Genesis - ABACAB

Green Day - American Idiots

Journey - Escape

Metallica - Master of puppets

Neil Diamond - greatest hits

Sammy Hagar - standing Hampton 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

If you're talking album sides... the Stones Aftermath (US), side 2.

Album sides. What's that?

If it's album sides, I'd still stick with Zappa/Apostrophe side 1 as a fave but Zeppelin/Zoso side 1 is the GOAT.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, Seasons1992 said:

Man, the people responding in this thread are AWESOME music lovers.

@Pete

bob Marley- catch a fire

This isn't a top-10 album in terms of listen time, but it's my FAVORITE physical album I own. I paid way too much for it, and I have the special clear vinyl with smoke inlays. The way it opens and how it looks is unparalleled. And the music is dope. (File photos below, not mine)

R-416733-1549542238-6515.jpeg.jpg

Related image

That is really cool and part of what makes vinyl so great!  I've got Physical Graffiti, Some Girls, In Through the Out Door....and a few other cool LPs.  I love all the artwork on the liner notes on American Prayer 

The-Doors-Jim-Morrison-An-American-Prayer-P10504E-Jap-ROCKSTUFF-Booklet2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Album sides. What's that?

If it's album sides, I'd still stick with Zappa/Apostrophe side 1 as a fave but Zeppelin/Zoso side 1 is the GOAT.

Hardly ever played side 2 of Apostrophe, but side 1 is tremendous, played that more than any other Zappa.

Side 1 of Zoso is great, love Black Dog & especially Rock and Roll, but When The Levee Breaks is my fav on it, so that doesn't work for me.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Rico said:

Hardly ever played side 2 of Apostrophe, but side 1 is tremendous, played that more than any other Zappa.

Side 1 of Zoso is great, love Black Dog & especially Rock and Roll, but When The Levee Breaks is my fav on it, so that doesn't work for me.

More than any other Zappa except maybe for Billy The Mountain, side 1 of Just Another Band From LA. I'm playing it again now, serious drugs there.

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

More than any other Zappa except maybe for Billy The Mountain, side 1 of Just Another Band From LA. I'm playing it again now, serious drugs there.

Billy is an end to end must listen. Haven't indulged in a while. 

Cool thing about this thread is I revisited the Wall...and now Billy (who had two caves for eyes and a cliff for a mouth that would go up and down...) is next.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Billy is an end to end must listen. Haven't indulged in a while. 

Cool thing about this thread is I revisited the Wall...and now Billy (who had two caves for eyes and a cliff for a mouth that would go up and down...) is next.

This was a couple of months earlier... Mark asking if she's wearing panties. Wonder how much she loved the Turtles during the Next 4 years.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Yeah, I was just looking at the two sides.  Tough call on which is better.  Four Sticks and When the Levee Breaks make me lean toward side 2.  But side 1 is solid.  Great album.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, I was just looking at the two sides.  Tough call on which is better.  Four Sticks and When the Levee Breaks make me lean toward side 2.  But side 1 is solid.  Great album.

For my fav LZ side, I would pick Physical Graffiti side 2 by a nose over PG side 1.

Most of the Floyd, Zeppelin, and Beatles albums. Here are some other great start to finish albums that might not have been mentioned: 

Joe Walsh - But Seriously Folks

Sting - The Dream Of The Blue Turtles

3rd Bass - The Cactus Album

Air - Moon Safari

Alice in Chains - Alice in Chains

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies

Badlands - Badlands

Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique

Beastie Boys - Check Your Head

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Black Sheep - Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Danzig - Danzig

David Gilmour - David Gilmour

Genesis - Genesis

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

Geto Boys - Geto Boys

Guns N Roses - Guns N Roses

Hooters - Nervous Night

Hybrid - Wide Angle

Joe Satriani - Surfing With the Alien

LL Cool J - Walking With a Panther

Megadeth - Peace Sells...

Metallica - Ride the Lightning

Michael Jackson - Off the Wall

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Nick Warren - Back to Mine

Ozzy - Diary of a Madman

Richard Wright - Wet Dream

Slayer - South of Heaven

Testament - New World Order

Tribe Called Quest - People's instince Travels...

Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

Van Halen - 1984

Van Halen - Fair Warning

Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy

9 hours ago, Rico said:

For my fav LZ side, I would pick Physical Graffiti side 2 by a nose over PG side 1.

This topic (Zep sides) could easily consume me.  Zep 4 side 2 is tough to beat.  But I'm a big Zep 3 fan and I'll give the nod to Zep 3 side 1.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This topic (Zep sides) could easily consume me.  Zep 4 side 2 is tough to beat.  But I'm a big Zep 3 fan and I'll give the nod to Zep 3 side 1.

LOVE LZ 3 side 1. Side 2 just never got played

11 minutes ago, Rico said:

LOVE LZ 3 side 1. Side 2 just never got played

I think it's my favorite Zep album.  Side 2 is beautiful.  The entire album was such a separation from the first two.  Brilliant, really.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think it's my favorite Zep album.  Side 2 is beautiful.  The entire album was such a separation from the first two.  Brilliant, really.

For me, it starts off good, but ends weakly. Gallows Pole is great, Tangerine is tremendous. Never been a fan of That's The Way though (LZ3 or live), Br Stomp is good, but Roy Harper is skippable. JMO.

Edited by Rico

16 minutes ago, Rico said:

For me, it starts off good, but ends weakly. Gallows Pole is great, Tangerine is tremendous. Never been a fan of That's The Way though (LZ3 or live), Br Stomp is good, but Roy Harper is skippable. JMO.

Roy Harper is definitely skippable.  I love That's the Way, though.  I'll never understand how Hey, Hey What Can I Do? didn't make it onto the album.  If they'd replaced Roy Harper with What Can I Do?, we're looking at a phenomenal side.

It's like Revolution #9 on the White Album.  Total junk and it took a lot of real estate.  I'm certain there were a couple great tunes that were left off that could have replaced that crap.