Bastards! (Pennsylvania sucks!)

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Snow days a s a kid were the best.  It was like a get out of jail free card.  My mother made go out in the snow and play.  We complained at the time but looking back it was fun.  Winter really sucks so it was nice to have something pleasant to add in.

The Catholic school system buses gave them a lot of snow days, but they had to make them up in June while we public schoolers were enjoying summer

I'm from here, and this has been running on the new for the past few days and it really pisses me off. Teachers work 9 months a year, not withstanding vacation days, holidays and however many other days they get off. Now they just get to say home because of snow. I guess I'm supposed to burn my vacation since the kids are going to be home with nobody to watch them. Another move towards laziness and no accountability. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

What a bunch of pansies!

In my day, I walked EIGHT miles to school, each way, every day through three feet of snow blah blah blah...

(disintegrates into old-guy talk)

Up hill both ways?

Already happens here.  My daughter gets deadlines, has to submit the work online before certain hours, etc...  Been happening for years.

Yet, they don't count as snow days and they finish up on time.  Last day of school is towards mid to late May.  End of August is start.  If they counted as snow days, they would extend the school year.

Just breaking the Children in early, getting them used to it, habitualized so it's all normal when their douchebag employer pulls the "work from anywhere, @ all hours" BS.  You know, get them ready for the future so they don't revolt like other generations would have.

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm from here, and this has been running on the new for the past few days and it really pisses me off. Teachers work 9 months a year, not withstanding vacation days, holidays and however many other days they get off. Now they just get to say home because of snow. I guess I'm supposed to burn my vacation since the kids are going to be home with nobody to watch them. Another move towards laziness and no accountability. 

+1.

Then there's these is already these bogus "teacher conference days" (in-service days) seems like a couple times a month.  WTF... Like the world needs another BS "meeting."

Pencil pushers unite!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

8 hours ago, Another Fan said:

While I agree it’s stupid I must say I’ve learned from reading at home than in a classroom.

Playboy in the bathroom DOESN'T count! 

?Even if you did just "read the articles."  You'll go blind and grow hair on palms! That will negate any reading advantages!?

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Already happens here.  My daughter gets deadlines, has to submit the work online before certain hours, etc...  Been happening for years.

Yet, they don't count as snow days and they finish up on time.  Last day of school is towards mid to late May.  End of August is start.  If they counted as snow days, they would extend the school year.

Just breaking the Children in early, getting them used to it, habitualized so it's all normal when their douchebag employer pulls the "work from anywhere, @ all hours" BS.  You know, get them ready for the future so they don't revolt like other generations would have.

+1.

Then there's these is already these bogus "teacher conference days" (in-service days) seems like a couple times a month.  WTF... Like the world needs another BS "meeting."

Pencil pushers unite!

I have 2 friends that teach. My one buddy teaches in the city and it isnt easy,  so I cut him some slack. The other guy is in the burbs and in my district. I bust his balls from time to time. I respect the profession. It's not easy to handle that many kids, especially with the rules today. My main problem is teachers are treated like some type of deity for doing a job 2/3 of the year....then you go to BWW, applebees or whatever other restaurant and they have 20% off if your a police officer,  fire fighter, emt,......and teacher. Which one of these doesn't belong.....rant over and I had a really good day, but this subject strikes a nerve.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I have 2 friends that teach. My one buddy teaches in the city and it isnt easy,  so I cut him some slack. The other guy is in the burbs and in my district. I bust his balls from time to time. I respect the profession. It's not easy to handle that many kids, especially with the rules today. My main problem is teachers are treated like some type of deity for doing a job 2/3 of the year....then you go to BWW, applebees or whatever other restaurant and they have 20% off if your a police officer,  fire fighter, emt,......and teacher. Which one of these doesn't belong.....rant over and I had a really good day, but this subject strikes a nerve.

+1.

Try coming to an educational wasteland like here.  They will tell the Children straight up they are driving in for the money. Got the poor Districts over a barrel.  Come in collect paycheck and live somewhere else, mailing it in.  At least don't convey the grim reality of the existence to the Children.

I understand it's hard...  At least go into another line of work where less harm is done.  I don't care if people want to be lazy, pick another trade, profession.  /smh...

[I hear @BringBackFergy@Cripple Creek 's footsteps... I gotta go!  See ya!]

31 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Playboy in the bathroom DOESN'T count! 

?Even if you did just "read the articles."  You'll go blind and grow hair on palms! That will negate any reading advantages!?

Reminds me of high school where someone stole someone copy and taped all the pictures to the windows.  Kids just aren’t like that nowadays 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Reminds me of high school where someone stole someone copy and taped all the pictures to the windows.  Kids just aren’t like that nowadays 

Yeah... Cops would be called in. Kids got it rough now... The legal abyss, sucked into that hell hole they call the justice system

"I made a sharp turn off the road
Luckily I didn't go into the mountain
I went over the cliff
I was doin' 150 miles an hour sideways
And 500 feet down at the same time
Hey, I was lookin' for the cops
Cuz' you know
Hey I knew that it, it was illegal"

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Cops would be called in. Kids got it rough now... The legal abyss, sucked into that hell hole they call the justice system

"I made a sharp turn off the road
Luckily I didn't go into the mountain
I went over the cliff
I was doin' 150 miles an hour sideways
And 500 feet down at the same time
Hey, I was lookin' for the cops
Cuz' you know
Hey I knew that it, it was illegal"

The funniest part then was the bus driver was really only pissed these kids removed the tape of the seats 

4 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Should get a tax break for every snow day.  

Should be able to charge school for electricity used for kid on computer 

You Sir are a champion.  We should back to the old days and charge cops for the bullets they use.  That will stop the trigger happy policing BS too!