Bastards! (Pennsylvania sucks!)

The program does have its merits, but anyone else notice the irony of politicians who have plenty of days out of session mandating no more snow days?  I realize there is work done in the represented district, but many of these birds aren’t killing themselves at work.

• Like (+1) 2

Snow days a s a kid were the best.  It was like a get out of jail free card.  My mother made go out in the snow and play.  We complained at the time but looking back it was fun.  Winter really sucks so it was nice to have something pleasant to add in.

• Like (+1) 1

Not really surprised the no snow day idea is being floated.  With technology it is easily possible; most people could telecommute all the time if the company policy would let them.

Besides, you get out earlier for summer break.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

That’s is just unacceptable!

one thing that sucks about working from home... no snow days!

As someone who works from home, there are NO reasons it sucks. None.

Outside of no human interaction for 9 hours, which then forces one to the bars afterwards to see your "friends." 

I'm fine...........

• Like (+1) 1

On paper this makes sense, in practice it won’t work. 

Even in the wealthiest towns there are a surprising number of kids who don’t have access to the internet at home.  

Too many extenuating circumstances to make this a strict policy. 

49 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

What a bunch of pansies!

In my day, I walked EIGHT miles to school, each way, every day through three feet of snow blah blah blah...

(disintegrates into old-guy talk)

Up hill, both ways!

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The program does have its merits, but anyone else notice the irony of politicians who have plenty of days out of session mandating no more snow days?  I realize there is work done in the represented district, but many of these birds aren’t killing themselves at work.

Many times in my next lifetime I wish to come back as a state employee.  For your last sentence alone 

49 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Many times in my next lifetime I wish to come back as a state employee.  For your last sentence alone 

if you ever get in a fight with a PDOT employee..just give him a shovel cause then he will just stand there and lean against it

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

What a bunch of pansies!

In my day, I walked EIGHT miles to school, each way, every day through three feet of snow blah blah blah...

(disintegrates into old-guy talk)

Isn't there a cloud somewhere for you to yell at? ?