No Women's World Cup thread?

17 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not true...it started with the celebrating and grandstanding when they were up on Thailand. The back and forth between Rapinoe and Trump came after that.

that too, which I find kind of lame but what the hell do I know. is that kind of like a bills ass whooping from the patsies and brady spitting and calling bills fans pussies? that kind of grandstanding?

57 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The Blues and Raptors and US with big wins where 99 percent of those yelling the most couldn’t have named three players on the team two months ago.

Wrong. The biggest fans of this team make up the 99% and they know the team well. 

There are always some people joining the party late for world cups and olympics and they are welcome. 

Sorry Canada choked their way out of this one. They are generally pretty good because most of their players attended US colleges. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

33 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This was all discussed around page 2 or 3 of this thread. I'm not going to rehash the same subject. They just won the world cup. Good for them. Let's enjoy it.

Except you already have rehashed it. 

Enjoyed watching them play; some very talented ladies. Congratulations!

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

some had their feelings were hurt when a few girls from the team refused donnie boys invite to the white house. so they must figure it's unamerican to avoid someone they despise seated in the white house. 

Rapinoe was kneeling for the national anthem before Trump was even elected president.  She'll say and do whatever gets her the most attention. 

8 minutes ago, bbb said:

Rapinoe was kneeling for the national anthem before Trump was even elected president.  She'll say and do whatever gets her the most attention for the things she believes in

FIFY

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You forgot the " " around ladies.

giphy.gif

You're melting, snowflake!

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, bbb said:

Rapinoe was kneeling for the national anthem before Trump was even elected president.  She'll say and do whatever gets her the most attention. 

she doesn't have to say much, seems to be a hell of a soccer player and a very highly competitive young lady. I have no problem with her

besides, it seems that it doesn't matter where you stand, somebody is always going to be butt hurt. we live in a butt hurt society, where feelings always seem to be hurt by something.

19 minutes ago, bbb said:

megan-rapinoe-pose.jpg

She definitely believes in Megan Rapinoe 

Your trolling in this thread has come to this? You don't like that she opens her arms to the fans and smiles. I am sure you hated when she blew kisses and went up to hug her mom too. It's really warm for all you snowflakes today. Who knew you cared so much about soccer? (Me.)

43 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You forgot the " " around ladies.

Soccer ??‍♀️

20 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

she doesn't have to say much, seems to be a hell of a soccer player and a very highly competitive young lady. I have no problem with her

besides, it seems that it doesn't matter where you stand, somebody is always going to be butt hurt. we live in a butt hurt society, where feelings always seem to be hurt by something.

You're the one bringing up Trump.  I'm telling you her USA-bashing started before Trump.............You change the subject.  

8 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Your trolling in this thread has come to this? You don't like that she opens her arms to the fans and smiles. I am sure you hated when she blew kisses and went up to hug her mom too. It's really warm for all you snowflakes today. Who knew you cared so much about soccer? (Me.)

Wait - I thought you liked trolls.  If Megan Rapinoe isn't constantly trolling, I don't know who is.  

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Congrats to the US as they are by far the best team (and my daughters are thrilled), BUT....this game is yet another example of why reply is the worst thing in sports and foreshadows why the new PI rule in the NFL will be a disaster.

An exciting game (US dominating but can't solve the goalie) is ruined because the ref decides, after looking at reply, to essentially award the US a goal and end all the tension in the game.  Was reply used to "fix an egregious error" which is supposed to be the rationale for reply?  No.  Instead they use it to change their mind on a questionable foul, just like they do in every other sport.

Can't wait till the first time the Bills D is holding off a great QB and in the 4th quarter get called for a questionable PI in the endzone after a reply review.

+1. 

The bylaws of VAR call for it to be implemented for "clear and obvious" errors by the officials.  I'd argue it was used to good effect during the Men's WC in Russia last summer. 

However, as some leagues and the most recent use in the women's WC have shown, it's become both a crutch for poor officiating and a way for officials to enforce the rulebook to the proverbial 'T.'  Things like incidental contact, clutching & grabbing, and close Offside are now routinely reviewed.  Hardly "clear and obvious" situations.  Some media members have even been told that officials are instructed to let close Offside situations go uncalled because they now have the benefit of replay.  Again, hardly "clear and obvious."

Edited by stony
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2019 at 1:31 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Havent watched a lick of this, so whats with all the hate for the Americans??

Uppity women, lol.

7 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

There's a difference between "women" and "ladies."

Language matters.

handmaidstale_042518gn.jpg?itok=gHZbOn4c

Which are these?

Edited by PromoTheRobot