Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
T master

Things I Don't Care About in & Around the NFL !!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Steve Billieve said:

I don't care about fidget spinners.

I mean what's the point?

I care deeply about fidget spinners and am deeply offended. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let me get this straight, we use instant replay to measure certain minute aspects of the game and then other times we have a 70 year old ref eyeing the runner from 20 yards away and spotting the ball as he walks a crooked like to the center of the field. And then we take out some poles and chains and MEASURE that man's spot? sounds efficient.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

And another thing! Why do hot dogs come in packs of 10, but buns only come in packs of 8? 

Got you, bro.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nucci said:

are you ok with owners breaching the same legally binding contracts?

They aren't.  They are allowed to cut players and it is why most players get signing bonuses. Many want to be cut so they can get another and will dog it if their agent tells them if they are cut they will be resigned.

 

There are actually agents, one of the was a Bills player's agent but fortunately he is in hell now, was refusing to negotiate on one client's contract until another player as traded or given a new contract. That is agent using interest of one over interest of another player he represents.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

They aren't.  They are allowed to cut players and it is why most players get signing bonuses. Many want to be cut so they can get another and will dog it if their agent tells them if they are cut they will be resigned.

 

There are actually agents, one of the was a Bills player's agent but fortunately he is in hell now, was refusing to negotiate on one client's contract until another player as traded or given a new contract. That is agent using interest of one over interest of another player he represents.

So my 5 year contract is not binding? I can't holdout but I can be released? I have to honor it but they don't

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nucci said:

So my 5 year contract is not binding? I can't holdout but I can be released? I have to honor it but they don't

Yes because that is what contract says.  Don't like it - fire agent.

 

or go year to year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nucci said:

So my 5 year contract is not binding? I can't holdout but I can be released? I have to honor it but they don't

 

Huh?  Of course your contract is binding.  All terms and conditions apply.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

They aren't.  They are allowed to cut players and it is why most players get signing bonuses. Many want to be cut so they can get another and will dog it if their agent tells them if they are cut they will be resigned.

 

There are actually agents, one of the was a Bills player's agent but fortunately he is in hell now, was refusing to negotiate on one client's contract until another player as traded or given a new contract. That is agent using interest of one over interest of another player he represents.

Such a petty thing to say, but I love it. Parker I'm guessing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did i open this thread, i don't care about any of this. I also don't care about any of that or the other thing.

 

I did care for a few minutes about McVay's vacation photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

We are always on the same page when the "bwaaaaahhhhh the NFL is dying!!!" nonsense comes up WEO. 

 

Thanks for getting in first. Saves me a job. 

 

We should all die as well as the NFL does...

 

Cheers!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

To the point where every other play is a damn commercial break or a penalty? I'm sorry but that kills the momentum and energy of a game and in the end will kill your ratings. Game needs to be sped up.

 

 

 

...not sure if it is still the norm, but the old standard was for every 60 minutes of television, 41 minutes is programming and 19 minutes is commercials.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T master said:

Public service announcement !! Due to the intermission in the season is the reason for this post !! 

 

Lets start out by saying there are a lot of things to care about in & around the NFL like how the new pass interference rule might change some calls this year & the discussions about the new CBA coming up & how that could cause a hold out by the players because of how much they think they should make to play a game .

 

Then there are things & players in & around the NFL that i just don't care to talk, read or here about & here are a few for me & feel free to write down those things that you could care less about !! 

 

I don't give a Rats A** about what Roger Goodell or Jerry Jones thinks about the Bills needing a brand new $1.6 BILLION stadium to stay relevant or competitive in the NFL !!

I don't care if i ever here another word about A.B. , Levon Bell , Richard Sherman or OBJ I have no need for a prima donna's insight on football !! 

I don't care what Jerry Jones thinks about most anything in or around the NFL !!

And last but not least I don't care what the national media & the rest of the NFL thinks about our Buffalo Bills they will always be #1 in my book !! GO BILLS !! 

How do you feel about having 53 men on a roster but less aloud ti dress on Sunday? Because I am distraught about that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nucci said:

So my 5 year contract is not binding? I can't holdout but I can be released? I have to honor it but they don't

 

The 90 man to 53 man roster has a lot to do with this.  37 guys in camp don't make the team - you can't pay 37 guys to not play, it would take money away from the guys that do.  There is no minor league affiliate where you can pay a player under his NFL wage like you can in the NHL and MLB.  NHL has juniors, so you can have a guy come to camp and then send him back to play down there and maintain team control.  They also have fully guaranteed contracts so holdouts are rare since if you get hurt, you get paid the entirety of your contract.  MLB has the player options and team options - but if you get DFA'd you still get the remaining salary on your deal.  Both have restricted free agency or arbitration years - and players hit UFA roughly in their prime.

