NFL Draft - Day 1 (put your general pick commentary here)

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Words cannot describe how much I hate that term.

I know you're not a hockey guy, but I've heard that more than often enough to describe two guys that are anything but.

So agree with this. 

I hate it almost as much as people saying, “right” at the end of every other sentence.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dubs said:

What do you give up there?  One of our fourths?

At this point, wait til tomorrow and try to get 2-2nds instead, unles someone you really want is there now and will either go in the last few picks or the first couple tomorrow

This is the point where the draft starts to get to guys being taken not where you would normally expect

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

but you're quoting a post that is a reply responding to that very statement which indicates you agree with it.

Well that wasn't what I was intending to indicate. I was intending to bring some nuance to the discussion. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Another new rule....if you have back to back picks you only get one time slot?   

Maybe they should just make them do it on Yahoo and give them 90 seconds to pick.  :lol:

Unless they are trading out of the spot, Do you need the extra time to make your next pick? Do they have to evaluate the move that was just made before they can decide who to take next?

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

At this point, wait til tomorrow and try to get 2-2nds instead, unles someone you really want is there now and will either go in the last few picks or the first couple tomorrow

This is the point where the draft starts to get to guys being taken not where you would normally expect

Move up now. 31/32 are more valuable than 33/34 because of the 5th year option.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

So...is your point is that since IA is great at scouting and getting Tight Ends NFL-ready, that they should be winning more games, or are you upset with the fact that they produced two Tight Ends that went in the first round?

My point is they didn't quite have a huge impact in the win loss column. Didn't want them. Give a college team the top 2 NFL drafted edge rushers and they do better in the win loss column.

I didn't want a TE. Hockenson and Fant's impact on Iowa confirmed my view on TEs.

So yeah maybe my point is they should be winning more games. Or maybe they shouldn't and didn't cause.. idk.. they're TEs.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Unless they are trading out of the spot, Do you need the extra time to make your next pick? Do they have to evaluate the move that was just made before they can decide who to take next?

Man, you must have gone apoplectic back when teams got 15 minutes a pick!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

but you're quoting a post that is a reply responding to that very statement which indicates you agree with it.

I really don't get what your issue with my post is

If he were this huge gamebreaking threat at WR he'd be getting drafted instead of DT #7

He's strong and fast in a straight line so of course a team is going to take him at some point, but the context we're talking about is a dude who a bunch of people wanted the Bills to draft at 9 that is falling because, newsflash, he's not very good

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They may be fielding calls, making follow up calls to trade back, etc....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Avisan said:

I really don't get what your issue with my post is

If he were this huge gamebreaking threat at WR he'd be getting drafted instead of DT #7

He's strong and fast in a straight line so of course a team is going to take him at some point, but the context we're talking about is a dude who a bunch of people wanted the Bills to draft at 9 that is falling because, newsflash, he's not very good

Please name one player drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft that the team that drafted him thought, "He is not very good".