Bi-Partisan Support For Impeachment

46 minutes ago, Foxx said:

a well reasoned article by Andrew McCarthy.

Ignore the hype — this is not an impeachment inquiry

FTA:

Every presidential impeachment inquiry, from Andrew Johnson through Bill Clinton, has been the subject of bipartisan consultation and debate. The House has recognized that its legitimacy, and the legitimacy of its most solemn actions, must be based on the consideration of the whole body, not the diktat of a few partisan bosses.

Not this one. This one is a misadventure in exactly the bare-knuckles partisanship the Framers feared. To be sure, no one has the power to prevent willful House leadership from misbehaving this way. But we’re not required to pretend the charade is real. 

Democrats are mulishly determined to ram through an article of impeachment or two, regardless of whether the State Department and other agencies cooperate in the farce. Their base wants the scarlet-letter “I” attached to Trump. The party hopes to rally the troops for the 2020 campaign against Trump (although smarter Democrats know it could boomerang on them). 

If Democrats truly thought they had a case, they wouldn’t be in such a rush — they’d want everyone to have time to study it. But they don’t have a case, so instead they’re giving us a show.

• Thank you (+1) 1

See it now?? It cannot get more clear than this

The media is a controlled apparatus for the intelligence services. ESPECIALLY NBC Universal. 

Who else had a HUGE show on NBC for over a decade? 

What does Sun Tzu say about the value of spies and foreknowledge again? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

It's not her fault, she saw something shiny and became distracted.

No, that happens way more to the Tucker Calrson crowd. Fox News must have AOC stories a couple of times a day. Young, non-white women, perfect for demonization on that media source 

AOC may be a republican plant. After all the stupid things she says that shine a poor light on the dems she tops it off by demanding (and getting) impeachment efforts certain to backfire on the dems themselves. Now she backs off to protect herself. I think I'll write her campaign a check.

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Not your best work, buddy.

Congratulations, you are the first to use the word "best" in relation to him.

Edited by 3rdnlng

32 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

AOC may be a republican plant. After all the stupid things she says that shine a poor light on the dems she tops it off by demanding (and getting) impeachment efforts certain to backfire on the dems themselves. Now she backs off to protect herself. I think I'll write her campaign a check.

The irony of that would be a Republican plant who's a Democrat pushing for the impeachment of the Republican president who was a Democratic plant.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The irony of that would be a Republican plant who's a Democrat pushing for the impeachment of the Republican president who was a Democratic plant.  :lol:

Here's a beer to go with that pretzel. :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yeah...what I get from everything is that there's disagreement among the senior State Department staff of what Trump's motives were.

Which - again - has everyone rushing to cherry-pick whichever statements support their preconceived notions.

• Like (+1) 1

Talk about counting chickens before they hatch...

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-04/impeachment-shouldn-t-make-a-pelosi-presidency-possible?srnd=opinion

The premise of this article is to change the rules of succession to remove the speaker (Pelosi) in order to get more Republicans to find it palatable to vote for impeachment. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Talk about counting chickens before they hatch...

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-04/impeachment-shouldn-t-make-a-pelosi-presidency-possible?srnd=opinion

The premise of this article is to change the rules of succession to remove the speaker (Pelosi) in order to get more Republicans to find it palatable to vote for impeachment. 

Democrats should make it legally impossible for impeachment to deliver them the White House.

BUT THAT'S WHY THEY'RE DOING IT!!!!!

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

BUT THAT'S WHY THEY'RE DOING IT!!!!!

Yeah I like to avoid the media, but now more than ever.

Most don’t seem to know how the government and politics work.  The rest try to come up with too-clever ideas. 

I cant wait for someone to propose that Andrew Cuomo fill Chris Collins’ empty seat with Hillary Clinton, and then the House immediately votes to make her speaker just before voting to impeach both Trump and Pence.  Of course the proposal would conveniently leave out the fact that the Senate would then vote 99-1 (Romney) to acquit. 

These are are the type of articles I’m expecting to see.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

this will be interesting to me. we see the size of his rally's, will that translate over to this march?

https://twitter.com/CyndeVita/status/1180514658517704705

Probably not.  Trump supporters have jobs.

More to the point, the DC Metro region is liberal, and full of progressive activists.  You can't get the same conservative turnout for demonstrations. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I cannot find the campaign ad. Apparently, it is running on Facebook:

McConnell fundraises off impeachment, says effort will fail 'with me as majority leader'

Earlier this week, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said his chamber would have "no choice" but to hold a trial on whether to remove President Donald Trump from office if the House votes to impeach.

But in a new campaign ad on Facebook, the Kentucky Republican claims that any impeachment attempt will fail as long as he remains in charge of the Senate.

"Nancy Pelosi's in the clutches of a left wing mob. They finally convinced her to impeach the president," McConnell says directly to the camera in a 17-second video. "All of you know your Constitution. The way that impeachment stops is a Senate majority with me as majority leader.

"But I need your help," he adds, standing in front of a picture of an elephant. "Please contribute before the deadline."

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1