 

NBA is just absurd since 82 games, solid TV deal, and 12 guys per team - half on rookie deals - the other half either overpaid or underpaid based on contributions.  The tax is confusing, and it seems like every deal has opt-outs every year.

Edited by dneveu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

To the point where every other play is a damn commercial break or a penalty? I'm sorry but that kills the momentum and energy of a game and in the end will kill your ratings. Game needs to be sped up.

This^^^ Jim,

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Such a petty thing to say, but I love it. Parker I'm guessing?

 

Yes.  If I was in NFL office I would probably tell his clients "We'd pay you more but it would just result in more trouble with other players he represents." implying that if he switched agents player could make more money.  Jim Overdorf was very good at playing "roll over, play dead" with him. Fortunately no longer an issue for Bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nucci said:

are you ok with owners breaching the same legally binding contracts?

not at all but I would like you to cite an example so that I know better where you are coming from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to care about what Jerry and Roger think. They are critical in determining what the revenue sharing looks like and will have significant say in whether the Bills remain in Buffalo or not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

The NFL has become a prostitute for money. Take the NFL draft for example, they milk every pick for 15 minutes, when I watched the NHL draft the other day it was fun, 1 minute per pick, it was smooth. Look at the commercials too, how long can they possibly spread out each game? Pure greed and filth. Hockey is quickly becoming my favorite sport, non stop action, very few interruptions and penalties. The NFL is dying I'm afraid. The game needs to get cleaned up. The tempo and intensity needs to be increased. Too slow.

It's a business.  The main goal is to maximize profit.  About 2/3rds of their revenue comes from tv contracts.  You can hate the draft process/coverage but it was the highest rated draft of all time.  You can hate the new player safety rules but it's needed to avoid future lawsuits.  You can hate the rules that help the passing game but the passing game draws in more viewers.  You can hate the expanding reviewable plays along with the delays that come with it but fans would rather wait to make sure they got the call right (ask Saints fans).  NFL ratings are so high that the Hall of Fame game (a preseason game) regularly beats the ratings of Stanley Cup finals games.  The NFL will continue its aggressive strategy of expanding its audience (they'd love the Bills to move to London) until it loses its base and they lose money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t care about Fantasy Football. I only vaguely know how it works, more or less. But, I’m thinking of taking it up so that I’ll get a better knowledge of other teams, and players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 12:14 PM, T master said:

Public service announcement !! Due to the intermission in the season is the reason for this post !! 

 

Lets start out by saying there are a lot of things to care about in & around the NFL like how the new pass interference rule might change some calls this year & the discussions about the new CBA coming up & how that could cause a hold out by the players because of how much they think they should make to play a game .

 

Then there are things & players in & around the NFL that i just don't care to talk, read or here about & here are a few for me & feel free to write down those things that you could care less about !! 

 

I don't give a Rats A** about what Roger Goodell or Jerry Jones thinks about the Bills needing a brand new $1.6 BILLION stadium to stay relevant or competitive in the NFL !!

I don't care if i ever here another word about A.B. , Levon Bell , Richard Sherman or OBJ I have no need for a prima donna's insight on football !! 

I don't care what Jerry Jones thinks about most anything in or around the NFL !!

And last but not least I don't care what the national media & the rest of the NFL thinks about our Buffalo Bills they will always be #1 in my book !! GO BILLS !! 

 

 

What this boils down to is, I dont care about the NFL outside of the Bills AT ALL. I dont watch other games, I dont follow other teams. I listen to talk about the Falcons here in Atlanta on sports radio, but I dont care what happens to the team one bit. I dont play stupid Fantasy Football. I dont care if people think the NFL is dying or not.

 

I've always said, if the Bills left Buffalo I'd be able to stop watching the NFL completely, and would just watch College Football. College is my main source of football as it is. I LOVE being able to watch 10 games from noon until 2am on a Saturday (my wife hates it but thats a different story, I like having the option/ability).

 

 

 

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Patriots total mockery of league parity still amazes me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't sure where to put this but I will put it here in one of these "there are things that suck about the NFL" threads. 

 

Because normally you get a "The London games suck... the NFL isn't even that popular over there boooooo, hisssssss, suuuuuccckkkk."

 

The two games at the new Spurs stadium went on sale yesterday. I tried to get tickets for the Panthers and Buccs on our bye week. I was in the virtual queue as soon as they went on sale at 10am. They sold out in 7 minutes. I didn't get any. 

 

Sky viewing figures were up again last year. It was never going to be a quick win getting the NFL over to the people of the UK. But the league's strategy is working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...