Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You failed miserably.

Liberal logic is "Reid was forced to, by Republican obstructionism.  He just did what was necessary.  McConnell, on the other hand, unconstitutionally withheld the nomination from a floor vote, violating the "advice and consent" clause."

Which liberal logic ignores...well, reality.  It's based on the first-grade legal principle of "I want it!  Gimmee!"

Well... schiff.

16 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This is going to hurt, but I'm going to attempt liberal "logic":

If McConnell wasn't such a mean poopy head, forcing Reid to go nuclear, then McConnell wouldn't have any precedent to remove the filibuster to allow Adolph Gorsuch and the beer-loving rapist onto the Supreme Court.

Therefore, This is all Trump's fault, and he must be immediately impeached at all costs (followed by radical wealth redistribution after Hillary retroactively becomes president for reasons)!

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You failed miserably.

Liberal logic is "Reid was forced to, by Republican obstructionism.  He just did what was necessary.  McConnell, on the other hand, unconstitutionally withheld the nomination from a floor vote, violating the "advice and consent" clause."

Which liberal logic ignores...well, reality.  It's based on the first-grade legal principle of "I want it!  Gimmee!"

Disappointed that neither one of you incorporated dance to help drive it home.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hedge said:

Disappointed that neither one of you incorporated dance to help drive it home.

Well I had successfully suppressed any memory of watching that horrific performance. Thanks.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You referred to it and erroneously attributed Reid’s action to Mitch. 

At least be honest. 

The ignorance you’re displaying is staggering.

Oh.

You're just misunderstanding what I said.

Why did you assume the breaking of the filibuster was one of the precedents he broke? That sentence didn't require that connection, but you assumed it nonetheless in your seemingly overwhelming desire to belittle anyone with different views than your own.

The tunnel vision your arrogance is causing is staggering.

17 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am no fan of either party, but go ask an independent or some with no political party who the dirty party is and see what they tell you?

That is all.

I just did.

She said Republicans.

That is all.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You referred to it and erroneously attributed Reid’s action to Mitch. 

At least be honest. 

The ignorance you’re displaying is staggering. 

...I think you're being too DAMN polite........this clown could be Tib's first cousin......SMH........

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Oh.

You're just misunderstanding what I said.

Why did you assume the breaking of the filibuster was one of the precedents he broke? That sentence didn't require that connection, 

You're being incredibly dishonest. 

You made an error -- rather than admit your error (and your ignorance), you are just flat out misrepresenting what you wrote. Fortunately, it's still there for all to see. 

The sentence you wrote, not me, was clear: McConnel was your only subject, and you used a conjunction to make the point. 

21 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Since McConnell has broken so many precedents and gotten rid of the filibuster,

Tell me you don't teach English, please. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You made an error -- rather than admit your error (and your ignorance), you are just flat out misrepresenting what you wrote. Fortunately, it's still there for all to see. 

The sentence you wrote, not me, was clear: McConnel was your only subject, and you used a conjunction to make the point. 

But he didn't mean THAT filibuster.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why did you assume the breaking of the filibuster was one of the precedents he broke?

Since you're totally not being dishonest, why don't you go ahead and list all these precedents that he broke.

Don't worry, we'll wait for your next attempt at being a weasel.

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He don't.

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not to you, otherwise I would have made you understand it better.

It's a shame what you're trying to do here rather than concede your misunderstanding.

37 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not to you, otherwise I would have made you understand it better.

It's a shame what you're trying to do here rather than concede your misunderstanding.

You wrote McConnel was the one who removed the filibuster. That’s your sentence, not mine. 

And its 100% incorrect. 

Because you are gleefully uninformed on many topics. You’re gonna love your new avatar. 

• Like (+1) 1

SAY IT AIN’T SO: Fox News pollster Braun Research misrepresented impeachment poll: analysis.

The poll released last week by Fox News that claimed most Americans favor the impeachment of President Trump underrepresented Republican and independent voters, The Post has found.

The poll said 51% of voters were in favor of Trump’s impeachment and removal from office, while 40% did not want him impeached.

Princeton, New Jersey, pollster Braun Research, which conducted the survey, noted 48% of its respondents were Democrats. But the actual breakdown of party-affiliation is 31% Democrat, 29% Republican and 38% independent, according to Gallup.

