No Women's World Cup thread?

12 hours ago, bbb said:

Do they keep the clock running during a water break??

Yes in FIFA  matches.

3 minutes of extra time will be added.

In a HS match we stop the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/30/2019 at 2:50 AM, bbb said:

What in the ***** was going on with the way the game ended................They already went past the 5 minute injury time allotment..............Clock keeps going and ref doesn't call the game.  Both teams just keep lining up for the inbounds.  It's taking 10, 15, 20 seconds................And, then they call the game.  Why not just call it when the ball was out of bounds with 5 minutes left............No buzzer beaters in this sport, because there is no buzzer.  

When the assistant official raises the electronic board to show the amount of time to be added this is a minimum. Ensuring any injuries, time-wasting etc during this time can be taken into account as well.

As to why they have to wait until the ball is in play before blowing for full time is lost on me too. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/29/2019 at 2:20 PM, bbb said:

So, do you disagree with what I typed?:

The MWC has prize money of $38M and the WWC is $4M ($2M when they signed their deal)....................So, the US federation or whatever it's called gets WAYYY the ***** less from FIFA to pay them.  

Yes, those are the prizes for the 1st place team.  Nobody in US Soccer would tell you in public or private the USMNT have a chance of winning, so the $38M figure is really a moot point.  Realistically, the men's team earns between $8M-$12M dependent if they progress out of the group stage.  A percentage of this is what would be distributed to the roster after they are eliminated.  

7 hours ago, stony said:

Yes, those are the prizes for the 1st place team.  Nobody in US Soccer would tell you in public or private the USMNT have a chance of winning, so the $38M figure is really a moot point.  Realistically, the men's team earns between $8M-$12M dependent if they progress out of the group stage.  A percentage of this is what would be distributed to the roster after they are eliminated.  

I do not think those are the prizes for the 1st place team.  The 38 vs. 2/4 number is the whole "purse" - as they call it in golf and tennis.............But, in any case the men's teams around the world are getting way bigger prize money for the WC.  How can you say that has nothing to do with the bonuses given for making each stage etc. by the US Federation?  

For me, that shouldn't be a penalty. It's a similar situation to a couple of Jamie Vardy's 'earned' penalties for Leicester. The defender doesn't instigate the contact, the striker does.

And that red has been coming all tournament long. Millie Bright is a ***** liability.

Edited by Blokestradamus