Raiders looking to surprise at #4 - what Kickers are available?

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/8992506

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are considering "some sort of surprise pick" at No. 4 overall that would "necessitate absolute secrecy."

Per Rapoport, a pick that "we are not expecting" seems to be in the offing. Forced to speculate on who that might be, Rapsheet mentioned LSU LB Devin White, a quarterback or offensive lineman. The Raiders, who are still looking to replace Khalil Mack, are in a defensive line-rich part of the board, but coach Jon Gruden has made it clear he is listening to no one but himself. Gruden is fast developing into the second coming of Al Davis.

Edit: Seriously though sending all scouts home. I wonder if they did in fact work out a trade with ARZ to get Murray and are looking to move Carr...

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/8992506

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are considering "some sort of surprise pick" at No. 4 overall that would "necessitate absolute secrecy."

Per Rapoport, a pick that "we are not expecting" seems to be in the offing. Forced to speculate on who that might be, Rapsheet mentioned LSU LB Devin White, a quarterback or offensive lineman. The Raiders, who are still looking to replace Khalil Mack, are in a defensive line-rich part of the board, but coach Jon Gruden has made it clear he is listening to no one but himself. Gruden is fast developing into the second coming of Al Davis.

Edit: Seriously though sending all scouts home. I wonder if they did in fact work out a trade with ARZ to get Murray and are looking to move Carr...

Carr has been inconsistent/erratic, but he's still better than what I think Murray will be.  Just my opinion.

Also, as a side note, Gruden appears to be imploding the Raiders (which isn't a bad thing).

• Like (+1) 1

I always thought Carr was way overrated. The Raiders apparently live Murray. I’m not sure that they can make it happen. My guess is that the pick is a big surprise because, Raiders. Metcalf? Hock? Wilkins? I don’t expect it to be someone that we have seen mocked that early (unless it’s a QB). 

3 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Then we'd miss out on countless pic and gif opportunities! 

Image result for mark davis dumb and dumber

228FC7E9-7123-4C0C-AC2E-548A02E63081.jpeg.8eefb05830901dba1acfe74e1805f1fd.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I always thought Carr was way overrated. The Raiders apparently live Murray. I’m not sure that they can make it happen. My guess is that the pick is a big surprise because, Raiders. Metcalf? Hock? Wilkins? I don’t expect it to be someone that we have seen mocked that early (unless it’s a QB). 

228FC7E9-7123-4C0C-AC2E-548A02E63081.jpeg.8eefb05830901dba1acfe74e1805f1fd.jpeg

I agree about Carr but he has put up some numbers.  With all their picks, they could have a good team if they don’t implode. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I agree about Carr but he has put up some numbers.  With all their picks, they could have a good team if they don’t implode. 

He’s always been Tannehill(ish) to me. People think (and his numbers) are better than the player that I think he is. You could do worse than Carr but I don’t think that you can win with him. 

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

?

?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

I can see that happening. Trade up and get Kyler. 

Wow, if the Cards don’t draft Murray at this point, they are the greatest poker players ever.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s always been Tannehill(ish) to me. People think (and his numbers) are better than the player that I think he is. You could do worse than Carr but I don’t think that you can win with him. 

?

Personally, and I know gruden  doesn’t think like this, I load up on another skill player and draft a qb later in the first and give Carr one more year.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m terrified of Metcalf but him being a number 2 there could be pretty nasty. 

He'd be a number three there. They signed Tyrell Williams and traded for he who shall not be named. Heck he might even be a fringe fourth wr there if they drafted him since the Raiders drafted Marcell Ateman last year. 

• Like (+1) 1