A poll weighted for party affiliation would have concluded that 44.9% favored impeachment and 44.4% opposed it, a Post analysis has concluded.

The poll prompted Trump to tweet: “Whoever [Fox News’] Pollster is, they suck.”

Harsh, but fair.

• Like (+1) 3

CLARICE FELDMAN: Producers of the Flailing Impeachment Inquiry.

Believing Adam Schiff’s lies and calling for an “impeachment inquiry” has to be one of the worst blunders of Speaker Pelosi’s career.

The whistleblower tale has crumbled and the backup witnesses the Democrats are relying on only confirm the Deep State bureaucrats and Democrats believe that they, not the elected president, have a lock on executive powers. In fact, the ploy boomeranged and the spotlight is now on the Democrats’ White Hope, Joe Biden. Despite the media downplaying Biden’s actions, there is more to come of his and his party’s corruption.

The leaker, incorrectly tagged a “whistleblower,” now doesn’t want to testify. Instead he wants to give his testimony “by letter,” presumably from an undisclosed location where no one can test his “testimony.” Ostensibly this is because he fears for his safety. He is anonymous, so any claim of “death threats” seems unlikely, although as we show below, we do have a rather good idea of his identity.

In any event the very notion is preposterous.

Presidential impeachment based on an anonymous witness. I’d say you can’t make this up, but the Democrats actually have.

All according to the brainwashed cultist

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/15/donald-trump-impeachment-ukraine-investigation-046915

Donald Trump's impeachment blockade has collapsed. 

The president's former top Russia adviser, Fiona Hill — the first White House official to cooperate in Democrats' investigation of the Ukraine scandal — has sketched for lawmakers a trail of alleged corruption that extends from Kiev to the West Wing. In dramatic testimony on Monday, she roped in some of Trump's top advisers as witnesses to the unfolding controversy.

Charles Lipson, RealClearPolitics

Nancy Cook, Politico

New York Post

Kalev Leetaru, RealClearPolitics

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/14/2019 at 10:16 AM, B-Man said:

CLARICE FELDMAN: Producers of the Flailing Impeachment Inquiry.

Believing Adam Schiff’s lies and calling for an “impeachment inquiry” has to be one of the worst blunders of Speaker Pelosi’s career.

I don't know if she actually believes any of this crap. Seems to me that her bigger problem is a revolt from the extreme left, led by the Jihad Squad, among others, if she didn't do something with impeachment.

It looks, to me at least, like she is trying more to hold onto her speakership than doing her job as speaker, even at the potential expense of her majority.

• Like (+1) 1

Pelosi: No House vote on impeachment inquiry

Speaker Nancy Pelosi continued to stand firm Tuesday, insisting she will not stage a vote on the House floor to officially launch an impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

Trump and his Republican allies have been pressuring Pelosi to hold a formal vote to begin the investigation — a move they believe would grant them more power and influence in the process, including the ability to call and subpoena their own witnesses.

Last month, Pelosi formally launched an impeachment inquiry into Trump after months of resisting calls from her caucus to do so, but she has faced pressure to hold an on-the-record vote from both Democrats seeking Trump's ouster and Republicans who view the issue as a political winner.

The impeachment inquiry followed Trump's admission that he pressured Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, as well as a whistleblower's complaint that alleges Trump sought the probe in order to help his own chances ahead of the 2020 election.

Trump has denied any wrongdoing and dismissed the investigation as a "witch hunt," while House Democrats have held a series of behind-closed-doors hearings in recent weeks with administration officials involved in Ukraine policy, including former Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch on Friday, former Trump Russia adviser Fiona Hill on Monday and Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs George Kent on Tuesday.

Pelosi's announcement came less than two hours before the Democratic 2020 primary field is set to hold its first debate since the impeachment inquiry began.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

posting for the response tweet (second).

in actuality, does anyone doubt this is probably what will happen? Nancy will take the stage and proudly proclaim, "We do hereby proclaim President Trump impeached, effective immediately.". thereby cementing the comedy gold that the House is.

:lol:

https://twitter.com/expertmarx/status/1184425346663354370

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now that the Democrats have set this precedent, it will be interesting to see how they react when the Republicans do the exact same thing to a Democrat president.

• Like (+1) 1