right those scripted...and he usually sticks with that

And i believe this one will be scripted as well.....think it he will start off all about the history and the greatness of our country..but will shift into how great he has made things ..

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He must have a smart mother.

well, she married me..sos???

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

of course i don't listen to his speeches at a rally..why would i subject myself to that!!!!!

Knowledge ?

?

I expect a lot of "counter-demonstration" to give the Nets something else to cover besides Trump's speech

Antifa doesn’t realize that the DC PD isn’t the Portland PD.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Knowledge ?

I expect a lot of "counter-demonstration" to give the Nets something else to cover besides Trump's speech

Antifa doesn’t realize that the DC PD isn’t the Portland PD.

your babysitting shift for plenzmd1 is long over...

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

@ a trump rally? surely you jest!

No.

Many of us subject ourselves to listen to liberal speeches, rather than depend on the faux media reports.

Unfortunately, you appear to be one of those 'experts' who don't  need to actually hear or read what Trump says.....................you just KNOW that it's bad.

I will read your posts accordingly.

?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

You can't blame plenz. America had been going down the shitter for a quite some time. He is probably allergic to all the winning under the Trump admin.

giphy.gif

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

:lol: Fair! :beer: 

And I was writing in a hurry on my phone so I was more abrupt than intended. 

20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Official ones yes.... and you are right those scripted...and he usually sticks with that

And i believe this one will be scripted as well.....think it he will start off all about the history and the greatness of our country..but will shift into how great he has made things ..

I agree that it'll be scripted and I think the writers will be wise/smart enough to keep him on neutral terms/national celebration terms rather than any slams against the Mueller probe/media/or anything campaign related (immigration etc). I doubt he'll go off the cuff either to hit those points personally, but he does go off script at times. 

Opinions on his policies/positions aside, he has shown he possesses shrewd political instincts, and everyone who despises him is BANKING on him making it about him and waiting for him to do it. I think he knows that and will avoid it by sticking to the speech. 

He'll have July 17th's rally to vent and do his normal stump speech act. And you know if he delivers a presidential speech tomorrow, on the 17th he'll absolutely make that a part of his speech: "the fake news expected me to talk about myself and not the country" kind of thing. 

Happily bet a beer at a Bills game on it but I think we're more on the same page than not here :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You DO realize, I hope, that a massive ego is one of the few things virtually all US presidents have in common.

You keep dumping on Trump's ego, but I literally NEVER remember you EVER coming here to dump on Obama's ego? This was a guy who couldn't celebrate the day man first set foot on the moon without posting a photo of himself looking at the moon.

Do you not remember THIS embarrassing spectacle JUST for accepting the nomination?

Obama-greek-columns2

Are you naturally disingenuous, lazy, or simply unaware?

There are plenty of reasons to dump on Trump. His ego is the laziest of reasons to pick.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

@ a trump rally? shirley  you jest!

You're actually admitting that you wouldn't even listen to what you suspect is an opposing viewpoint? As much as I hate to generalize that seems to be a trait of liberals. Conservatives at least tend to listen before rejecting opposing viewpoints. I have msn.com news as my home page, just so I am forced to see the horseshit the biased media spreads.

25 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

@ a trump rally? shirley  you jest!

I sat through the Democratic "debates" two days last week... you can handle a President Trump speech. 

And why? So YOU can form your own opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

If I were Trump this is what I'd do.  I'd invite someone from the Dem side to speak as well.  We are a diverse country we should have diverse speakers.  Have someone who is up and coming who has some good ideas that have "energized" the country.  Someone like say AOC ?.  And then I'd plan my speech to be about where we are as a country.  Our history, our successes, our failures and how hard we need to work as a team to keep this great country going the right direction yadda yadda yadda.  A unifying speech.  And then let AOC speak. And use whatever she says if it's dopey like it would most likely be as cannon fodder in 2020.   

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're actually admitting that you wouldn't even listen to what you suspect is an opposing viewpoint? As much as I hate to generalize that seems to be a trait of liberals. Conservatives at least tend to listen before rejecting opposing viewpoints. I have msn.com news as my home page, just so I am forced to see the horseshit the biased media spreads.

No, he's saying he won't listen the complete misinformation vomited out by Trump. You lick it up 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, he's saying he won't listen the complete misinformation vomited out by Trump. You lick it up 

I have a challenge for you that I know you can't complete. Go a week without posting something that is grammatically incorrect or misspelled.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tibs. Your unrelenting fixation with what you keep calling Trump’s lies fascinates me. It’s been almost three years since he was elected. How has ANYTHING he’s done or said effected you in a bad way? Did you lose your job in the flourishing economy? Were you wounded in a war he didn’t start? 

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I sat through the Democratic "debates" two days last week... you can handle a President Trump speech. 

And why? So YOU can form your own opinion. 

cmon people..its the 4th of July, we are all having parties, time off, tipping a few..have a few laughs!!!!! Jokes are good!!! @B-Man @IDBillzFan, cmon guys, i know yall have a sense of humor..B-Man i laugh all your memes and political cartoons..you know as I like almost all of them!!! 

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Drugs are the root of a lot of bad decisions.

shes more a prodigious drinker of G&Ts

Edited by plenzmd1